Author Topic: Week 5 Discussion  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
Week 5 Discussion
« on: August 04, 2013 »
I have a great idea for a team challenge and true MPL game: Lost Level Personalization. Basically, the goal is to offer your take on each of the Lost Level's weekly videos: Mushroom Mondays, Juicy Tuesdays, Witty Wednesdays, Double T Thursdays, and Black Friday(Keep yours clean, please). Any alterations to the basic formula they have made, you can make; including talking about Mario's fellow franchisal friends, the number of questions in your JT, etc. Please provide as much detail in your description as possible, or if you prefer, you can post an actual video. Members can either submit several individual ideas, colab with a teammate(s), or both. Either way, there must be one post.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013 by Luigifan3DSGCN »
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline AbsolPowers

• Back to the Classics, one final time!
  • I am about 300% done with you
  • us 
Re: Week 5 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013 »
Hmmmm, I like the idea. The only problem is... I'm not sure if it'll win or not. In a way, it could get people bored easily, but I think we should stick with this for now.

Currently, I'm trying to create an idea, but I am stuck. I'll get back to you if/when I get an idea.

Full Super Smash Bros. Signature album HERE Voila!

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• us 
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013 »
Ok, in the meantime, I'll go ahead and start thinking up of stuff, so we can have a head start if we do use it.
Making it final.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013 by Luigifan3DSGCN »
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• us 
Lost Level Personalization
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013 »
Mustachioed Mondays
Five fun facts from Mario
1. The development of Super Mario 3D Land was altered to make a game that could make people happy after the tsunami that devastated Japan in March 2011.
2. Wario and Waluigi's names come from their nemeses and the Japanese term, "Warui", which literally translates to "bad."
3.In Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards and Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Mumbies behave similarly to Boos.
4. During the Gamecube's development, Shigeru Myamoto originally wanted to make the Mario Brothers more grown up. Big mistake there!
5. In the Luigi's Mansion file select screen, there's a message that says "Welcome to your mansion" that vanishes after a while. However, the "Y" will disappear first, briefly making the message, "Welcome to our mansion."

GCN Tuesdays
1. What's your favorite game for the Gamecube?
2. Which edition of the system did you get?
3. What's a good and/or emotional memory you have of the system and its games?
4. If there was a system-defining game, what would it be?
5. Did Pokmon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness prove the core series could fit on a home console?
Hot Topic: How did Nintendo fare with its first real attempt at a disc-based console. Did it do well, or fail to live up to precedents set by the N64 and later, the Wii?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Witty Wednesdays
1. In Luigi's Mansion, how much money do you have to collect in order to obtain a Rank D house?
2. How many trophy cutscenes in Mario Power Tennis feature Wario?
3.How do you unlock Luigi in Super Smash Bros. Brawl without the Subspace Emmisary? Give both ways to get this correct.
4. In which games does Princess Peach get kidnapped by someone not involved with the Koopa Troop?
5. How many hidden Luigis in NSLU are based off of artworks?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tropical Tone Thursdays
Today, I recommend the Beach theme that plays in Onion Ocean from Kirby's Return to Dreamland, a remix of Kine's theme from Kirby's Dreamland 2. It has Nintendo's trademark upbeat tones combined with admirable steel drums and other classic calypso elements that make this song worth the first two worlds waiting.
Here's a link to an extended version: Enjoy!

Waluigistic Fridays
    It really gets under my skin when people say that Nintendo doesn't make good products anymore and troll about it like fogey old 1990's grandpas. For this rant, I will focus mainly on defending the New Super Mario Bros. series and generation 5/6 Pokmon. I for one, think both of these live up to their predecessors and are some of my favorite games of all time. This brings us to my first piece of reasoning: They simply are great games; NSMBU, Super Mario 3D Land, and Pokmon Black/White 2 all got 9's on IGN and that's just one example of the positive reception both series continue to receive. The graphics alone are enough to impress, so are the vast innovations that have progressed through the years. Just think of the variety of new abilities and clever level designs Mario's experimented with across time. The new Pokmon are every bit as both powerful and adorable as before. In fact, that feeling of surprise and wonder is still there, and brings a smile to my face every time, waiting for a potential discovery around every corner. Yes, the series takes up a pretty good portion of my favorite games of all time. In fact, 3D Land is tied for #1, while the 2D platformers take up spots 5-3.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013 by Luigifan3DSGCN »

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• us 
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013 »
Anything I miss in that rant because I'm busy on Friday; however, I think I've got my point conveyed pretty well. Bonus points if you can guess where I got these names.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013 by Luigifan3DSGCN »

Offline AbsolPowers

• Back to the Classics, one final time!
  • I am about 300% done with you
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013 »
Psst, there is going to be Saturday posts on Nintendo news... starring someone you know. Just warning you.

Full Super Smash Bros. Signature album HERE Voila!

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• us 
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013 »
Psst, there is going to be Saturday posts on Nintendo news... starring someone you know. Just warning you.
Oh, is it bad? What is it? Who is it? Warnings are usually ominous things. Then again, I guess if it's news, it can't be that bad? Right?