Author Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D  (Read 10787 times)

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
Re: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013 »
I think they are doing a remake to compete with the Vita since Sony platforms are compatible with each other.

Nintendo did it wrong though.

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013 »
The brighter colors look better on the Wii imo. The darker colors of the 3DS just do not seem right to me. The KONG letters just seem dead on the 3DS.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013 »
Apparently, Monster Games is developing Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

Offline Gengar

• is a real life Gengar.
  • Gengar > Boos
  • gb 
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013 »
Saw this over on MPF. :P

But I really thought Retro would be developing this game, like they did with the Wii one.
     gifs

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013 »
Release date announced! Donkey Kong Returns 3D will be out in both North America and Europe on Friday, May 24, 2013!

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013 »
Update: Australian release date announced. Coming a day later - Saturday, May 25, 2013.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013 »
Update: Box-Art (from Amazon):

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Box-Art

Also from Amazon, they're selling this game for $34.99, $5 less than other retailers like GameStop and Best Buy.

Offline Super Mario Gamer(95)

• Playing Mario Since (1995)
  • Now your playing with Power, Super Power!!
  • us 
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013 »
This was my favorite Game on Wii but still doesnt beat Donkey Kong Country 2 but now i get to play DKCR on the go, i didnt like the DKCs on gameboy advance for some odd reason but i love this game.
Nintendo Gamer since (1995) and grew up playing game's over the years such as
 Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros 64, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Wii & More!  and own Nintendo Systems SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U & soon NES.

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013 »
Too early. Why bother when you already have the Wii version :(

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013 »
not really interested in this or the Wii version. I personally miss King K Rool and the Kremling Crew but they vanished since Mario Super Sluggers back in 2008.

Update: Box-Art (from Amazon):

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Box-Art

Also from Amazon, they're selling this game for $34.99, $5 less than other retailers like GameStop and Best Buy.

Intriguing price there. I dislike the box art as it is obviously the Wii Box art with"3D" added in the title. It honestly looks rushed to me because of it. They should of made a box art at least.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013 »
Quote from: European Press Release
    Go ape with the swingin king of the jungle! Donkey Kong and his simian sidekick Diddy Kong are back for more action-packed platforming antics in Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, an enhanced version of Wii adventure Donkey Kong Country Returns, only on Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL!

Jump, race and roll your way across Donkey Kong Island on a quest to rescue DKs beloved banana hoard from the trouble-causing Tiki Tak Tribe. Stomp on enemies, grab banana bunches and ride rockets, rhinos and much more in classic 2D platforming gameplay, stuffed full of spectacular scenes and tricky traps. Use both characters special skills to overcome all kinds of obstacles and explore each stage to the full hop Diddy onto DKs shoulders and use his Barrel Jet to hover them both over large gaps, or roll to your hearts content and trample everything in your path.

Keep em peeled for collectibles as you tear through the jungle, across beaches and beyond. Grab the letters that spell out K-O-N-G and nab puzzle pieces hidden in each stage to unlock extra content, like super-tough Trophy levels. Unlock and conquer every one of these special stages and a brand new surprise awaits!

Take on the whole game together as the terrific twosome, DK and Diddy, by teaming up with a friend in Local Play. Pelt opponents with Diddys Peanut Popgun and hover using his Barrel Jet, or slam bad guys into submission with Donkey Kongs Ground Pound. The big guy can even do a Barrel Roll!

You can play the adventure exactly as you remember it in Original mode, but if the chimpy challenge gets the better of you, help is at hand. New mode makes the going just a little easier, giving Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong three hearts each instead of the usual two, letting them Kong-a for longer! Spend your hard-earned Banana Coins on helpful items from Cranky Kongs shop, and pick up new items that help save you from falls, allow the Mine Cart and Rocket Barrel to take a second hit, and even let you use a DK Barrel whenever you like.

Join Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and the rest of the gang in a classic 2D platformer, now playable on-the-go!

Discover brand new content created just for Nintendo 3DS

Play the whole adventure with a nearby pal in Local Play!
Source

I wasn't expecting this port to get more content, but it actually did. There's Easy Mode, which seems a bit easier now that you can take up to three hits instead of the usual two. Local Play is also supported, too. But sadly, no online co-op. Oh well. There's also going to be more surprises at the end, and even new items, too. Finally, there will be more content for you to discover.

Hmm, I'm still not sold on this game, so I might pass it up. I don't really see myself getting this game. If I do as a gift, then I guess I'll have it as a treat for the heck of it.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2013 »
Update: New Screens!

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2013 »
It sounds cool that they're adding new content to the game. Can't be all bad, right? Unfortunately, I'm still not too interested in the game my self. Do they have intentions on releasing DLC since its a platformer?
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013 »
It sounds cool that they're adding new content to the game. Can't be all bad, right? Unfortunately, I'm still not too interested in the game my self. Do they have intentions on releasing DLC since its a platformer?
No, it doesn't look like it. There's no Nintendo Network logo on the box-art, at least according to Amazon.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Guidebook

• Labeled maps for all levels
  • Locations revealed for each hidden item
  • Tips on how to defeat each enemy in the game
  • Details on how to unlock all the secrets
  • Paperback: 192 pages

You can buy it from Amazon here.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013 »
New Gameplay Trailer!

More levels confirmed! Still out on Friday, May 24, 2013.

EDIT: Japanese Box-Art:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Japanese Box-Art
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013 by Vipsoccermaster »