Author Topic: Yoshi's Tropical Island  (Read 5703 times)

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
Yoshi's Tropical Island
« on: September 17, 2012, 11:40:56 PM »
Now this board is one I really like~
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Difficulty :  :star: :star:

? spaces were annoying, but the toll thwomps can cause some very strategic game-play if you have enough coins.
I mostly liked how your objective was to help one Yoshi get to his best friend.
...Curse that fish, though. :P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:47:00 PM by Yoshiman222 »

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Yoshi's Tropical Island
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 11:51:19 PM »
Heh, one of my favorite boards.

I like to pay Thwomp the max toll of 50 coins to prevent others from going to the other side of the island and get stuck in one island for like the duration of the game. But the ? Spaces as Yoshiman222 said, are indeed annoying since if you're stuck with Bowser, you're out of luck. I like traveling around the Cantaloupe Island more than the Watermelon Island for some reason.

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 05:27:35 AM »
Ugh, whenever that Bowser Toad switch happens I just get so annoyed at the game. After taking forever, paying the Thwomp, the stars just switch because someone landed on a stupid ? space. The board itself is fine, but that stupid switch can get on my nerves very easily.

Offline XANAVirus

• Drifter
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 11:49:28 AM »
Yeah, the ? Event happened way too often.
Isn't MP1 the one where all dice rolls are predetermined, or something along those lines?

I felt like the game knew what I was thinking sometimes, and I would just HAPPEN to land on a ? Space whenever I was close to the Star or whenever it would be the worst event of that turn.
And, worse, there wasn't much you could do - I'd frequently wind up one space in front of an ? Space, and then on my next turn hit that space, or if I didn't the computer oh so graciously would do so for me!

Aside from that, it was fun, and I grew to hate the CPU in any video game very quickly.
I'm not known for being active anywhere.
 I disappear from time to time and come back just as suddenly, so if you don't hear from me it's not that I left and am not coming back - it is the opposite.  You may expect me to popup suddenly at times and leave as soon.

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »
Yeah, the ? Event happened way too often.
Isn't MP1 the one where all dice rolls are predetermined, or something along those lines?

I felt like the game knew what I was thinking sometimes, and I would just HAPPEN to land on a ? Space whenever I was close to the Star or whenever it would be the worst event of that turn.
And, worse, there wasn't much you could do - I'd frequently wind up one space in front of an ? Space, and then on my next turn hit that space, or if I didn't the computer oh so graciously would do so for me!

Aside from that, it was fun, and I grew to hate the CPU in any video game very quickly.

Emulator wise, hell yes the dice rolls are predetermined
The Happening Space always happen and it's very annoying
It was basically 2 islands and it wasn't that much fun (The 1st time it's alright though)

Offline Gameguy1996

• us 
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 12:14:23 PM »
This board was ok but the Bowser and Toad switching always makes this board less enjoyable and the ? always made geting the star harder.

Thanks DJ Swangler

Offline Super Mario Gamer(95)

• Playing Mario Since (1995)
  • Now your playing with Power, Super Power!!
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 05:44:04 AM »
This board was such a nice board to play on” you had the fruits, green grass, the beach sand, the color Yoshi's, and the peaceful tropical music,

to me this board was both a peaceful & awesome board to play on,

Yoshi Rocks! when it comes to is boards, or should i say board cuz sadly, Yoshi only had 1 board in the series. :(
Nintendo Gamer since (1995) and grew up playing game's over the years such as
 Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros 64, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Wii & More!  and own Nintendo Systems SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U & soon NES.

Offline Sax

• Cotton Commander
  • Prankster at work
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 08:42:34 PM »
This is actually one of my least favorite boards. I found it boring gameplay wise the colors were really nice.

Offline I'm Batman

• I am one with the Bat
  • au 
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »
The look of this board is very nice. I always got annoyed with the happening space especially because theirs no way around it. It's not the best board but it is fun. And the music to this board is AWESOME!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:41:19 AM by Baconfat23 »
"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever." ―Joker
  Thanks eboyblue3

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 04:57:57 PM »
Stupid Bubba stealing some of my victories in this board.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 02:18:47 PM »
One of my personal favorite Mario Party (1) boards (besides Eternal Star), I'd always get over 100 coins and pay the maximum coins to the toll thwomp making life miserable for the computers. I rely heavily on boo occasionally to get stars because of Bubba. I liked how Bubba from Super Mario 64 returned and the ending was great, especially if Yoshi is the superstar with the other two Yoshies.  :yoshi:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:21:16 PM by SirYoshi211 »
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »
One of my personal favorite Mario Party (1) boards (besides Eternal Star), I'd always get over 100 coins and pay the maximum coins to the toll thwomp making life miserable for the computers.
I usually do that trick, too, to prevent others from getting to one side of the island. Although 50 coins is a lot for a toll, I don't think it makes sense to do so in a 20-turn game. For a 50-turn game, it's still a lot, but very useful when playing for fun. I don't think this tactic is advised until you get 100 stars overall.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 02:50:41 PM »
One of my personal favorite Mario Party (1) boards (besides Eternal Star), I'd always get over 100 coins and pay the maximum coins to the toll thwomp making life miserable for the computers.
I usually do that trick, too, to prevent others from getting to one side of the island. Although 50 coins is a lot for a toll, I don't think it makes sense to do so in a 20-turn game. For a 50-turn game, it's still a lot, but very useful when playing for fun. I don't think this tactic is advised until you get 100 stars overall.

I usually only pay the 50 coin toll in a twenty turn game if I get incredibly lucky with earning coins. Speaking of luck, one time on this board the computer controlling Wario got so unlucky he literally ended the game with zero coins and stars. I was to blame partially because I trapped him on one of the islands with Bowser using the toll  :-D.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion