Author Topic: Guest Articles!  (Read 14033 times)

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
Re: Guest Articles!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012 »
Koopa Kid: Replaced by Bowser Jr?
Rough Draft (Paragraph 1): Koopa Kid. The forgotten minion of Bowser specifically created as his assistant in the Mario Party series. He has deemed unpopular, as you saw in the results of the first Super Mario Survivor. He had no major appearances in any of the main series whatsoever. Bowser Jr. debuted in Super Mario Sunshine in 2002 and has since then been commonly referred to as Bowser's second-in-command. However, Koopa Kid still remained in the Gamecube Mario Parties serving as Bowser's assistant, board host, and even became a playable character in 5 and 6. His final appearance to date was in 7 in 2005. When the Wii and DS arrived, Koopa Kid suddenly vanished, never to be seen again.
That sounds like something that Maxime had said he was interested in making himself for some time now~ I was just recently talking to him and (as he seems like a bigger Koopa Kid fan) maybe it would be nice for you to let him do it? (I'm just asking because he said he was working on it for quite a long time for this, but never felt it right to post here yet... you don't have to if you are really interested in doing this as well)

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• ca 
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012 »
That sounds like something that Maxime had said he was interested in making himself for some time now~ I was just recently talking to him and (as he seems like a bigger Koopa Kid fan) maybe it would be nice for you to let him do it?
Koopa Kid is my favorite Mario Party character (adding Koopa).

As I saw, you doesn't look to like him at all (I saw that somewhere where you said "meh..." which probably means you don't really like it. And that you decided to say is proving it even more) and only want to tell bad things about him. And I have a bad feeling about it. (And I like Bowser Jr. as well.) Talking about Koopa Kid is something really important for me (and after seeing this message I will finish what I started and no he's not forgotten and he will never be forgotten because he is awesome and I am just so pround to be a fan of him, whatever how he is liked or by how old I am.) and I was hesitating a lot posting it but now that I am more decided, does that means that all my efforts and my article will go away...? He's maybe not popular for you and most of the forum but for me he's like easily the center of my attention. So yeah, I want want to say that this thing could be in conflict with my article I was supposed to ask to publish. And it will be an article, for fans, from a true fan. And as I always say in myself because of how "unpopular" the characters I like looks to be for the others is : If you like something, you can like it, no matter what, and that's what I do with Koopa Kid! (Sorry if I sound a little bit emotive around here, but it just states my opinion around this situation. I hope I don't do anything wrong to you.)
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry:

Offline Super Mario Gamer(95)

• Playing Mario Since (1995)
  • Now your playing with Power, Super Power!!
  • us 
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012 »
"THE HISTORY OF MARIO PARTY"

Remember that party game where you had everybody's favorite Nintendo chacracter, and would go around a fun filled board, & collect stars & coins” and got your friend mad when you would steal his or hers, stars or coins"of course" everybody does!

it's Mario Party!, the series that made our lives so much better" and made familie's come together, the Mario Party Series was a series created by Nintendo to bring kids a fun new way to play' Mario and board games, & bring the family together”
The Series Currently has 11 games in the series" not counting Mario Party-e.
Card Game.

The Mario Party Series was first  Introduced on the Nintendo 64 in 1998, the game featured 8 boards, and 6 playable characters" you would roam around a board to collect stars & coins, and play a bunch of fun filled minigames, also the game Featured: 56 Minigames Total to play” and is still fun for Nintendo & Mario fans to this day.

"Mario Party 2"
Nintendo's Direct Sequel to Mario Party,

Mario Party 2 was the 2nd Mario Party for Nintendo 64" and released in 1999” the game included the same first characters from the first game” it also featured 64 new! minigames, & 6 new boards to choose from like Westernland” where players roam around a “western” themed board  to collect stars & coins” The game also featured new modes" like the minigame coaster" where players test there minigame skills on a minecart and explore 9 minigame worlds total, the difficultie's were easy, normal & hard. Mario Party 2 truly was and still is one of the best mario parties for N64.

"Mario Party 3" Nintendo's 3rd installment in the series, and released in 2000.

Mario Party 3 was the 3rd & last Mario Party Released on the Nintendo 64” the game included the 6 original characters” from the first 2 games, but also” added 2 new ones" Waluigi & Daisy" the game also featured 70 all-new minigames & 6 all-new boards, the game also had some new modes” like story where players go up against opponent's and try to win stamps and face the Miracle star for the rank of "Super Star" sadly, this was the last Mario Party on the N64" but would continue later on the Gamecube.

"Mario Party 4" Nintendo's 4th Installment' and first for the Nintendo Gamecube”
Mario Party 4 released in 2002 for the gamecube, and man weren't we nintendo fans happy! the release of Mario Party 4 on Gamecube was like a dream come true, with new graphics, better quilty, & sound” this Mario Party was quite” the Party on the Gamecube” the game featured 3D like graphics” and featured 6 all new boards & minigames” mario party 4 also featured some new modes like the Extra Game Room where you could play some extra

minigames & boards, the game also featured the same 8 characters from Mario Party 3 and introduced Presents" where the player in story mode earned birthday presents” from playing
opponents in story mode.
Mario Party 4 is truly a blast to play! and to whoop your friends at or just plain have fun!

"Mario Party 5" the 5th installment in the Mario Party Series, and the second for the Nintendo Gamecube, Mario Party 5 was released in 2003, and features all-new modes like super duel mode” where players drive a car, and customize it” with weapons wheels ect,
the game also features 7 boards to play on like Toy Dream where players roam around a giant toy themed board to collect stars & coins.

The game also introduces a new way to play story mode”
where players go around a shortend version of the party board, and beat the koopa kids, and save each dream from Bowser” Mario Party 5 also includes some new characters such as Toad, Boo, & Koopa Kid” Either way, Mario Party 5 is a total blast! and fun for the entire family.

"Mario Party 6" is the 6th Installment in Nintendo's Mario Party Series” and released in 2004, the game features New Boards, Minigames, and the Addition of Toadette! and a new feature lets you party during the night & collect stars & coins, and each board has a different way to play” such as stomping opponents & stealing they're stars” or trying to reach DK at his boat either way, its a cool new way to play & have fun” with friends.

"Mario Party 7" is the 7th Installment of the Mario Party Series, released in 2005 Mario Party 7 is a crown jewel to some mario party fans as it has 8-Player tag team mode,
where 8 players play in party mode in a tag team battle to collect the most stars & coins, the game also has a deluxe cruise mode” where players play minigames with 8 players”
Mario Party 7 also inroduces" Dry Bones & Birdo to the Mario Party Series.

The game features souvenir's” where players can use there mic to make them do something special after they've purchased them from the duty free shop”
 the game also includes a mic” where players can speak into a cheap microphone, and play minigames, make commands,  goomba's & Shyguys come out on the main menu, & have there souvenir do something special.
Mario Party 7 truly is a really” good Mario Party to play with friends, & just have a good time.

"Mario Party 8" is the 8th installment of the Mario Party Series” and the first on the Nintendo Wii” Mario Party 8 is to some fans where the series fell apart” and never thought the series would see another day” Mario Party 8 introduces new ways to play such as using the

new! Wii Remote to hit the dice by swinging up with the remote & tilting the “Wiimote” left & right to move an air plain in a minigame, Mario Party 8 features a lot of new ways to play, and controlls how you play” just not as good” Mario Party 8 features a total of 14 playable characters, and a ton new minigames to play! Mario Party 8 also introduces 2 new characters” to the Mario Party Series, Blooper & Hammer Bro” Mario Party 8 may not be the best Mario Party around but it's still fun if u got family around to play with & just have fun!.

"Mario Party 9" the recent intallment of the Mario Party Series, released on March 11th 2012, and the 9th installment in the series, Mario Party 9 features a ton of new ways to have fun & hang with friends” & family!

The game features a new party mode” where players travel all at once in a cool mario themed car around the boards to collect ministars and comeout on top!
The game” also alows you to purchase & use new cars to use on the boards,
the game features 12 playable characters & 3 new additional characters, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, & Kamek/Magikoopa.

This Mario Party runs in 720p” and has crisp clear graphics that are just great to look at, Mario Party 9 is a must have” if you have a Wii.

"Mario Party Advance" is a Mario Party hand held game for the Gameboy Advance” and does not count as part of the main console series, Mario Party  Advance” is the first, and only Mario Party for GBA” the game features gadgets” where players collect them for completing tasks on the boards, Mario Party advance may not be the brightest or best Mario Party around" but is fun to play when your bored, the game only features 4 playable characters, Mario, Luigi, Peach, & Yoshi” the game also features a super mario bros themed map where your in a car completing tasks on a big board map to earn gadgets & trying to work your way to bowser and beat the game.

"Mario Party DS" is the Second hand held in the Mario Party Series & last for now, released in 2007 for Nintendo DS, this game features features 7 playable characters! and 5 all-new boards like “wigglers garden” where you have to collect the most stars & win, and the game introduces “Bosses” into the series where at the end of the board” the player must beat a boss to move on to the next board, the game also inintroduces new ways to play such as tapping the DS Screen with the DS Sylis” and also by blowing in the “speaker” to make the character blow.

And thats my article on the History of Mario Party hope you guys enjoyed it for this was my first ever making an article.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012 by Wii U Gamer#19 »
Nintendo Gamer since (1995) and grew up playing game's over the years such as
 Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros 64, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Wii & More!  and own Nintendo Systems SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U & soon NES.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012 »
@RainbowJinx and Maxime - I don't want to have another guest article about a character going up, at least not after having one about Toadette and Yoshi. And I will only take one article on the subject, so whoever presents the better article will get the approval. And with character study articles, I would really like to see more opinion and less history. If I want a history lesson on the character, Mario Wiki is right around the corner.

@Wii U Gamer#19 - I don't want to be harsh, but I made it pretty clear in the first page. That is not a summary at all. What you have cannot be made into an article. There is no organization. There is no grammar, punctuation, structure, or anything. This is just a list of information. There is no way I can even consider this if you did not even read the first post.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• ca 
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012 »
@RainbowJinx and Maxime - I don't want to have another guest article about a character going up, at least not after having one about Toadette and Yoshi. And I will only take one article on the subject, so whoever presents the better article will get the approval. And with character study articles, I would really like to see more opinion and less history. If I want a history lesson on the character, Mario Wiki is right around the corner.
I heard he was probably ok with letting me do the article and expressing myself about my favorite character instead because he say he wasn't liking him as much as I do and since I want to express my like for him. Let's see what he will say... but even that way, it's like, reported... so at the moment, it's not the time at all to concentrate on it... I won't waste time to do something that will come in months, although I would like to do it... and I also don't know if I will have as much time too... but we will see...

Offline I'm Batman

• I am one with the Bat
  • au 
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012 »
i was reading Yoshiman222's article about Yoshi and found the link and was hoping to write my own here it is.

Mario Party 10: The Possibilities
I know where all here (or most of us) for Mario Party with having Mario Party 9 out for around 6 months for most regions we all are hoping this is a revival so with the revival we need to consider all the possibilities for Mario Party 10. More basic things like characters to more major like the new mode staying around. Hopefully i will get the Mario Party 10 conversation chirping around the website and have a good read.

That would be the start of the article. Is this a good start, good topic or is it to early to be thinking of Mario Party 10?
"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever." ―Joker
  Thanks eboyblue3

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012 »
Deciding to do another article, this time on the Paper Mario series.

Looking Back: Top Ten Paper Mario Bosses
Paper Mario: Sticker Star is coming this November. There are a lot of things to expect from this game: equipment, partners, enemies, and of course, bosses. Bowser Jr and Kamek would especially be an impact as this will be their first appearances as bosses.
Let's now look back at some bosses that really stood out from the past three games. For a boss to be on this list, it must play well and have some degree of memorability. Uniqueness is also a plus. Also no final bosses, for spoiler reason.
10. Francis
After bypassing the feline traps of Fort Francis, you finally face the geeky chameleon himself. The first thing that makes Francis stand out is the introduction before the boss fight. After placing the keys obtained by passing the SecuriMeow geek test on the kitty door, and agreeing to some nerd statements, Peach enters Francis's lair. After having a weird chat on Swoon.exe, Boomer activates and blows up the discussion. Francis then proceeds to battle the heroes.
The boss fight itself plays great. Francis has three attacks: a tongue attack, camera shots, and summoning MeowBombs. The tongue attack is neat in that if you get caught, you can shake out to break loose and suffer less damage. The MeowBombs are a nice touch to Francis's obsession with cats. The camera shots can be annoying, but they won't hurt you.
As a bonus, you can fight him again in Castle Bleck if you select him from the list of answers Mim-er Merlee gives you about your fears.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012 by RainbowJinx »

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • us 
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013 »
Whoops. Should have checked this sooner.

@Maxime - Are you still interested in doing that article about Koopa Kid?

@Baconfat23 - We have had quite a few "possibility" articles, so I would ask that you look for another topic.

@Tsukasa - If you are still up for it, I would love to have you write up a rough draft on the Top Ten Paper Mario Bosses. If you do, send it to me through PM.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013 »
Title: Super Mario Bros. 2: The Taboo of the Mario series
I wish to expand on this older article made earlier in a different way than here and compare it to another Mario game also considered to be a "different game", Super Mario Sunshine, so there may be some conflict there... (Will probably focus more on Super Mario Sunshine if I have too)
Title - Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Sunshine : The -something, something... still thinking of this part...

1st paragraph (Rough draft) -     Both Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Sunshine have been criticized straying away from how the original games in the Mario series played. While that's true how they both are different, that doesn't mean that they are terrible when compared to the main series! Along with their own unique ways to play, both games had also introduced new set of enemies, bosses, items, and locations that were never-before seen in Mario games, some even appearing in the later spin-off titles like Mario Kart, Mario Party, or even a game later in the Mario series itself. They also don't suffer from the same plot of Princess Peach being kidnapped again by Bowser from the start, and have their own unique stories with them as well. Besides - with the recent amount of Mario games being released in both 2D (New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. U) and 3D (Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Mario 3D Land) form with the same plot, enemies, and actions, doesn't it seem to be the time to get going with a brand-new kind of Mario game? Both games were remarkable in their own ways and had really stood out from all the other Mario games, despite how different they were from the rest of the games.

Reason - Going to list and compare both Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Sunshine (mostly listing similarities between then) how they "stand-out" when compared to the Mario games of the 2D and 3D Mario games. Also going on on some of my favorite changes about these from the other games, and why we should even get another game that "stands-out" like these two. (Too many Princess Kidnappings, for example... >_<)

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• ca 
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013 »
@Maxime - Are you still interested in doing that article about Koopa Kid?
Of course, I do! I would be really pround to finally be able to make it, after all that time! (Although, I will need some more time to work on it because I want this article to be impressive. And especially if it's about my favorite Mario Party character and that it's viewable on the site.)

Offline I'm Batman

• I am one with the Bat
  • au 
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013 »
I have another article. It's about the Mario game's that we could/will be seeing on he Wii U

Mario's Wii U World

Nintendo's newest console has been out for sometime now and with a new Nintendo console comes new Mario games and with new Mario games means even more Mario fun. The question left is, how will Nintendo use Mario on the Wii U?

Super Mario Wii U
Starting off with a big one. We know that we will see Super Mario Wii U at E3 as announced in the Nintendo Direct but where will we see Mario this time? What could Mario possibly be doing?

First we saw Mario at Princess Peach's Castle, next we travelled to the beautiful Isle Delfino and lastly we got a stunning galaxy for us to explore. This gives us three options to return to:- Mushroom Kingdom, an entirely new place or the universe. Mushroom Kingdom is Nintendo's safe way in. It's Mario's homeland but if Nintendo did chose Mushroom Kingdom would be complain about it being to safe. The entirely new place is a very creative one for Nintendo to pick. They can create a whole new world if they wanted to. Nintendo would just need to make the world be as unique as the Mushroom Kingdom is with very different areas and species. The last one is the Universe. Nintendo could allow us to travel through completely different dimensions in the Mario world. This is the only way I could think that Nintendo could choose the Universe if they did. One of my personal ideas is Mario traveling through time. Perhaps an Elderly Mario travels through time and takes Mario on a fascinating adventure to unknown lands. The only problem with this idea is it would be criticized for being to much like Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time

Paper Mario Wii U
Paper Mario is a long lasting series that has adored many fans and recently had another game, Paper Mario Sticker Star. Even if another Paper Mario has been released recently why can't we see another soon?

Another installment to Mario's paper thin world is not the big a stretch seeing as we've had one on every home console since the Nintendo 64 days. But how can Nintendo mix it up this time. We were given a very different change to the Paper Mario series with Super Paper Mario but do we want to see a Paper Mario like the modern ones? Or like the classic ones? In my opinion the classic way of Paper Mario would be a better go for Nintendo. I know they'll try to switch it up a bit but sometimes a game can be so great that it doesn't need changing. For all I care Nintendo could just create another story where we travel to seven differently themed worlds and Bowser's Castle with us collecting a group of highly powered stars and I'll buy the game. But what about Mario doing something different? Maybe Mario is collecting the stars to restore peace to the world because Bowser is using the Star Rod to brain-wash everyone but Mario managed to get away? Maybe a secret in Peach's Castle opens up after collecting seven disks and placing them into the numerous wholes in the secret room? Only time will tell.

Mario Sports
Why can't we see Mario out on those running shoes again for another round of sports? And don't forget the Winter Olympics in 2014 and the Summer Olympics in 2016. But before then why can't we see Mario putting on those running shoes and Peach putting back on her sports uniform? Perhaps we can see another Mario Sports Mix game with completely different sports?

One big question is if Nintendo decide to create another Mario sports game what sports can we see in it? Theirs always the big sports like Basketball, Tennis and even Golf that we have seen Mario play in his own game but why does that mean we can't get them all in one game? We might see Mario slamming that ball in Volleyball or Luigi dodging the balls in Dodgeball. If we do see Mario Sports Mix 2 how could it start. In the first the Toad's discovered crystals but maybe the referee Toad has a brainstorm while refereeing a game of Dodgeball. Well the Mario Sports franchise has been received well. So why can't Nintendo create us another Mario sports game

I can expand this and also have Super Smash Bros and some other franchises but I have to stop now. I would like to have an article of mine on the main site ;D
"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever." ―Joker
  Thanks eboyblue3

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • us 
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013 »
About time I made an update to this thing.

@Maxime - Any advancement?

@Baconfat/I'm Batman - I would really like to stop focusing on future/possibilities articles, but I will let this one slide. What you have is good, so please finish up your article and send me your rough draft through PM. :)

@Yoshiman - Ah, these are the kinds of articles I am looking for. Something interesting, creative, and something that someone may not have heard about. I would really like to stay out of speculation with these guest articles. Anyway, go ahead and send me a rough draft through PM. ;)

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013 »
Aware of the flurry of Mario news, I have taken it upon myself to write the Boo Bell's and Luigi's victory articles with some help, maybe. Before I start, could you give me some guidelines for subjects i.e. The basic human desire to steal in order to achieve self-gain, or an explanation for Luigi's sudden surge in popularity this year?
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• us 
Rough Draft: The Troublesome Boo Bell
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013 »
    In the Mario Party series, what could possibly be better than obtaining the ever-powerful Star? Having a whole bunch of Stars appear magically of course! While there's no item that will let you do that, in the second and third installments, the Boo Bell will give you coins or a Star wherever you want, but how did this little bell beat out the exotic Magic Lamp to become the favorite item of Mario Party 3? It took the extra step err, float to steal your opponent's possessions, in addition to satisfying our own self-gain. Plus, by further lengthening the distance between you and them,  you are even closer to winning, quenching your desires of victory even more.  Why is it replaced by Boo's Crystal Ball in Mario Party 4 you ask? Because it further satisfies our instinctive guilty pleasure of seeing those who dare oppose us suffer by showing Boo deprive the requested Star/coins from the target and crystal balls have a closer supernatural association, knowing that he will give it/them to you and that is just evil as King Boo himself.

The Fan-favorite items in question
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013 by Luigifan3DSGCN »
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• us 
Victory Article! Luigi: 2013's Famous Warrior
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013 »
Back in, January no one saw it coming; such an event would have been looked upon with sheer confusion and embarrassment, yet he still proved victorious. Even if it was by luck, his fans used to seeing him place second remained loyal to the end. It was a triumphant day for our hero. At that moment, a month before it became official, one thing was clear: The Year of Luigi had begun.

How does this not sound too good to be true?

Luigi has almost always been a fan-favorite, but 2013 couldn't have been better for him; with Luigi's Mansion: 2/ Dark Moon's release date of March 24, finally on the way, the hype alone made sure Luigi's popularity peaked its way up with Mario fans in a way that hadn't been seen since November 2001 when the first one came out: the game that truly transformed Luigi from handsome palette swap into the complex character he is today. That same anticipation also had the power to secure Luigi's victory in "Super Mario Survivor 4: Favorite Mario Kart Wii Characters", but before we get to the rest of The Year of Luigi, just how does the Mushroom Dynamite fare on the racetrack?

Well, in the Mario Kart series, one of Luigi's popular catchphrases is, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!" He actually does have great status and is a powerful force for a Middleweight known especially for his traction.

Because just having to have 5 different racetracks, a giant sunshade in the shape of your own hat, a balloon, blimps, and signs with your face on it, and a giant gold statue of yourself in addition to only the best mansion and repeatedly referring to yourself as the best and the sport as "Luigi Kart" on multiple occasions isn't being narcissistic at all. Luigi clearly means business.

In addition to his exceptional talent for an All-rounder, another detail racers like about Luigi is how his personality shines through even when driving his karts. When he wins, he's both excited and surprised, like the player him or herself at times. Luigi also cries when he loses and when he's hurt. These emotions not only make the player empathize with him in his own unique way, but are also responsible for some of the best voice acting in the series and at the very least a lot of laughs. Overall, Luigi's a racer who can both strive on the track and make you smile. What more could you ask for in a racing game?

Also, a Super Smash Brothers poll recently concluded and the normally timid Luigi fought his way straight to the top, placing second only to the infinitely powerful copying Kirby. He has exceptionally developed jumping powers and powerful moves like his Forward Smash and the Super Jump Punch and for those who like his traits, there's always the Sissy Slap, his humorous and sometimes almost uniquely dangerous taunts, and that his "Fanfare" crowd only consists of two or three people.

Back to 2013,when Luigi's Mansion: 2/Dark Moon was released, it received almost universal acclaim by reviewers and award givers alike, continues to be best-seller, and transformed the franchise's status from cult classic to instant classic. In fact, many critics mentioned how this 3DS masterpiece is the way to properly begin the Year of Luigi by delivering the charm only Luigi can; it has won at leat one Game of the Year award. New Super Luigi U,the first Super Mario game to include only Luigi, along with Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, in which Luigi plays a much larger role, Mario Party: Island Tour, and Super Mario 3D World, which is quite looking to be one of the best games of all time all released this year. 3D World even contains a bonus game: a version of the original Mario Bros. game called Luigi Bros. Not only does it pay homage to Luigi's first appearance, but there are also two Luigis, one with his current appearance and that of him back in the NES days, now known as Fire Luigi. Even the 31st has something: Luigi's first appearance in a sub-series with no reference to him at all except for one artwork: Dr. Luigi; and he seems just as capable as Mario.He's also been fancilly announced in Super Smash Bros. for WiiU and 3DS! Just imagine if all of these games come out with a similar warm reception in the long-run that Dark Moon did . All of these experiences bring with them special merchandise and other promotional benefits. Luigi has been quite the subliminal focus at Nintendo related events, catalogs, and system bundles; there's a digital card and physical yearbook ready for fans to read right now and let's not forget Chicago's "L Train" brightly adorned with pictures of Luigi and his colors! Luigi even has an official Nintendo-liscenced viral video going for him in the form of "Finding Luigi: Legend of Parkour" which has proven quite popular and became the first Nintendo character (Along with Mario of course) to have a Wii remote with his colors. The Year of Luigi is undeniably the most love Nintendo has ever given to a promotion and individual character hands down, but, as we all know, sometimes, even in seemingly perfect times, tragedy has no mercy; and while most events were out of Nintendo's happy-go-lucky realm, the death of Jack Westelman (also known as Danny Wells) who played and voiced Luigi in the Super Mario Bros. Super Show in November saddened fans to their core, but the joys he and his character years ahead of his time, closely resembling the one here today, continue to be in our hearts, always.

Some wonder what will happen to Luigi after the 2014 Ball Drop. Despite the initial sadness, his appeal will be kept. Does our love affair with the color green itself suddenly cease after St. Patrick's? No. Did people just stop loving Mario, Kirby, Zelda, and Metroid after their 20th anniversaries? Again, that would be wrong. If anything, The Year of Luigi opens a window and lets the beautiful aroma of his flowers that he spent his entire career carefully growing reach, and therefore appeal to, a larger audience: Fans who already can't get enough of Nintendo's dreamy, comical, poster boy can rejoice and embrace their love and those who are unaware can begin to fully understand and admire the character. In addition, Luigi is ready to shine in games like Mario Kart 8, Mario Golf: World Tour, which is set to have a "Luigi-only" mode, Super Smash Bros, and a whole lot more, considering it has been confirmed that products and activities featuring Luigi will continue into the next year.

Top Left: Looks like the guy's got vigor brio after all. Center: Any female with no active reason to like Luigi should take one look at this image and many others like it, like the one right above it.

Even with the next year upon us, Luigi is still a clear fan-favorite who's destined to be influential and continue to gain new fans for each new generation to come. Happy 2013 and many more years, Luigi!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014 by Luigifan3DSGCN »