Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds  (Read 12365 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
« on: April 17, 2013, 09:26:25 AM »
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Announced at Nintendo Direct (Wednesday, April 17, 2013). New Zelda game for 3DS. With a new story, it takes place in the same world as The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Release: Friday, November 22, 2013.

More Info

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:44:31 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
Re: Legend of Zelda 3DS (Working Title)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 12:52:14 PM »
This looks good.
The Zelda series is getting bigger and bigger.

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 01:51:17 PM »
Ganondorf would be nice to have here as the main villain, or maybe even Girahim.

Offline Lord Vaati

• Better than Ganon in every way.
  • ca 
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 07:16:21 PM »
God, 2 Zelda games this year.

Looks fun, the 2D drawing mechanics look a little gimmicky, but so did Minish  Cap's shrinking system.
No more sig.... awwwww....

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 07:22:19 PM »
Jinx it's position in the timeline kinda rules Ghirahim out...

The 13-minute dungeon preview was awesome (tho the guy's dungeon technique could have been a little better) and those damn smiley face block things are actually helpful now rather than always blocking your way.

The self regenerating magic meter is... Interesting. Maybe because of the power of the Triforce following LTTP?

I agree with Vaati about the gimmicky 2D drawing wall climb thing, but it's shown to be a good dungeon mechanic so I think it'll be kept.

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »
Wow, this looks like a Zelda game worth getting. My older brother's favorite Zelda game is a Link to the Past. It was a great Zelda game. The little dungeon wall climbing thing is unique to the series as far as I know. I'd like to see Ganondorf return as antagonist again, it looks like he will be but it depends on the Timeline. 
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline E.Gadd

• "If I told anyone else, they'd have me committed!"
  • gb 
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 04:50:55 PM »
I have been waiting for them to return to this style Zelda game! YESSSSS!

Also, this "Drawing Link" mechanic reminds me of past ridiculed rumors of a Paper Zelda game, those guys are sorta redeemed I guess. ;p

Offline Super Mario Party

• Partying with Mario & Co. 24/7
  • Mario Party!
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »
I hope Ganondorf is in this game. I feel like he hasn't gotten a true handheld appearance yet and the latest non-remake main appearance he had in a Zelda game was TP back in 2006! He really needs to appear in a new game very soon!

Offline I'm Batman

• I am one with the Bat
  • au 
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 03:43:34 PM »
I hope Ganondorf is in this game. I feel like he hasn't gotten a true handheld appearance yet and the latest non-remake main appearance he had in a Zelda game was TP back in 2006! He really needs to appear in a new game very soon!

That's because of the Timeline. PH and ST were set in the Adult Timeline (were Ganondorf is dead) and SS was set before he was living. However it is possible for Ganon to be in this seeing as this will be set in the Downfall Timeline where Ganon is sealed in the Sacred Realm. So it is possible for Ganon to appear. He might not be Ganondorf though seeing as he might still have the Triforce
"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever." ―Joker
  Thanks eboyblue3

Offline Super Mario Party

• Partying with Mario & Co. 24/7
  • Mario Party!
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 04:54:47 PM »

That's because of the Timeline. PH and ST were set in the Adult Timeline (were Ganondorf is dead) and SS was set before he was living. However it is possible for Ganon to be in this seeing as this will be set in the Downfall Timeline where Ganon is sealed in the Sacred Realm. So it is possible for Ganon to appear. He might not be Ganondorf though seeing as he might still have the Triforce
Yeah, it makes sense that Ganondorf hasn't appeared in recent Zelda games due to their timeline placement. That's why it's about time for him to make a reappearance in Zelda 3DS. Would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. He'd be reappearing after a while and have his first true handheld appearance, right?

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 12:47:16 PM »
So rumors appeared for this game. Here are the rumors:

Quote from: Legend of Zelda.net
1. The game, while set in the world of A Link to the Past, does not take place right after the events of its predecessor Some time has passed since Ganon's defeat in the Dark World. Hyrule is in a period of rebuilding and prominence when a new threat rises.
2. The villain is not Ganondorf or Vaati. There an entirely new foe to the series.
3. At this time the game is much more in depth than the past couple of handheld Zelda titles. There are at least 6 dungeons to overcome. Link will not be returning to any of the dungeons like the developers played with in Skyward Sword. The game is more traditional with the Zelda formula.
4. Unlike its predecessor, there will be some focus on the franchise's races via towns and etc. No details were provided on where their homes would be or how they would be situated. This may be interesting to see since the game is set in the same overworld as A Link to the Past.
5. The Dark World exists, but not in the same manner. Link's wish at the end of the first game changed the world. The Dark World we will see is a similar albeit new form. It was returned to the Golden Land for a brief period. Evil beings still searched for it to acquire the Triforce.
6. Link is cursed, which is how he learns the weird abilities we saw in the reveal trailer.
7. Zelda plays a limited role. Nothing like what we saw in Spirit Tracks.
8. The game has some kind of multi-player.
So there might be at least six dungeons to go through, and none of those will make you return to them after completing them once. Would be nice if it was, but I'm not paying any attention to it just yet.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 11:31:25 AM »
Update: Aonuma confirmed that this game will run at 60 frames per second, even with the 3D effect being on.

Quote from: Aonuma
The game runs at 60FPS, while all the 3D games up till now have run at 30FPS. The faster the framerate, the more stable the 3D effect, so 60FPS is a big deal. There are players who don't like 3D and always keep it switched off, so there's nothing in the game that absolutely requires 3D, like puzzles that can't be solved without it.
The actual source comes from the latest edition magazine from EDGE (Issue #255).

Source

That's great news to hear. Glad to see Aonuma putting a lot of effort into this Zelda title.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 03:43:41 PM »
...I'm just wondering how a new villain can be justified when the whole Downfall timeline is effectively hijacked by Ganon. :p (rumor noted)

Just a bit of speculation, it would be funny if that bunny curse that Link got when hit by ?Wizzrobes makes a return but becomes useful for once. :p

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 01:34:09 AM »
Name changed to The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and a new E3 2013 trailer!

Spoiler: E3 2013 Trailer (click to show/hide)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 09:12:47 AM »