Author Topic: 4-Player Minigames  (Read 1522 times)

Offline morteriser

4-Player Minigames
« on: February 05, 2013 »
4-Player Mini-games

4-Player Mini-games are the most common mini-games. They appear at the end of each turn only when everyone is the same color (all Blue or all Red). Winning a mini-game will give you 10 coins, unless it is a coin mini-game. It is possible for some games to have multiple winners, or have a Draw where no one wins any coins. Certain mini-games contain bonus coins which are given to the player at the end of the mini-game.

1.Goomba Horde^

(Example of game image).

How to Play: Once everyone is set, I will post an image reminiscent to that above. The objective of the game is to count how many Goombas are on the image. First person to post the correct number of Goombas wins. You can just post the number, nothing extra. Be careful though, some like to hide near others and behind Fake Goombas.

Tips: The Fake Goombas do not count as a Goomba. Goombas are likely to hide behind Fake Goombas and be barely visible. They can also hide behind other Goombas as well.

2.Barrel of Barks

(Image idealizes game field).

How to Play: Once everyone is set, I will post the statement "Asleep". When this occurs, it is your job to post as much as you can. First person to post 8 times wins. Any posts will count, as long as it has at least one word. There is a catch though. The Chain Chomp will occasionally wake up. When this occurs, I will post "Awake". If you post after I have posted "Awake", you will be eliminated. If you are the last one standing, you won't win by default, you still must reach 8 posts.

Tips: I will post constantly as well. Shuffling between "Asleep" and "Awake" in order to trip you up. So time your posts wisely and be sure to be on the lookout for my posts.

3.GCN Buttoneers^

How to Play: Once the mini-game begins, everyone will have to send me a message. The message will consist of one of four options, being "A", "B", "X", or "Y". This will count as a round, and the objective of each round is to choose a button that no one else has. Meeting this objective will give you the point for the round. I will state the results of each round of the thread. The game will consist of 5 rounds total. Person with the most points wins.

Tips: Unfortunately, this is mostly luck-based. If you can, try and manipulate your opponents' fears into picking a button that they will likely not choose, usually according to previous rounds.

4.Monty Magnitude^

(Base outline).

(Example of game image).

How to Play: Once everyone is set, I will post an image reminiscent of the example above. The objective is to count the amount of Monty Moles that appear and post that number as soon as possible. You must only post the number. The first person to get the correct number will gain a point for that round. The game will consist of 5 rounds, each using a different image. The person with the largest total of points will win.

Tips: The base outline shows a specific amount of holes. These holes will never change, and will indicate the limit for the max number of Monty Moles that can be shown in one round. Be careful though, I may pull out lots of Monty Moles but not enough to indicate the same number of holes.

5.Gachapon Panic^

(Base outline).

(Example of game image).

How to Play: Each person will be taking turns, the turn order being the same as in-game. For your turn, you must post either "1" or "2" for the amount of capsules you want to remove. The order the capsules get removed is depicted by the spiral shape. Getting a colored capsule that is blank will have no added effect.

The following capsules have an added effect if you receive them:
- Coin - +1
- Coin Bag - +5
- Fire - Beware! Getting this will get you eliminated.

The objective of the game is to be the last one standing. All players will get any coins they received added to their score.

Tips: Look ahead. Be sure not to spell you own demise since you choose too much or too little. People will try their best to get anyone else eliminated. Assume the worst possible scenario, where the largest numbers get chosen, and try to avoid being the one forced to get the Fire capsule. Remember, the image will NOT get updated, so you will have to figure out where you are at based on what other people have chosen.

6.Gachapon Cache^

(Base outline).

(Example of game image).

How to Play: Jackpot! Coins for everyone's taking! Each person will be taking turns, the turn order being the same as in-game. For your turn, you must post either "1" or "2" for the amount of capsules you want to remove. The order the capsules get removed is depicted by the spiral shape.

The following capsules have an added effect if you receive them:
- Coin - +1
- Coin Bag - +5
- Fire - Beware! Getting this will get you eliminated.

If you are the last one standing, your coin amount will double.

Tips: Look ahead. Be sure not to spell you own demise since you choose too much or too little. People will try their best to get anyone else eliminated. Assume the worst possible scenario, where the largest numbers get chosen, and try to avoid being the one forced to get the Fire capsule. Remember, the image will NOT get updated, so you will have to figure out where you are at based on what other people have chosen. It may also be useful to manipulate the opponent into getting their hands on a Coin Bag, in order to have it backfire on them and get eliminated.

7.Arrow Disarray^

(Base image).

(Example of game image).

How to Play: Once everyone is set, I will post an image reminiscent to that of the above example. Your objective is to post the direction that none of the arrows are pointing towards. Your posts would either be "up", "down", "left", or "right". If you are the first to post the correct direction, you will receive the point for that round. There are a total of 5 rounds. First one to 3 points will automatically win.

Tips: As the game progresses, the image will get more and more complex. A good strategy is to only look for 3 arrows that are of different direction and derive the one missing from that. But remember, you have to be as fast as possible. Be careful though, I might trick your mind into thinking up patterns and associate the arrows in an incorrect direction.

8.Maze Phase^

(Base image).

(Example of game image).

How to Play: Be the first to get to the finish line! And how might one do this? You begin by starting on the gray sphere and have to find your way to the red sphere. You must say how you move in one post, consisting of "up", "down", "left", and "right". Your character will then go in the direction that you stated according to the order it was done. If you end up running into a wall, your character won't move. A single move is equivalent to the smallest square that can be made up by the boundaries. The first person to post a path that reaches the end successfully wins.

Tips: There are some Coin Bags and Coins scattered about. Getting this will increase your total winning by 5 and 1 respectively. Remember though, most of them are there to waste your time, as you will only get the bonus coins if you win.

9.Goomba Quiz Show^

How to Play: It's time for... Goomba Quiz Show! With all things Mario, hosted by Goomba! Answer the multiple choice questions as fast as you can in order to get a point for each round. There are a total of 5 rounds. First person to 3 points will win, or person with the most points wins. Answers to question can only consist of "a", "b", "c", or "d".

Tips: Questions are based on either general Mario game knowledge, MPDX mechanics, or certain statistics that have occurred in-game.

10.Aerial Fight, Hammer Brawl!

(Base image).

(Example of game image).

How to Play: Defeat the Amazing Flyin' Hammer Bro. that is trying to rain hammers down on you! The platform you are on will shoot you upwards, hitting whatever is directly above you. Things that are above you are indicated by different shadow sizes. During each round, you must quickly choose where to go. Your posts is either "up", "down", "left", or "right" to be in that respected spot. If someone chooses the same as you, but did it faster, you will be put in a random one that hasn't been chosen. The game will consist of 10 rounds total. Each round will have a different image. A long shadow is where the A.F.H.B. is, a square shadow is a Block, and a small square shadow is either a Hammer or a Coin. You receive a point for the round if you hit the A.F.H.B.. You will lose a point if you hit a Hammer, and will gain a Coin if you hit a Coin.

Tips: Hitting a Block acts as a multiplier. If you hit A.F.H.B. after hitting the block, your score will double (get 2 points). This doubling effect will continue as long as you consistently hit A.F.H.B.. Hitting the Block twice will not add to your multiplier, and will reset it if you had the multiplier effects prior. Near the end of the game, starting round 8, a second A.F.H.B. will appear. He acts the same as the other A.F.H.B., and has the same effects.

11.Panel Shuffle^

(Base image).

(Example of game image).

How to Play: Once everyone is set, I will post an image reminiscent to that of the above example. The objective of the game is to be the first person to guess which square has the same pattern as the one in the center. Your post must be either "up-left", "up", "up-right", "right", "down-right", "down", "down-left", or "left". They correspond to the respected squares. The first person to choose the one that is the same as the middle wins the mini-game.

Tips: Not so fast, sometimes I may trick you all and give you a false image! That's right, sometimes I may post an image where there is no pattern that is the same, to which I will then post another image a short while later. But even then, it may also be a fake image. Better keep your eyes peeled and fingers on your keyboards, because you need to be fast-acting and alert to win this mini-game.

12.Scratch Sketch

(Base image).

(Example of game image).

How to Play: Once everyone is set, I will begin posting a series of images reminiscent to the crude drawing above. Your goal is to guess what Mario character I am trying to draw as fast as possible. As time goes on, I will draw more of the drawing. If you guess wrong, you get eliminated.

Tips: Be careful though, I will begin making images look like one thing but then turn out another.

13.Lakitu Rain

How to Play: Watch out! Lakitu is dropping Spinies! But the blocks are dropping coins! There are 10 rounds to play. Each round you must post "left" or "right". Everyone will begin in the center, and can only go once left and once right. Moving left on the leftmost area will cause you to fall and respawn in the center for the next turn. Same goes for moving right on the rightmost area. Coins will only spawn on the leftmost and rightmost parts of the arena. Be careful though, as Spinies will also appear in those areas. There is a chance of Coin Bags appearing as well, giving 5 coins instead of just one. If you get hit by a Spiny, you will lose a coin. First person to post has priority on their current spot to Spinies and Coins.

Tips: I will be stating how the game will work out for the round. If Lakitu "throws the Spiny high" then it will take 3 turns to land. If Lakitu "throws the Spiny" it will take two turns to land. If Lakitu "drops the Spiny" it will take one turn to land, being the round it was stated in. The words "left", "right", or "center" will appear after such messages. I will also state "a Coin has appeared", "a Coin Bag has appeared", or "3 Coins have appeared" in the same fashion as when Lakitu does something. Being in the center will give you any coins that other players have lost in the same turn, not counting when a Spiny hits a person in the center.

14.Shroom Drop

(Base image).

(Example of game image).

How to Play: To begin, Everyone must post where they want to place their Mushroom on the top screen (being 1-9 from left to right, posting such number). Person who posts the fastest will get their spot if someone chooses the same spot. Each player takes turns moving the rows of blocks. The turn order is the same as in-game. The player can choose any row (1-7, from top to bottom) and move it left or right up to 4 times. You can move multiple rows at a time, but a maximum of 4 horizontal movements can be done. The objective of the game is to get your Mushroom to the bottom first. Mushrooms can't go through Brick Blocks and will move with the row they are in. Mushrooms also can't go through other Mushrooms. Mushrooms can however go through Question Mark Blocks, to which if they are in the same spot as one, the Mushroom won't be seen. I will update the image after each person's turn.

Tips: It is best to try and make a column of empty space to have your Mushroom quickly drop down to a lower level. Be careful though, your opponent can abuse this privilege. You can also try blocking your enemies' Mushrooms by surrounding them with Brick Blocks.

15.Figure Out, Figure In^

(Base image).

(Example of game image).

How to Play: Once everyone is set, I will post an image reminiscent to the above, except no panel will be inward. The objective of the game is to be the first to guess which figure fits the category that I state. The first person to get the right answer will get the point for the round, and then all panels of that figure will go inward and no longer be used in the mini-game. A total of 8 rounds will ensure.

The following panels are given the following names:
- Coin
- Coin Bag
- Mushroom
- Goomba
- Shell
- Bullet Bill
- Bob-omb
- Hammer
- Star

Tips: No two figures will have the same number. The smallest number will always be 1, largest will always be 9. As the game progresses, it should get easier since there are less figures to choose from. A good tip is to first keep a count on all the figures, and edit it as they get eliminated. The objectives can range from "the figure with the most panels" to "the figure with the 7th most figures". Objectives will get more complex as time goes on as well.

16.Buddies Ain't Bullies

(Round 1: Bully (2)).

(Round 2: Big Bully).

(Round 3: Chill Bully).

How to Play: Time to fight off some Bullies! You are teamed up with the other players in an attempt to defeat all the Bullies. Your HP will be set to 30, to which the amount of HP you have at the end of the game will be how many coins you gain. If your HP drops to 0, you will be eliminated. This is based on the turn-based RPG system, so view those rules in order to understand how to play. After Round 1 & 2, players will regain 10 HP.

Enemy Statistics:

Enemy Movesets:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Enemy Weakness:
Enemy Resistance:

Tips: Cooperation is key in success. Trying to avoid taking action is a bad idea, since it will be difficult to succeed on your own. Best to try and come up with a strategy with the other players in order to at least manage a win. Remember though, since it is a competition, other players may try to screw the others over in hopes of getting the most Coins out of it.

17.Ice Breakers

(Base image).

(Example of game image).

How to Play: Each player will take turns choosing 3 spots to drop bombs onto, being 1-9 from left to right.  Turn order is the same as in-game. A bomb will destroy the ice block below it, having different effects based no what kind of block it is.

The following blocks have these effects:
- Small - This block disappears when a bomb is dropped on it. No added effect.
- Large - This block disappears when a bomb is dropped on either half of it.
- Coin - This block disappears when a bomb is dropped on it. Gives the player an extra coin.
- Muncher - If your bomb hits this block, you get eliminated. CAN'T BE DESTROYED.
- Mystery - This block does one of many events when hit with a bomb.

The winner is the last one standing, all players will keep any coins they receive.

Tips: You can drop multiple bombs in the same place. The Mystery Block is key in trying to create a strategy.

The Mystery block will do the following:
- Doesn't get destroyed. Gets replaced by a small ice block.
- Destroys all blocks adjacent to it (being below, to the left, and to the right, however not activating effects). Also destroys itself.
- Disappears while causing the player to only drop 1 bomb during the next turn.
- Disappears while causing all the players to have to drop 5 bombs during their next turn.
- Disappears while giving the player 5 extra coins.
- Disappears while creating an ice block on top of each column. If the column already is at the highest point, that column would be ignored.
- Disappears while randomizing the priority of players during the next turn.

Be careful though, Mystery Blocks may benefit your opponents or screw you over when your turn comes at hand.

18.Top Ten

(Base image).

(Secondary base image).

How to Play: Be the first to reach 10! Each player will take turn, being in the order that is in-game. The player must choose a card. A card will be recognized by their number, from left to right; Row 1: 1-3, Row 2: 4-6, Row 3: 7-9, Row 4: 10-12. After each player's choice, the secondary base image will be updated with what they got.

The following indicates what occurs:
- You - You gain the amount of points shown.
- Rivals - Everyone else gains the amount of points shown.
- All - Everyone gains the amount of points shown.
- First - The person who has the most points gets the amount of points shown.
- Last - The person who has the least points gets the amount of points shown.

Tips: No, the cards are not in the same position as the base image. That would be too easy. This is mostly a game of luck for that reason. However, some patterns occur. The "You" cards will never be next to each other, neither would the "First" card and the "Last" card. This is only slightly helpful though, as it only eliminates few options on a situational standpoint.

19.Card Play

(Base image).

How to Play: Everyone will tell me what card number they want to use. That card number will then be shown to no longer be usable. If you choose the highest number, you will win a point. The objective of the game is to be the first to win 3 points.

Tips: Mostly a game of chance and wits. Your 5 card guarantees a point, but it can be used to strip others of a point for numbers such as 4. 1 can only get a point if everyone else chooses 1, so it is basically a dud card. Getting rid of it may be a good idea when others are forced down to 1.

20.Turnip Turmoil

(Example of game image; the Surface).

(Example of secondary game image; the Underground).

How to Play: Each player begins at the center of the Surface image. Each turn you will have to send me 4 moves to do. A move will consist of say "up", "down", "left", "right", or "dig". Digging will cause you to switch between the Surface and the Underground from where you are standing. You can't dig if there is an obstacle on the other side. The objective of the game is to be the first to get all the Turnips by touching them. You have a minute for each turn.

Tips: Bushes are the only obstacle on the Surface, usually having a vine matching the bushes' position in the Underground. Rocks only appear Underground. Be sure to not try digging when there is a and obstacles that would exist in the same spot you are on the Surface/Underground. Try to find the shortest possible route to get all the Turnips.

21.Lean Bean Machine^

(Base image).

(Example of game image).

How to Play: Each player will be given the same set of commands, but will be played out individually. The objective is to win the most points in 3 turns. Each turn, you will be given an image and a Report. The Report will command what you must do for the turn. You state "+" for left/GRN and "-" for right/RED. You must state them for all the containers in the image for the turn, starting from the bottom. You will have to base you choices on the Report, based on label (GRN, RED, left arrow, right arrow) or color, and will state for which number of containers to follow such a rule. You get a point for each correct answer. You also have only 1 minute each turn to respond.

Tips: The bean containers are filled with disorienting errors. The Report will tell you which quality is the correct indicator to which export. Be sure to pay attention to the Report, and try not to get confused by ones that have an incorrect label or color to the actual result. If the label and color concern the same export, you will automatically know that it will be correct regardless of what the Report says.

22.Paper-Thin Press

(Example of game image).

How to Play: I will send an image to each player. The player will then have to state which spot to stand on within 30 seconds of when I sent the message. To choose a spot, you stat 1-9 (from left to right). The player must choose the safe spot, being the one that wouldn't crush the player if the pillars above them were to drop. The pillars are in the same pattern as the blocks on the floor, so try to find which pillar is not the same and choose that spot. A total of 6 turns will occur, and you will get each point for each win. The person with the most points at the end of everyone's turns wins.

Tips: This game is all about reaction time. You better be fast to see which spot would be different. Remember, the patterns of the blocks on the bottom should be the same as the pillars on top (in terms of displacement). You won't know what your opponents have gotten until the very end.

23.Pipe Down*^

(Base image).
Example

How to Play: Once everyone is set, I will post a link to an image reminiscent to the above example. Each player has a Mushroom representing their position (according to their in-game turn order). The objective of the game is to choose which place to drop the Chest down the pipe in order to have your player get the Chest to land on your player. First person to choose will have priority. The post must consist of the number you want to place it in, being 1-4 from left to right.

Tips: The Chest will cross to a different pipe whenever those pipes are connected a junction pipe. The animation itself will only play once then stop, so you only have one chance at getting it right, and you better be quick about it!

^ - are Short mini-games.
* - are Animated mini-games.

Offline morteriser

Re: 4-Player Minigames
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013 »
The purpose of this thread is to keep storage of any completed 4-player mini-games. You may provide critique for the currently complete mini-games so as to make them better (I would appreciate the criticism, as my mini-games often have flaws that I don't notice until I try to execute them). Many of these mini-games can be subject to change (especially anything using the RPG mechanics, need to overhaul that once more). Some mini-game descriptions may change now that I have included mini-game character sprites which can be used for clarity.

So please tell me what you think about any of the mini-games!

(This post may also be used for more space in case there is a character limit for a post).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013 by morteriser »

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
Re: 4-Player Minigames
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013 »
Unless you can hit someone up via FB or Text, some mini-games will take days to be done
Personally, I don't mind it but the wait will make me mad