Author Topic: Week 1 Individual Challenge - Character Hybrids  (Read 5437 times)

Offline Brookelas

INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGE - CHARACTER HYBRIDS
[/u][/b]

Your first individual challenge is to create a CHARACTER HYBRID of TWO (no more) characters in the Mario series. You must work individually and NOT AS A TEAM (meaning you submit answers here, and more than one person from each team can submit a drawing). I will judge this event.

SCORING
FIRST PLACE - 30 points for your team
SECOND PLACE - 15 points for your team
THIRD PLACE - 10 points for your team
FOURTH PLACE AND BELOW - 5 points for your team

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS ON THIS POST BY FRIDAY AT 9 PM PST!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013 by Brookelas »

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
Re: Week 1 Individual Challenge - Character Hybrids
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013 »
I'm almost finished with mine and I just wanted to ask if there were any limits on a background in the drawing; is there?
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013 »
I'm almost finished with mine and I just wanted to ask if there were any limits on a background in the drawing; is there?

No limits. But some advice... especially if you don't feel like you did a great enough job... I understand not everyone is good at art. So, for some bonus points in scoring, you guys can write a description of your character hybrid to UP YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING!

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013 »
I am now done! This is my hybrid character: Across between Berlinda(Luigi's Mansion 2) and Minh T.(Paper Mario): Magnolia
She was an innocent Flower Girl back in the days before Bowser's invasion who would often visit Haunted Towers to water plants for the Three Sisters and their parents. She was very high-spirited and fun to be with, an embodiment of the innocence she lived in; and they grew to become great friends until Magnolia died weeks before the Mushroom Kingdom was first attacked with a last order pending for the Mario Brothers themselves.
    The idea for this character seemed natural because both loved flowers and I wanted to expand on the characters. Magnolia's basic design veers toward Minh T. with some alterations to make her look more like a believable legitimate love interest for Luigi if she was still alive, despite being a Toad(This is why I chose to cross her with aqua-loving Belinda; she even blows a kiss at him shortly before the fight).
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013 »
Anyone else interested in submitting? I am moving the deadline from Noon PST to 9 PM PST on Friday! That gives you 9 extra hours to work on these ;)

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013 »
My project is halfway complete, I'm going to work on the background the next time I wake up. :)
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013 »
23 HOUR WARNING!!

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013 »
Here's my vision, I'm not good with different characters. But here's my best work:

My hybrid's a Yoshi Troopa (across Yoshi and Koopa Troopa). The background's a desert on the island on which the creature likes the most.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013 by Blue Toad »
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013 »
Apologies for image size, uploading from iPad

Spoiler: Nabber Bro (click to show/hide)

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013 »
I cannot see the image, The Shattered Legacy.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013 »
Reupload here Brookelas:

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Sax

• Cotton Commander
  • Prankster at work
  • us 
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013 »
Hope you guys like

Offline Lucas9147

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013 »
Here is my hybrid... POLTERGADD

I chose to mix together these 2 characters because it is The Year of Luigi and they both made an appearance in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. This character is neutral, so it is good and bad. Just like Professor E. Gadd, he makes inventions. He still does, but he makes inventions to scare and haunt other people.

You may be curious on why I am wearing this green hat. I am proud to announce... the EAR OF UIGEE!

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013 »
Wow... I never realized judging people's work could be so hard. I used my pure marking elimination system, where I look at one part of the project, and eliminate the one that is least qualified.

Here is what I marked on:
5th Place: Are they hybrided?
4th Place: Written
3rd Place: Actual Drawing/Coloring
2nd Place: Decide on which is better.

Based on this...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I appreciate all your hard work. It was honestly a HARD choice for me to make, and the elimination system never fails me! If you have any questions about the judging, feel free to ask below! I marked honestly, though!

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013 »
I think Blue Toad was actually better than Lucas. Lucas have a complete white background compared to Blue Toads

NVM

Blue Toad cheating ass didn't even make that. Blue Toad should be disqualified, he didn't even make that picture