Author Topic: Pokmon X & Pokmon Y  (Read 69672 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Pokmon X & Pokmon Y
« on: January 08, 2013 »
Pokmon X & Pokmon Y

Just Announced! The sixth generation of Pokmon! The release is worldwide! Coming Saturday, October 12, 2013!

More Info

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013 by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Polar

• au 
Re: Pok�mon X Version & Pok�mon Y Version
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013 »
Urh, I was just about to post this :P

I'm not interested in it because I find the newer games boring. 

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Pokmon X Version & Pokmon Y Version
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013 »
Posting in this board due to announcement and easier to find.

Grass Starter, Chespin!

Fire Starter, Fennekin!

Water Starter, Froakie!

Legendary Pokmon Xerneas (Pokmon X)!

Legendary Pokmon Yveltal (Pokmon Y)!

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013 by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013 »
Glad to see them make their way onto the 3DS this time. The starters are okay, not great, but I like Fennekin the best with Chespin being my least favorite.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013 »
I saw this earlier this morning. I can't believe they are ALREADY doing another generation. :P We just got Generation 5 in like 2011 (I think earlier in Japan), it's barely been 2 years and they already wanna move on? I don't know if it's the wisest decision, but hey. So we have 644 Pokemon... I wonder how many they'll add and I'm wondering if they'll add new things like maybe new types. I also wonder if it's going to be completely new Pokemon again, or possibly have evolutions/baby forms to old Pokemon.

This 3D-world looks like Pokemon Colosseum mixed with Pokemon Stadium 2; which looks cool. :P

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013 »
Not sure why I'm excited for this, I'm not really a Pokemon fan. The only game I played was Diamond.

I think we are all just glad that they are finally taking the next step with the series.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013 »
I'm liking Fennekin a lot. It may look like Vulpix, but there's two more evolutions after that, so it might be larger than Ninetales? Froakie is probably my second favorite. And Chespin is all right. It really depends on the evolutions that we'll see later this year.

EDIT: It doesn't have the word "Version" for either game.

Here's the Press Release:

Quote from: Press Release
BELLEVUE, WAJanuary 8, 2013The Pokmon Company and Nintendo announced today that the next generation of Pokmon video games, Pokmon X and Pokmon Y, will launch worldwide in October exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS system. New Pokmon, a new storyline set in a spectacular 3D world, and dynamic battles instantly make Pokmon X and Pokmon Y two of the most highly anticipated video game titles of 2013.

"The worldwide launch of Pokmon X and Pokmon Y this October allows players to begin their adventures at the same time," said Tsunekazu Ishihara, CEO of The Pokmon Company. "Now, Pokmon fans across the globe can discover the secrets of Pokmon games and can collect, battle, and trade with each other immediately."

"We brought Pokmon into an entirely new dimension and we're incredibly excited to bring Pokmon X and Pokmon Y to fans," said Junichi Masuda, video game director at GAME FREAK inc. "The stunning visuals, a completely redesigned environment, game scenario, music, and communication features will bring smiles to the faces of video game players around the world."

Want an early sneak peek at Pokmon X and Pokmon Y? Visit Pokemon.com to watch a video introducing this new Pokmon adventure, including an exciting first look at the new starter Pokmon in battle! Fans can also catch a glimpse of the newest Legendary Pokmon and gameplay footage from the upcoming titles.

Pokmon X and Pokmon Y will be the blueprint for an exciting array of new animation, Pokmon TCG, and toys debuting around the world.

Be sure to visit Pokemon.com, Like the official Pokmon Facebook page at Facebook.com/Pokemon, and follow Pokmon on Twitter @Pokemon to ensure you're receiving the latest Pokmon X and Pokmon Y news!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013 by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Snowy

• cu 
Re: Pok�mon X & Pok�mon Y
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013 »
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT THIS
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Toadette

• The Best Mario Character ever in the History of Forever
  • 2k15 #YearofToadette 👍
  • us 
Re: Pokmon X & Pokmon Y
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013 »
It's called Pokemon X and Y because it's in full 3D, which uses the XYZ axis. Heh.
Anyways, I think I'll get Y version (Red Guy looks cool) and choose Fennekin, or possibly Chespin. It all depends on what their Final Form looks like, because I usually choose my starter by design instead of Stats or Typing.

Hoping for a Devil-like Pokemon for Pokemon #666, but watch it be like a Pre-evolution of Pachirisu or something :P

Offline Ryoux0

• Your Worst Nightmare
  • Guess who's back!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013 »
Im not sure why they're making another generation but the game looks cool. Glad they're finally stepping up from the 2D sidescrolling to actual 3D. As for the starters I lie the fire one the best. The grass one looks like Oshawott and the water one is a damn frog.. Itll be interesting to see what information comes next though.

Offline Dreamy_Luigi

• Year of the Luigi!
  • Back with a vengeance.
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013 »
Interesting. Possibly a third game in a few years called Pokemon Z?

I pretty excited, this game looks interesting. Not a big fan of the starters. However, I believe I'll be going on an adventure with Fenekin. Kind of weird, I prefer water types to fire, but oh well.

Very interesting. Pretty excited for the new games.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013 »
Here's the interview between J.C. Smith and Game Informer. Here's a portion of that interview, which explains the situation why they went with Nintendo 3DS and not Wii U:

Quote from: Portion of Interview
GI: Pokmon X and Y looks like it could be a good fit for console as well. Why not make a Wii U version?

J.C. Smith: I cant speak to the specifics, but traditionally Game Freak has always loved the game to be on a portable device because of the communication, trading, and the experience of taking this adventure with you. Thats why theyve always prioritized a portable version of the game first. Theyve always liked what you can do in the real world with that.

GI: Why havent we seen a console Pokmon?

J.C. Smith: It comes down to what the creators want to do. Every time Ive heard them talk about it, its been about the portable experience, taking the adventure with you, being able to share it with friends, communicate, trade, battle really encouraging that interaction.
Also, here's the logo:

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013 »
Ugh... there are way to many Pokmon now!!!
This will make it up and over 700 now... maybe even 800?

For the starters now... I hate them.
I've been gradually disliking the Pokmon as the games go on (I only liked a few guys from the 6th gen), but now they just look so stupid...

...ehh, maybe their evolve forms will look better...

Also, this announcement destroyed my hopes for a 3rd gen. remake. (Guess that was expected due to the 2nd/3rd gen connection fail that started this)

Overall - most likely won't get this game. This doesn't even remind me of a Pokmon game much now how it is.
Even the 5th gen got boring after a while. I'm going to stick with the 4th gen games for now. (Heart Gold is probably my most played game, too.)

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013 »
I'm liking this generation so far, even if it's only 5 pokemons on 100 to 150 revealed. The second legendary is just what I wanted, a legendary kind of bird thing like in the good old days. I was tired of dragons, now this is fresh! :3

Offline Sax

• Cotton Commander
  • Prankster at work
  • us 
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013 »
I don't really hate any of the starters but I favor Froakie and Fennekin. I love the X legendary but at first I thought it was a new form of Virizion when its foot stamped into the trailer. I actually have hopes for this generation. Black/White wasn't my favorite but hopefully this can set new standards and normals for the Pokemon series.