Author Topic: PlayStation 4  (Read 21797 times)

Offline Snowy

• cu 
Re: Playstation 4
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Dreamy_Luigi

• Year of the Luigi!
  • Back with a vengeance.
  • us 
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 02:06:28 PM »
I wonder what does the light on top do?
It does this:

Lol, that would be true if Sony does implement that.

Also, there are rumors that PS4 will allow streaming for PlayStation 3 games. Here's one such source.

Hah, it seems like Sony's taking the "Sega does what Nintendon't" approach. It's a shame they didn't watch the entire Nintendo Direct to find out that most of the games are about Luigi!

So, about the controller, it looks similar to the PS3 controller, but it appears to be more bulky, and it has a screen.

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 04:28:27 PM »
Just to water Sony fan's mouth, the official Playstation channel on Youtube has been uploading videos on the evolution of their products these last days.

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Monday:

Tuesday:

Tomorrow is suppose to be the day they reveal the ''big news''.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 08:45:58 PM »
Quote from: Kotaku
Source: The PS4 Will Be Out This November, And You'll Be Able To Control It With Your Phone

A reliable Kotaku source has informed us that the PlayStation 4, codenamed Orbis, will be out this November in the United States.

Our sourcethe same reliable source who back in early 2012 told us the codename for Sony's next console and the codename for Microsoft's next consoletells us that there are two models planned for the new machine, and that pricing won't be announced until later this year, possibly around E3. The current plan, our source says, is to release them at $429 and $529, but that could change.

Although nothing is confirmed just yet, as we get closer and closer to the release of Orbis, which Sony is expected to officially announce during an event in New York City tomorrow night, we continue to hear more details about what will ship with the new hardware. Back in January, we learned about the PS4's new controller, which has a small touchpad in the center, and the fancy new user account system that will allow multiple people to log into one console at the same time.

New information revealed by our source suggests that on top of all that, you'll also be able to control the PS4 remotely from your tablet or smartphone. You'll be able to use a mobile device to chat with your PS4 friends or buy games which are then automatically downloaded to your machine, our source says.

Orbis is also following the path first set by Xbox Live: our source says "most" of the PS4's online features will require a premium subscription to use. Sony's new online service will be called PlayStation World, our source says, replacing PlayStation Plus.

(No word on whether that's related to PlayStation Cloud, domains for which Sony registered on Friday. We couldn't find any domains or trademarks registered for PlayStation World.)

Some other tidbits: our source says that every PS4 will come with a PlayStation Eye; that a new spectating feature will let you watch other friends play games from your console's dashboard, even when you don't own the game they're playing; and that the console will support local network play via Vita.

Current photos of the PS4 controller are inconsistent with some of the information we've received. For example, we've seen Orbis documentation that details a "share" button, and Edge magazine corroborated that not long after we reported it, saying that the controller's share button will record gameplay and allow you to share it online.

This controller doesn't seem to have a share button at all, although it's possible that the functionality has been wrapped into the all-purpose PlayStation button, which is a carryover from the PS3's DualShock controller.

Pictures of the prototype controller also match up with what we've reported about the touch pad and LED light, which you can see on the controller's back in the photos we've received.

We've reached out to Sony for comment and will update should they get back to us. Sony is expected to announce their new console tomorrow night at an event in New York City. Kotaku will be there reporting news as it happens.
Source

Kotaku reveals interesting information regarding the PlayStation 4. Apparently, the release could be in November 2013 and could retail at somewhere between $430-$530. Tomorrow is the big day, for which Sony will reveal the PlayStation 4 and controller, so we just have to wait and see what happens then.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »
Getting excited! Just a few more hours.

I just want that backwards compatibility confirmed. :P

Offline Dreamy_Luigi

• Year of the Luigi!
  • Back with a vengeance.
  • us 
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 07:10:05 PM »
Interesting. I'm sort of excited to see what's in store for the new console.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • us 
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 09:52:06 PM »
I can just feel the excitement bursting from this topic.

Anyway, I watched most of the conference (was not expecting 2+ hours) and I have to say I'm excited and interested to see what else will come from the PS4 (which is official now). A lot of cool features, but those features will come at a cost. And I probably won't be willing to pay that cost. As I predicted, no backwards compatibility, but they did say that games from PS1, PS2, and PS3 will come through the Gaikai streaming service at some point.

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 10:03:48 PM »
"I can just feel the excitement bursting from this topic."

Either sarcasm or you must be a fool...
I saw some of the conference
I might get the PS4 when it comes out if my pockets are shouting PS4 PS4

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • us 
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 10:10:20 PM »
I thought it was pretty obvious, but there will always be someone. :P

The rumored price at the moment is $429 and $529 for two different models. Does anyone think that sounds right? Would you be willing to pay that amount? Do you think the product (from what we have seen) is worth that amount?

Offline Gengar

• is a real life Gengar.
  • Gengar > Boos
  • gb 
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 10:13:25 PM »
It's hard to tell considering how much we've seen. But the main reason why I don't buy Sony consoles is that they're too damn expensive.
     gifs

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 11:12:46 PM »
I watched the whole conference and it was pretty good. The PS4 is gonna be a powerhouse console. Seeing as it's coming this holiday season (unless it's delayed), I'll pass on the Wii U for the PS4. Of course, that's assuming Microsoft isn't releasing the 720 near the same timeframe.

Offline Dreamy_Luigi

• Year of the Luigi!
  • Back with a vengeance.
  • us 
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 03:34:27 PM »
That price is just too dang high! I'm not a big fan of Sony consoles, but this does look pretty neat. The Wii U may have some competition!

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 04:39:22 PM »
I thought it was pretty obvious, but there will always be someone. :P

The rumored price at the moment is $429 and $529 for two different models. Does anyone think that sounds right? Would you be willing to pay that amount? Do you think the product (from what we have seen) is worth that amount?
Not at all. I paid $300 or so for my Xbox last year and I nearly choked at the price. PS3 was $250. I'm not even going to entertain the thought of something that's $500.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 04:51:57 PM »
$429 is the most I'm paying and even there it's too damn high for my liking. I could pay a great Laptop with that money. The price of a console shouldn't be over $300 imo. Something tells me I'll have to work hard this summer.

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 02:05:08 PM »
$500 is way too much, no console is worth that much in my eyes. As much as i want it I'm not going to waste my money on this.

But on the bright side, at least they decide to make the controller look like the PS2 version. I can't stand the PS3 controller, it is so loose and fragile.