Author Topic: Game Recommendations  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Jin Kisaragi

• Is that you..... Brother?
  • Whatever
Game Recommendations
« on: August 29, 2012 »
Just a general topic where people can ask in detail about what games other members have enjoyed. If possible could this be something to get stickied since it's a helpful topic?

I'll be off of XBL for an extended period of time coming up, and I was hoping someone has something off the beaten path for me to play for good single player.

Offline Mizore_Ice

• HELLO AEGIS-KUN
Re: Game Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012 »
I haven't played it...

But Phantom Breaker looks like a good single player fighting game you could try. I would really like to... But, heh. Tough luck for me.

Offline Jin Kisaragi

• Whatever
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012 »
I haven't played it...

But Phantom Breaker looks like a good single player fighting game you could try. I would really like to... But, heh. Tough luck for me.
Requires me to own a Japanamo 360 =P

Offline Mizore_Ice

• HELLO AEGIS-KUN
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012 »
I haven't played it...

NOT TRUE. It came out in NA on June 12, 2012. :3

Offline Jin Kisaragi

• Whatever
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012 »
I haven't played it...

NOT TRUE. It came out in NA on June 12, 2012. :3

Intriguing

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012 »
Fez is a great arcade game but I warn you it is HARD. It seriously gave me a headache playing.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012 »
Metro 2033
Ninja Gaiden 2
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013 »
If you're looking for a heartfelt, touching game with incredible storytelling and a fantastic world to explore I cannot recommend 'Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons' enough. Game is phenomenal. I was bawling at the end of it. Who knew that one single button press could cause so much emotion.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Justin

• us 
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013 »
If you're looking for a heartfelt, touching game with incredible storytelling and a fantastic world to explore I cannot recommend 'Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons' enough. Game is phenomenal. I was bawling at the end of it. Who knew that one single button press could cause so much emotion.

What he said except for "To the Moon".

Anyways Tyler I added it to my steam wishlist, I'll probably get it sometime it's on sale.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013 »

Anyways Tyler I added it to my steam wishlist, I'll probably get it sometime it's on sale.
It's short (about 3 hours) but it has more memorable moments than most 20 hour games. I just adore how the game starts off, all the little interactions with the characters and how the game just evolves from there. And oh my lord, when you get to the part I was talking about with the button press you'll immediately know what I was talking about. So powerful.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Justin

• us 
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013 »
I've been playing so many emotional games lately lol. I think my conscious is telling me something.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013 »
Also if you're looking for an interesting take on military shooters definitely check out Spec Ops: The Line. One of the best games of last year from a story standpoint.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Justin

• us 
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013 »
I concur with Tyler.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013 »
Just beat Tearaway. Fantastic game, if you like platformers it is a must buy. Best platformer of the year.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013 »

Just in case you didn't know some bonus content came out for that
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743404
Hit me up on twitter.