Author Topic: Team Challenge #2 - Create a Mario Party  (Read 18486 times)

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
Re: Team Challenge #2 - Create a Mario Party
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013 »
Purple didn't even make those spaces yet gotten a perfect score for them...
They EVEN took them from 3rd party. Some didn't even make spaces, just description. I don't see how that's 5/5. At most it should be 4/5

I never said you got marked for creating spaces. I like the space ideas.

Ahem, last I remember, this say Create a Mario Party therefore creating spaces are the point of the event. Show off the spaces. Also, this is graded based on the rubric not what you like. If it's what you like, then it shows no purpose for creativity since it has to be placed on your plate and must taste good in your mouth. I don't find that fair in grading and statistics

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013 »
But on that note Purple's space variety isn't too special, simply adding Rainbow and Citrus (which I feel the latter rips of Fresh Space).

Lol many things remain contenscious regardless :p

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013 »
Yes creativity is essential. Only adding virtually 2 spaces isn't really creating something new. It's basically the same schematics of MP just altered by approximately 10%. And no tea no shade, your brother winning challenges back to back causes some controversy for some of the other members since you know him, you have a better chance of liking what he does.

They EVEN took them from 3rd party. Some didn't even make spaces, just description. I don't see how that's 5/5. At most it should be 4/5

I never said you got marked for creating spaces. I like the space ideas.

You liking it will justify my statement pertaining to your brother. Once again no tea no shade

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013 »
If this is "Create a Mario Party" contest, it should be based off of creativity/originality itself, not something you like that gives it that bonus (like Kooplings/etc.). If so, if I was in this, all I'd do was basically create things you like so I'd win.

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013 »
Also, IT'S VERY OBVIOUS your brother knows you like Koopalings so to make something around the Koopalings make Delightful Dreamworld smell fishy

• au 
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013 »
Let's do a 'semi objective' review of the categories each team was meant to cover shall we?

Feel free to bash me lol.

N.B. this is not an official endorsement or anything.

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline AbsolPowers

• Back to the Classics, one final time!
  • I am about 300% done with you
  • us 
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013 »

I personally made the three "new" spaces (Character, Citrus, and Rainbow) to be brand new. When you said third party, I wasn't sure if your talking about MPI or Mario Party 3, but neither of those "games" have matching spaces to out ideas. The Character Space was based off of me wanting the character emblems to have more appearances in the game, the Citrus Space was based on most Citrus's being "sour then sweet," and the Rainbow space was because there were a variety of outcomes. If I DID copy an idea (which of what I could find, I haven't), my subconscious must've derped.

Also... I'm agreeing with most everyone else saying that the Yellow teams was based on bias. I mean, personally, the Pink Team should've gotten second (or first, I am utterly AMAZED we got first) because of their innovative ways to use the GamePad, creativity, and really actually made me excited for this as an ACTUAL game. The Yellow team BARELY had any new ideas... really just new maps and new characters. I won't count minigames in this, as I did like MOST of their minigames. Their "innovative way" to use the GamePad, was totally lacking, one of the key things to make a Mario Party on the Wii U. For instance, me and LF used it for an entire mode to make 5 players be able to play at once, but also used it for 1 v. 3 games and so on. I saw LOTS of great ideas that were much better than Yellow getting an 8, matching out score, in the "other" feature. If the the. Being honest, anyone who knew what this was about can tell that it was biased over. Except for us... if people are implying that, lol. Both me and LF are pretty much newbies, gosh I hope we didn't win for something other than our creativity.

Personally, I believe the Pink team should've won. That's right. NOT ME. I mean, come on! I said it once, and I'll say it again! I actually want to play the Pink Teams game. The only reason I think we won was because of how far our creativity led us to and how deep we delved into the game. Creating prices for items, bonus stars, interactive pieces with boards, a creative story hinting at the real world... Perhaps it was the little things.

Finally, you know I'm not being a bad sport... 'cause, well... (oh, gosh, I'm not gonna rub it in, but I'll say I didn't lose.)

Full Super Smash Bros. Signature album HERE Voila!

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013 »
Feel free to bash me lol.
Bash you? We still won for Goomba's sake!
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• us 
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013 »
Whaaaaaaaat, but you're right; we both are unexperienced and creative.
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

• au 
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2013 »
The only reason I think we won was because of how far our creativity led us to and how deep we delved into the game. Creating prices for items, bonus stars, interactive pieces with boards, a creative story hinting at the real world... Perhaps it was the little things.

That's the thing that really matters in the end and this is what you did spectacularly :p Like in my assessment I felt all in all it was a solid effort and the core mechanics of the game were all thoroughly addressed (unlike Pink which is where we lost points). Not to mention that zeal is one manifestation of dedication and teamwork and everything. :p

Marth is not amused.

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• us 
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2013 »
Awww..Thanks.

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2013 »
That is very bias. I don't even see how they won. Favortism to the maximum
DB is saying it.

I know you're host and all and I can't see other teams boards but still, I'd like to see a challenge that can be judged by how it is submitted and done 100%.
At least our team got 250 instead of 200...

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2013 »
Let's drop it now.