Author Topic: Item Minigames  (Read 1183 times)

Offline morteriser

Item Minigames
« on: February 05, 2013 »
Item Mini-games

Item mini-games are a special kind of mini-games that only occur when a player lands on a Shopping Space. They will occur only during the turn, and the games are for single player only. The rewards is whatever Capsule you got in the game.

1.Pick a Chest, Any Chest^

(Base image).

How to Play: "If this is luck based, I'd rather pass the Item Space!" No this isn't luck based. You have 5 options for Chests, each containing a single Capsule. The options are "topleft", "topright", "left", "middle", and "right". You will be told the 5 Capsules, but you won't be told where they are. This you have to figure on your own. You will be given a riddle, hinting at what each Chest holds. Once you pick a Chest, you will get that item. You have 2 minutes to do so.

Tips: The riddles are usually based on its position, and usually hint at the color and other characteristics of the Capsule. This can range from if it is based on a Baddie, a Mushroom, an Obstacle, etc..

2.Gachapon Surprise^

(Base outline).

(Example of game image).

How to Play: To begin, you may choose how many Dice Rolls you want to make. Dice Rolls range from 1-5, and will remove the amount of capsules you got from the total Dice Rolls. In doing so, you will then have to say either "1" or "2". The next Capsule will be yours if you choose "1", the Capsule after is yours if you choose "2". The order the capsules get removed is depicted by the spiral shape. If you get a Capsule with Fire on it, you won't get any Capsules (doesn't matter if the Dice Rolls remove it though).

Tips: Part luck, part strategy, all probability. It is best to see how your Dice Rolls might work out, and hope you can reach an item of your liking. This mini-game has a lot of options for capsules, and will likely show some rare ones, but they are of course still difficult to get.

3.Stork

(Example of game image).

How to Play: When Capsules come to life! Wait, some aren't the same thing as what was inside the Capsule...
Oh well! Battle against a variety of enemies. Each enemy applies to a specific item (I will tell you what Capsule they would be). You get an item on the first enemy you defeat. You have 80 set HP and your standard options in a battle.

Enemy Statistics:

Enemy Movesets:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Enemy Weakness:
Enemy Resistance:

Tips: Each enemy has a different strategy. Certain moves are required for them to do others (such as Lift in order to Drop, or Ignite in order to Explode). Many strategies are required in order to face the plethora of enemies, this all depends on how you decide to use your character. Most rare Capsules are very difficult enemies. You must find a way to defeat the one that you want, but thee others that are there will make it more difficult for you to defeat the desired opponent.  There is a chance that enemies may attack other enemies, I will state when this occurs. You can use this to your advantage.

4.Item Roulette*^

(Base image).
Example

How to Play: I will send you a link of an image reminiscent to the above. Your job is to choose one of the numbers shown at the end of the animation. You will get the Capsule corresponding to that number, as shown at the beginning of the animation. You have 1 minute to come up with a choice.

Tips: Rare ones are as easy to get as common ones. Use this to your advantage.

^ - are Short mini-games.
* - are Animated mini-games.

Offline morteriser

Re: Item Minigames
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013 »
The purpose of this thread is to keep storage of any completed item mini-games. You may provide critique for the currently complete mini-games so as to make them better (I would appreciate the criticism, as my mini-games often have flaws that I don't notice until I try to execute them). Many of these mini-games can be subject to change (especially anything using the RPG mechanics, need to overhaul that once more). Some mini-game descriptions may change now that I have included mini-game character sprites which can be used for clarity.

So please tell me what you think about any of the mini-games!

(This post may also be used for more space in case there is a character limit for a post, though not really on this thread).