Author Topic: Recent Downtime  (Read 1704 times)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
Recent Downtime
« on: December 30, 2012 »
I don't know how long it lasted, but Mario Party Legacy, along with the Forum, were down due to bandwidth limits this morning. The Paper Mario: Sticker Star Walkthrough on the main site has been highly successful, bringing in loads of traffic to the site and allowing for the best month in the existence of the site, nt to mention the last three days being the highest viewership we have ever had. With this comes strain on the bandwidth limits. Without getting too technical, I was able to add more bandwidth to the site, and we should be safe for the rest of the month.

In short, I don't think we need to worry about the site being down again anytime soon. The bandwidth is also the reason we are staying away from things like the IM Chat we used to have. Too resource heavy and with all the traffic, we really need to watch the limits.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
Re: Recent Downtime
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012 »
I don't come on during the mornings because I'm usually doing something. :P

But wow... everyone just get the game or something ans want to see how it plays out?
Well, I guess the high views are a good thing.

Too bad this basically confirms the chat staying away for a long time... I'm guessing.
unless there's a sudden drop in views... O_O