Author Topic: The Year of Luigi  (Read 6779 times)

Offline ChickenLegs

• This is the way the world ends...
  • Not with a bang but a whimper.
  • us 
The Year of Luigi
« on: May 06, 2013, 03:23:04 PM »
Do you think Nintendo has anything planned?  Maybe Luigi will rise up and kill Mario (JK...)  Any fan theories.  If you want to do joke theories, that is okay too. :-D
This has been another...pointless moment.

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
Re: The Year of Luigi
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 04:03:24 PM »
Well so far, we have New Super Luigi U under development, we have Mario & Luigi: Dream Team has multiple Luigis as playable known as Dream Luigi and we also have Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon released. Also, there is a bonus in Japan that a Nintendo 3DS XL with a Luigi themed print will be released as part of the event and include the digital version of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team preinstalled on the SD card on July 18.

The reason for that is the 30th anniversary of Luigi's debut in Mario Bros. back in 1983.
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio

Offline ChickenLegs

• This is the way the world ends...
  • Not with a bang but a whimper.
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 01:06:44 PM »
That's cool!  Hooray for him!
This has been another...pointless moment.

Offline Chalphy

• ca 
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 09:48:38 PM »
I think the Year of Luigi is pretty much finished with regards for actual game announcements. The only think I could imagine is a remake of Mario Bros. for the eShop, similar to the Four Swords remake on Zelda's 25th anniversary.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 04:24:28 AM »
I think the Year of Luigi is pretty much finished with regards for actual game announcements. The only think I could imagine is a remake of Mario Bros. for the eShop, similar to the Four Swords remake on Zelda's 25th anniversary.
You never know, they might announce more, so it's not over until Wednesday, January 1, 2014.

Also, this image. Can you name them all?

Spoiler: Don't Cheat! (click to show/hide)

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 04:44:10 AM »
1.Super Mario Bros.2 (Super Mario Advance version)
2.Mario Kart DS
3.Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
4.Super Mario 64 DS
5.Super Mario Bros.
6.New Super Mario Bros.2(Silver Luigi)
7.New Super Mario Bros. Wii
8.Super Mario Strikers
9.Super Smash Brothers
10.Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
11.Super Smash Brothers Brawl
12.Mario Party 9
13.New Super Luigi U
14.Super Mario World
15.Mario Kart: Super Circuit
16.Mario Hoops 3-on-3
17.Luigi's Mansion
18.Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
19.Mario Kart 7
20.Mario Bros.(See, he was indeed a scaredy-cat from the begining!)
21.Super Mario 3D Land
22.Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
23.New Super Mario Bros. U
24.Mario Kart Wii
25.Super Paper Mario *gag*
26.Mario Kart Double Dash (I'm using that picture in my article)
27.Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
28.Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
29.Mario Party 2
30.New Super Mario Bros.

All with no cheating! I want my prize.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 06:02:35 AM by Luigifan3DSGCN »
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline AbsolPowers

• Back to the Classics, one final time!
  • I am about 300% done with you
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 07:30:28 AM »
While I do find it nice Luigi gets the spotlight in something, I kind of want YOSHI to be in the limelight, pun intended. I mean, who's more well known and played as? Luigi! Yoshi only has a fun game series (not counting SNES Yoshi's Island. Hello GORGEOUS) to call his own. Sure, he's playable in a bunch of spin-offs. But, it's just... "Yoshi's Island." At least in Luigi appears in the "Bros." part of the Mario Bros. and such. Yoshi... doesn't really get that much attention. Rumors have arisen that next year will be the Year of Yoshi. While I doubt it'll happen, it's nice to see fans still care about my little dino.

Luigi is pretty cool, too. I'm especially looking forward to him in SSB4 as while he seems to act the same, he's different all the same! His other games, like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and New Super Luigi U are great. I mean, THREE games (including Dream Team) all in one year? I hope Yoshi have that too. But not like "Oh, and Yoshi appears in the new MARIO and SONIC game (see what I did there, emphasized Mario and Sonic for a comedic jest on the absence of Yoshi) as a side character!" While Yarn Yoshi seems promising, Yoshi's New Island doesn't draw me into the series again. Maybe Yoshi will have new spinoff game?

Anyways, go Luigi! What an awesome dude!

Full Super Smash Bros. Signature album HERE Voila!

Offline Linator4

• I'm Back! :D
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 06:06:09 PM »
I wish they would have a Paper Luigi: The Marvelous Compass. But anyway I've notice that the Year Of Luigi .
Has had some Purple involved in it. For example King Boo's Crown & Eyes are purple and the Dark Moon is purple. Antasma is purple, the Dark Stone is purple, and Nighmares in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team are purple. I can see a lot of purple, Nabbit teamed up with Luigi in New Super Luigi U, and he's purple. See what I mean? Maybe Nintendo just wanted to put purple in the Year of Luigi. It's like Purple vs. Green in the Year of Luigi (except that Nabbit teamed up with Luigi in NSLU).

Plus I don't mean to get offtopic here but on RVLution they're making a Newer Super Luigi Wii. I'm a level designer. And Treeki is still working on tools.
I'm Back!

Offline E.Gadd

• "If I told anyone else, they'd have me committed!"
  • gb 
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 10:00:50 PM »
I wish they would have a Paper Luigi: The Marvelous Compass. But anyway I've notice that the Year Of Luigi .
Has had some Purple involved in it. For example King Boo's Crown & Eyes are purple and the Dark Moon is purple. Antasma is purple, the Dark Stone is purple, and Nighmares in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team are purple. I can see a lot of purple, Nabbit teamed up with Luigi in New Super Luigi U, and he's purple. See what I mean? Maybe Nintendo just wanted to put purple in the Year of Luigi. It's like Purple vs. Green in the Year of Luigi (except that Nabbit teamed up with Luigi in NSLU).

Plus I don't mean to get offtopic here but on RVLution they're making a Newer Super Luigi Wii. I'm a level designer. And Treeki is still working on tools.

Wait... Waluigi's color is purple too..... OMG

Year of Waluigi in 2014! :O

Offline Dreamy_Luigi

• Year of the Luigi!
  • Back with a vengeance.
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 12:25:17 PM »
Feels good to be back... I'm Wafflenator, but I just change my username.

Anyhow, 2015 will mark 30 years of Super Mario Brothers, so perhaps Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser will get a big anniversary...

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 10:45:18 PM »
Reggie has confirmed that The Year of Luigi will continue into 2014.

What new content that is Luigi-related do you expect to happen in the early months of 2014?

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 11:31:01 PM »
I'm thinking... It's just going to last until the point when they announced the Year. :P
Something like that.

Reminds me of the Chinese New Year, because they do something like that in Early January/Late February (everyone gets older that day for some reason...).

Still - you've still got a few months of awesomeness left in you, Luigi! Go out with a bang!
...which makes me wonder what they'll actually do with that time, actually.
 ???

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 11:46:35 PM »
I'm thinking... It's just going to last until the point when they announced the Year. :P
By that reckoning, the Year of Luigi will end on Thursday, February 13, 2014, as they announced it on Thursday, February 14, 2013.

And I think you mean late January/early February, Yoshiman. :P

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 01:14:03 AM »
I wrote something for the Year of Luigi at the top of my Christmas List in green colored pencil (That's how important it is); could this be the start of that thing three weeks early even though I wrote "memorabilia?" :D
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline Chalphy

• ca 
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 01:57:22 AM »
Technically, Mario Golf 3DS was announced as part of the Year of Luigi, so there is that for next year.