Author Topic: Challenge #2 Discussion  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Sax

• Cotton Commander
  • Prankster at work
  • us 
Challenge #2 Discussion
« on: July 14, 2013 »
So we have to make a Mario Party...

I can handle some art so I just need some help with the creative part...

-Examples of minigames-----------------Maybe 30 minigames idk?
-Boards-------------------------------------I guess we just need a theme
-Spaces------------------------------------10-20 maybe...
-Rosters------------------------------------The traditionals plus maybe 2-3 newcomers
-Modes-------------------------------------This is probably the least important... we can do it last
-Hosts--------------------------------------THE SEASONS! If not we can fall back on Brighton and Twila
-Prizes--------------------------------------I guess kind of like the Star Bank and blah... That's not as important as well
-Story Mode-------------------------------Pretty low as well because this is a party game...
-Innovative Gamepad Use--------------Well we can have like a pass off idea passing around the gamepad for turns... I was thinking maybe gamepad
                                                         for orbs/items/traps the game pad could be like a hidden way to place those so they wouldnt show up on board
-Anything Else you can think of-------nope...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013 by Whimsicott »

Offline Timmy

• ~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
  • ca 
Re: Challenge #2 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013 »
I'm copy pasting this from my Word document I had for Mario Party Eclipse lol
Spoiler: Spaces Descriptions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Red Orbs Descriptions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blue Orbs Descriptions (click to show/hide)

Offline Timmy

• ca 
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013 »
Oh my god Summer chores for the lose. Didn't have much time to work on this b/c of them...
So instead of doing Day & Night, we're doing Seasons, and there's 4 boards based on each season. That also means Brighton/Twila Orbs are gone, and that Orb prices will be the ones listed.

I have the Orbs done, and I'll post the Spaces and the effects tomorrow morning. Also, there's seasonal spaces, and 2 spaces are exclusive to each board. :P

Spoiler: Green Orb Images (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yellow Orb Images (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Red Orb Images (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blue Orb Images (click to show/hide)

Offline Timmy

• ca 
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013 »
Spoiler: Spaces (click to show/hide)
Main Spaces are on the left, seasonal spaces on the right. Bubbles and Fireworks are now seasonal spaces for the summer themed board.

Main Spaces
1st Row: Blue, Red, Happening
2nd row: Miracle, Orb, Star (the latter 2 do NOT count against your roll)
3rd row: DK, Bowser, Duel

Winter Spaces
Snowflake Space: Landing on this space causes a harsh blizzard for a few turns and makes your rivals lose a few coins at the start of each turn. Landing on this again during the blizzard cancels it. Appears somewhat uncommonly.

Candy Cane Space: Landing on this will yank the Star Space to you and another person of your choice! After that, the Star moves to a new space like usual. Appears very uncommonly.

Spring Spaces
Flower Space: Next turn, you will get 3 coins for each space you pass! Appears uncommonly.

Bunny Space: The bunny will bring you a basket of goodies! Gives you coins, orbs and other pleasant surprises! Appears uncommonly.

Summer Spaces
Bubble Space: Triggers a mini-game where payouts are doubled. Appears commonly.

Fireworks: Triggers a mini-game where the loser has to pay the winners an equal amount of coins. Appears commonly.

Autumn Spaces
Leaf Space: Allows you to fly to ANY Space on the board. You can choose if the effects of the Space you fly to activate or not. Appears rarely.

Pumpkin Space: The mystical Pumpkin has a bunch of leaves covering the Spaces for a few turns... You won't know what some of the Spaces are until you land on them and they can change each time someone lands on it. Appears uncommonly.

Offline Timmy

• ca 
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013 »
Spoiler: Character Roster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Board Names (click to show/hide)