Author Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D  (Read 10788 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013 »
Update: According to this page, you will need two 3DS systems and two game cards in order to play download play for local play. A bit of a shame, sadly. But I don't ever see myself doing download play for this game at all, unless I somehow stumble another who does, if I do get the game, of course.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013 »
Update: GameXplain discussion video:

Also, if you plan to buy this game digitally, watch out. It will take up 17,693 blocks of space.

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013 »
Update: GameXplain discussion video:

Also, if you plan to buy this game digitally, watch out. It will take up 17,693 blocks of space.

Wow, 17,693 blocks of space is way too much for me. I currently have like 600 blocks available on my 3DS. If I were to get this game, It'd be a physical copy, no exceptions. I'm not really fond of digital copies anyways.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013 »
New trailer:

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013 »
VIP, if you're going to be posting multiple pictures and videos in multiple topics, please put them under spoiler tags; It slows my computer down to s***. Not all of us are blessed with good computers. :P

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2013 »
VIP, if you're going to be posting multiple pictures and videos in multiple topics, please put them under spoiler tags; It slows my computer down to s***. Not all of us are blessed with good computers. :P
My apologies. I'll do that from now on. Though it's sometimes weird to see an empty post when you first look at it.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2013 »
Anyone intending to get this?

Also, it seems that 17,668 blocks will take place, according to GameXplain. Not sure if that number or 17,693 blocks.

EDIT: Level 1-1 Video:

Spoiler: Jungle Hijinxs Video (click to show/hide)

EDIT 2: Bunch of more videos:

Spoiler: Cannon Cluster Video (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gameplay Videos (click to show/hide)

The price for this game from the Nintendo 3DS eShop is listed as $35.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013 by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2013 »
Update: TV Commercial:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2013 »
Update Again: Nintendo Going Bananas at the Los Angeles Zoo

Quote from: Press Release
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- To celebrate the launch of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D for Nintendo 3DS on May 24, Nintendo is partnering with the Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens on Memorial Day weekend (May 24-27) to host an event on the L.A. Zoo grounds. The four-day event will feature fun activities for all members of the family, including an interactive experience at the Campo Gorilla Reserve, various demo stations where attendees can play the Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D game and coupon giveaways for $5 off the game at participating GameStop retail stores. For the weekend, the gorilla area will be temporarily renamed the Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D at Campo Gorilla Reserve.

Fans will get a chance to spend time with Donkey Kong and some of his friends from the animal kingdom at the L.A. Zoo this Memorial Day weekend, said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of Americas executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. Theyll be able to experience a fun day with Nintendo at the zoo and play Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

One of the weekends main events, a Donkey Kong Interactive Experience, allows visitors to watch L.A. Zoo staff feed the real-life gorillas from giant cardboard barrels that are inspired by the barrels featured in the video game. This friendly, educational activity is a one-of-a-kind experience for families and a treat for the gorillas. In addition to the feeding, there will be opportunities for fans to take pictures with the costumed Donkey Kong character around the zoo.

Our gorillas have never had a visit from a celebrity of Donkey Kongs stature, said John R. Lewis, director of the Los Angeles Zoo. All the planned activities for the weekend fit perfectly in line with the family-friendly environment of the zoo, as well as bring awareness to the animals in the gorilla reserve.

The original Donkey Kong Country Returns game has been rebuilt from the ground up for ease-of-play on Nintendo 3DS. Players control iconic character Donkey Kong as he runs, jumps, blasts, rides and pounds his way through a series of beautiful, challenging, side-scrolling levels. The upcoming game is optimized for portable play and features a new mode, eight additional levels and stunning 3D graphics.

The Los Angeles Zoo is located at 5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA, 90027. The event will run May 24-27.

For more information about Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, visit http://donkeykong.nintendo.com/.
So Nintendo is partnering up with the Los Angeles Zoo to celebrate the launch of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. Anyone going to the Los Angeles Zoo for this event on Memorial Day weekend?

Video review plus new trailer!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013 by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2013 »
Update: Pre-order this game from Best Buy and get a free downloadable code for Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels!

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2013 »
Update: Pre-order this game from Best Buy and get a free downloadable code for Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels!
...it is now worth the purchase...

...oh wait, never-mind, I already got that on the Wii VC. :P

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2013 »
Japanese website now open:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/aytj/index.html

Also, an event from Nintendo World is also coming from that game:

Just an update.
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2013 »
Surprise!

Nintendo 3DS - Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Surprise

Game is also released tomorrow!

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2013 »
lol -I just couldn't believe that Nintendo did one of those things.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2013 »
Who ended up buying the game? If you already played the Wii version, was this rerelease any better or worth it?