Poll

Are you going to buy a new Nintendo 3DS XL?

Yes! I will trade in my 3DS to upgrade to the Nintendo 3DS XL!
0 (0%)
No. I will stick with my original 3DS.
13 (81.3%)
I do not have a Nintendo 3DS yet.
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Are you going to upgrade your 3DS?  (Read 3587 times)

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
Re: Are you going to upgrade your 3DS?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 11:58:40 AM »
What exactly does it fix. Please explain. Please.
It's a matte finish, which means no fingerprints on the system.

The location of the stylus has been moved to a much better position, the right side of the XL (which is where it was for the Lite/i/i XL).

The Start/Home/Select Buttons seem to feel better, compared to the 3DS.

As stated by the previous poster, there is also better battery life and a bigger screen. I also heard that the 3D Effect looks nicer.

Not sure on this one, but I don't think the XL's screen gets scratch marks when closed, like what happens with the 3DS.

On the original 3DS, the top screen felt sort of loose-ish, but that doesn't seem to happen with the XL.

I think that's all. Not the most major things, but I think they were all fixed anyways.

I can clear the finger prints on my system in a few seconds, that doesn't bother me.

I also don't care about stylus position.

They can be a little annoying at times but other than that, I think they're fine.

The only reason on this list which would make me consider getting a 3DS XL is the Battery life. Though, the 3DS battery life is so much better compared to my ipod and the charger has a very long lead. So... battery life isn't too much of a problem. The 3D effect on the 3DS is good enough imo. Also, you can carry the 3DS in your pocket and you can't really hide the 3DS XL because it's too big.

That's kind of useful, but my 3DS doesn't have many scratches and I've had it since December.

Really? Mine doesn't feel loose at all. Though, it's not one of the first dispatched 3DS'.

Overall, it's only the battery life that would want to make me get the 3DS XL. For now, the 3DS is more than fine. :P

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 06:48:51 PM »
Oh no! I have to wipe off fingerprints from my handheld console! Oh no, my screen is too small! Oh no, my screen has very small scratches! Grab a F***ing wipe and some lens cleaner and get over your first world problems. Don't waste 200 more bucks for the same s***.

Offline madstarr12

• Not worthy of holding the "Owl" name....
  • Toad
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 10:44:28 PM »
Oh no! I have to wipe off fingerprints from my handheld console! Oh no, my screen is too small! Oh no, my screen has very small scratches! Grab a F***ing wipe and some lens cleaner and get over your first world problems. Don't waste 200 more bucks for the same s***.

This! Unless one is a complete clean freak, all of it can be dealt with.

Offline Milla Maxwell

• Sent by the gods
  • 貰った!始まりの力、手の内に! 我が導となり、こじ開けなさい! スプリ
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 06:36:29 PM »
I can't believe people would waste their money on another stupid 3DS. I'd rather buy a Vita than buy the same exact thing I've had. Talk about consumerism...

Offline Sax

• Cotton Commander
  • Prankster at work
  • us 
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »
I can't believe people would waste their money on another stupid 3DS. I'd rather buy a Vita than buy the same exact thing I've had. Talk about consumerism...

I would too... to bad I already have one.