Poll

What grade would you give M & L: Dream Team?

A
B
C
D
F

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team  (Read 25187 times)

Offline RareAddict

• Want Midna Back
Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013 »
This announcement made my day. While it only includes three games (excluding this one), Mario and Luigi is easily my favorite of the various Mario spinoff series'. As far as the premise is concerned, I'm glad that they're continuing to shake things up, much like they did with Bowser's Inside Story.

Offline MrGreen9

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013 »
This announcement made my day. While it only includes three games (excluding this one), Mario and Luigi is easily my favorite of the various Mario spinoff series'. As far as the premise is concerned, I'm glad that they're continuing to shake things up, much like they did with Bowser's Inside Story.
Same, this announcement was easily the highlight of the whole Nintendo Direct for me!
I am Fred Jones.

Offline I'm Batman

• I am one with the Bat
  • au 
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013 »
Dream Team? It sounds interesting. It kinda reminds me of Bowser's Inside Story except instead of being inside Bowser, Mario is inside Luigi's dreams. I think it could be really cool. I wonder why Mario has to go into Luigi's dreams though? Maybe Bowser is in Luigi's dreams and is haunting Luigi? I'm really curious as to why Mario goes into Luigi's dreams
"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever." ―Joker
  Thanks eboyblue3

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013 »

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013 »
Discussion video by GameXplain:

Offline Ryoux0

• Your Worst Nightmare
  • Guess who's back!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013 »
Wow those graphics are amazing. Huge step up from Bowser's Inside Story. I can't wait to see more.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013 »

Coming to Europe on Friday, July 12, 2013!

Coming to North America on Sunday, August 11, 2013!

EDIT: Coming to Japan on Thursday, July 18, 2013!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013 by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013 »
This game seems interesting. The music better be great. Dark Bowser's theme from BiS was amazing

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013 »
Wow, very interesting. I like the emphasis in Luigi in this game. Seems like this game will have an interesting plot for sure. Characters from Bowser's Inside Story are returning too, not to mention the graphics are very different. I am so getting this addition of the series since I have the rest of them.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Dreamy_Luigi

• Year of the Luigi!
  • Back with a vengeance.
  • us 
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013 »
I love the looks of this game.

I assume the 3D sections are the battle areas.

Offline MarioComix

• ca 
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013 »
It's great to see Monsieur Broque returning, as well as Peach being sucked into the Dream World instead of being kidnapped! Looks great.
Custom boards now available for download: King Boo Carnival, Daisy's Garden, Rosalina's Cosmic Icecap (MP3), and Peach's Birthday Cake (MP3)!

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013 »
It's great to see Monsieur Broque returning, as well as Peach being sucked into the Dream World instead of being kidnapped! Looks great.
...nah, she's kidnapped again.
Something inside Luigi's Dream kidnapped her (could it possibly be Luigi?!? :P).

Being serious again, I'm glad that Luigi still follows Mario around inside of his dreams, so there won't be a level difference between them when Mario enters the Dream World.
I also see loads of characters coming from the M&L games, including those block guys.
Also - doesn't Monsieur Broque dislike the Mario Bros.?
...well, maybe dislike isn't the word to use, but he does shoo them off when you try to visit his shop as them in BiS...

EDIT - Hold up a second... I just realized something - Toadsworth is in this video. Wasn't the last game you saw him in released years ago?
In BiS if I do recall. Do you think Nintendo is finally bringing back those forgotten?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013 by Yoshiman222 »

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013 »
...nah, she's kidnapped again.
Something inside Luigi's Dream kidnapped her (could it possibly be Luigi?!? :P).

Lol.

Why, we haven't seen Toadsworth since the last Mario and Luigi game. Assuming it's Luigi's dream, any antagonist from the Mario series could have kidnapped her. I'd like to see Cackletta or even Fawful return as a result of Luigi's dream. They could use the plot to return dozens of characters in Luigi's dream. They could use it for humor as well, like where Mario walks into a room where Luigi is dating Daisy.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline E.Gadd

• "If I told anyone else, they'd have me committed!"
  • gb 
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013 »
EDIT - Hold up a second... I just realized something - Toadsworth is in this video. Wasn't the last game you saw him in released years ago?
In BiS if I do recall. Do you think Nintendo is finally bringing back those forgotten?

I'm not so sure it's Nintendo who's behind it, especially after that Iwata Asks featuring Sticker Star where they purposely limited what could be referenced so as not to "alienate" new gamers.

I think that's probably more on Alpha Dream really being cognizant of their Mario History(several members worked on the original SMRPG for SNES) as well as paying attention to their own M&L continuity.(the Dr. Mario Viruses are even back as enemies!)

Their M&L universe has been nothing short of a huge love letter to Mario fans so far, and this game looks to be continuing the tradition.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2013 »
GameXplain video:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013 by Vipsoccermaster »