Author Topic: Team Challenge #1 - Distorted Images  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Brookelas

Team Challenge #1 - Distorted Images
« on: July 07, 2013 »
WEEK 1 - DISTORTED IMAGES

Your week 1 challenge is here! Distorted Images! Many of you guys know of popular characters, items, locations, logos and more in the Mario series, however, it is time to put your knowledge of them to the test with DISTORTED IMAGES! Each day will have a theme... and you will have to guess what each image is. Points will be handed out based on how many you get right (Not time to start competing against other teams yet :P). The number of points depends on the difficulty of that day's theme.

Please submit all work before 7:30 AM PST IN YOUR FINAL ANSWERS TOPIC IN YOUR TEAM BOARD, as that is when the next day's questions go up! Good luck!

JULY 7 - Characters (10 points each)

IMAGE 1

IMAGE 2

IMAGE 3

IMAGE 4

IMAGE 5
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013 by Brookelas »

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
Re: Team Challenge #1 - Distorted Images
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013 »
Do we post here or in our boards?

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013 »
Do we post here or in our boards?

Oh gosh, in your boards! The only problem is, PURPLE TEAM, for SOME REASON I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR BOARDS ATM, I will hopefully tommorow, so can you make your own Final Answers board please?

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013 »
UPDATE: As the games were originally supposed to start at 9 PM PST last night, but there was an issue with the team boards, we had to postpone it to this morning. All teams have submitted their answers except for one team, and if they do, the second set of distorted images will come at 9 PM PST tonight (Midnight EST). Good luck to all teams!

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013 »
Congratulations! All teams get 50 points for yesterday's contest. (Check out the Scoring Master List post to see a more detailed scorecard)

As you all got them right, I don't need to show this, but I will anyways

ANSWERS TO JULY 7

Now for today's images. Once again, all answers MUST be submitted on your FINAL ANSWERS topic in your team board by 9 PM PST (Midnight EST)

JULY 8 - Mario Party Boards (20 points each)

IMAGE 1

IMAGE 2

IMAGE 3

IMAGE 4

IMAGE 5

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013 »
Well, after Day 1 being that everyone got 100%, it seemed like Day 2, we tricked someone. All the teams got 100 points, except for ONE. That one team is the blue team. To see how many points all teams have total, please check out the scorecard.

Blue Team, check out what you missed. (It isn't over yet, there is still 47 days before this whole competition ends!)

ANSWERS TO JULY 8
]

Now for today's images. Once again, all answers MUST be submitted on your FINAL ANSWERS topic in your team board by 9 PM PST (Midnight EST)

JULY 9 - Mario Game Logos (25 points each)

IMAGE 1

IMAGE 2

IMAGE 3

IMAGE 4

IMAGE 5

P.S. Don't forget to check out the individual challenge to try and score more points!!! Also, today's images are a lot harder than before... so 25 points each! Hopefully I won't be handing out points to easily anymore :P

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013 »
This time, we seemed to trick a lot of the teams with Number 1. HOWEVER, three teams got it right... the answer: SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE! Yellow and Purple Team put the wrong answer. To see how many points all teams have total, please check out the scorecard.

Here are the answers in a nutshell:

ANSWERS TO JULY 9

Now for today's images. I wanted to trick a lot of people yesterday, and it didn't happen. So, let's do logos again. I am sure to trick a few more people this time around ;) Once again, all answers MUST be submitted on your FINAL ANSWERS topic in your team board by 9 PM PST (Midnight EST)

JULY 10 - Mario Game Logos ROUND TWO (25 points each)

IMAGE 1

IMAGE 2

IMAGE 3

IMAGE 4

IMAGE 5

P.S. Once again, don't forget to check out the individual challenge to try and score more points!!! Good luck with today's distorted images!

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013 »
I can't fool you guys, can I? 125 points to all teams!

Answers:

ANSWERS TO JULY 10

Well, today, we are doing something new. I made the images SMALL to make it harder as well ;) Once again, all answers MUST be submitted on your FINAL ANSWERS topic in your team board by 9 PM PST (Midnight EST)

JULY 11 - POWER UPS (15 points each)

IMAGE 1

IMAGE 2

IMAGE 3

IMAGE 4

IMAGE 5

Mweeheehee!I hope I can trick everyone!

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013 »
Well... I got the purple team... TWICE!! And... the rest of you... all correct!

Check out whatcha missed Purple Team...

ANSWERS TO JULY 11

Anyways, happy Friday! I though instead of goin hard on y'all, I will make it easy on you today! Images are small like yesterday though, as there needs to be SOME challenge! Once again, all answers MUST be submitted on your FINAL ANSWERS topic in your team board by 9 PM PST (Midnight EST)

JULY 12 - MARIO KART 7 VEHICLE PARTS (10 points each)

IMAGE 1

IMAGE 2

IMAGE 3

IMAGE 4

IMAGE 5

Well, I will give you one hint. Number 4 is definitely not the obvious choice ;) And the answers can be a vehicle body, wheels or glider. Good luck!

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013 »
FINAL DAY OF DISTORTED IMAGES! YAY! Well, at least it is for one team a yay. Purple Team, I hate to say it, but you missed 2 questions.

Here are the answers!

ANSWERS TO JULY 12

Final Day! Have any of you guys thought... where am I going with these categories? Probably not... but I was going somewhere. It all comes down to this day. I have for you... not five images... but ONE IMAGE with 5 things hidden in it. You must identify the character, the power up, the MK7 vehicle part, the logo and the board all in this one image. There is one of each of those things.
Once again, all answers MUST be submitted on your FINAL ANSWERS topic in your team board by 9 PM PST (Midnight EST)

JULY 13 - PUT IT ALL TOGETHER IN ONE IMAGE! (25 points each)

IDENTIFY THE FOLLOWING IN THE IMAGE:
-The Board it takes place on
-The character hidden in the picture
-The power up hidden in the picture
-The Mario game logo hidden in the picture
-The MK7 vehicle part hidden in the picture

HINT: The answers for this are new... meaning that if they were answers before... they are FOR SURE NOT answers here...

Each is worth 25 points!

So, good luck with this one! I hope I got someone this time...

TOMORROW IS SUNDAY... meaning that a new challenge comes up. I will post the results for today here, as well as the answers. Then, on this topic I will also post a cumulative points review for this entire challenge (ALL WEEK). Then, make sure to check out the Delightful Dreamworld board for the next team challenge! The competitions ONLY JUST STARTED!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013 by Brookelas »

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013 »
Well, this is it! It has come down to this... the final results of the FIRST TEAM CHALLENGE. First, let's start with yesterday's results. Blue Team and Purple Team: You both lost 25 points on the character. Everyone else: 100%.

For the final time for Distorted Images, answers!

ANSWERS TO JULY 13

Now... IT IS TIME... TO REVEAL... THE FINAL RESULTS... FOR THE WEEK 1 TEAM CHALLENGE...

Distorted Images - FINAL RESULTS

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wish you all the best of luck in the remainder of this competition! Remember, it is only the beginning, and it is super close in the points. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!