Author Topic: Week 1 Individual Challenge - Character Hybrids  (Read 5451 times)

Offline Brookelas

Re: Week 1 Individual Challenge - Character Hybrids
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013 »
I think Blue Toad was actually better than Lucas. Lucas have a complete white background compared to Blue Toads

NVM

Blue Toad cheating ass didn't even make that. Blue Toad should be disqualified, he didn't even make that picture

Yeah, it was seriously so close... I just couldn't believe Blue Toad's was actually hand drawn or anything, which was OK, there was nothing in the criteria saying it HAD TO BE HAND DRAWN, but it came down to I liked the idea of E Gadd and Polterguist mixed rather than Yoshi and Koopa. And the paragraph was more descriptive.

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013 »
I think Blue Toad was actually better than Lucas. Lucas have a complete white background compared to Blue Toads

NVM

Blue Toad cheating ass didn't even make that. Blue Toad should be disqualified, he didn't even make that picture

Yeah, it was seriously so close... I just couldn't believe Blue Toad's was actually hand drawn or anything, which was OK, there was nothing in the criteria saying it HAD TO BE HAND DRAWN, but it came down to I liked the idea of E Gadd and Polterguist mixed rather than Yoshi and Koopa. And the paragraph was more descriptive.

Blue Toad didn't create nor edit that picture. He took it from an image-hosting site

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013 »
Whimsicot broke the rules! You said TWO characters from the Mario series and he used one from another game(Pikmin). Plus I consider my entry a legit hybrid due to the backstory and changes like the dress, spots, and included mirror.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013 by Luigifan3DSGCN »
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013 »
Looks like there seems to be quite a bit of controversy in this challenge... oh boy ._.

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013 »
Sax (Whimsicott) is a he. :P

I was wondering, will there be bonuses in the rest of the competitions or will it just be the competitions?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013 by The Lost Luma »

Offline Sax

• Cotton Commander
  • Prankster at work
  • us 
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013 »
Whimsicot broke the rules! You said TWO characters from the Mario series and he used one from another game(Pikmin). Plus I consider my entry a legit hybrid due to the backstory and changes like the dress, spots, and included mirror.

I checked with him... Im not quite that stupid. I can show you the pm if you'd like, skeptic.

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013 »
OK. You guys are right. There are some things I did NOT see. Therefore, I am remarking the challenges.

1st Place - Lucas9147
2nd Place - LuigiFan3DSGCN (Reason for Change: I didn't see the Berlinda, but now that you pointed it out)
3rd Place - The Shattered Legacy
4th Place - Whimsicott
5th Place - Blue Toad (Reason for Change: I am sorry, but Dark Boo is right.)

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013 »
I think Luigifan should've won. She have no white background in there compared to Lucas...

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013 »
I think Luigifan should've won. She have no white background in there compared to Lucas...

Yes, but this was not ALL art. It was also the idea of hybrids, and who would be the coolest. Yes, art was a big part, but still.

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013 »

Yes, but this was not ALL art. It was also the idea of hybrids, and who would be the coolest. Yes, art was a big part, but still.

But then that's favortism

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013 »

NVM

Umm, excuse me, I DID make that picture and when it comes from my website, it IS my work.
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013 »
Just because it's uploaded onto your site doesn't mean it yours

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013 »
Just because it's uploaded onto your site doesn't mean it yours
Then I'll have to accept the fact that I lost. I have no idea what the rules said since this topic started.
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio