Author Topic: Guest Articles!  (Read 14034 times)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
Guest Articles!
« on: July 05, 2012 »
Welcome to a new series on Mario Party Legacy that grants the readers and Forum members a chance to express their thoughts on various topics regarding the Mario series.

Our first guest article was just published on the main site by Forum member Toadette! If you have a topic you would like to write about, write up a paragraph or so detailing your topic and article, and we will move on from there. All you need to do is post your paragraph in this topic and I will PM you details about what you need to do next, what you need to fix, or if it isn't an article MPL would be interested in running.

You can see Toadette's article here:
Toadette: Forgotten Fungal Friend of the Past

Offline Gengar

• is a real life Gengar.
  • Gengar > Boos
  • gb 
Re: Guest Articles!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012 »
Title: Super Mario Bros. 2: The Taboo of the Mario series

This article would be about why Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) is so underrated. It would also explain why I think it is a really good game that has been terribly overlooked.

Extract: Every game series has a black sheep, for Sonic: it was Sonic unleashed. Most people tend to consider that Super Mario Bros. 2 is the black sheep of the Mario series. Here's what the fanboys say:

-It was a rip off of Doki Doki Panic
-It had the same game engine
-Bowser wasn't the main enemy or featured in the game at all
-Vegetables were the main power-up
-Mario had HEARTS, not lives
-You could play as peach AND Toad

There are many other reasons, but those are the main ones.

I disagree with ALL of them! Sure, it was different, but it doesn't mean it was really bad. It has it's flaws but they're not CRITICAL! at all.
etc. etc.

That would be the opening paragraph of my article.
     gifs

Offline nintendofan10039

• The skeleton of power!
  • me & my family at video games live in costume
  • ca 
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012 »
I could do a little one on how video games have been developing(NES to Wii U)...You could read the rough draft and make sure that it is appropriate for the main site.  Thanks

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012 »
@TheAntiGuy  -  Sounds great! The topic is definitely one to be explored, and I see a lot of potential in where the article can go. Go ahead and get a rough draft going and PM me when you are done. We will work on editing and everything else there.

@nintendofan10039  -  I'm going to need a little more on what exactly you will be writing about. What is the point of your article, and what message are you trying to get across? What do you plan to talk about and when? Stuff like that. Get that in paragraph form please.

Offline Gameguy1996

• us 
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012 »
I could do on the history of mario and how video games would be different with out him.

Thanks DJ Swangler

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012 »
If you have a topic you would like to write about, write up a paragraph or so detailing your topic and article, and we will move on from there.

Guys, if you want me to take you seriously, you need to read the directions. I need a good paragraph so I know what your article is about. Take a look at TheAntiGuy's post for a good example.

Offline Gameguy1996

• us 
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012 »
Title:The History of Mario

The article would be about mario games and how they could not have ever been made.

Intro:Mario has starred in many games over the years but did you know he allmost was never made.Shigeru Miyamoto the creater of mario wanted to make the game Donkey Kong,useing the American cartoon characters Popeye,Olive Oyl, and Bluto as the three characters in the game.Due to licensing issues Nintendo was never able to secure the rights to the iconic cartoon characters and they had to create their own in-house cast so miyamoto made the video game star we know and love toady mario.

I will also talk about how if Popeye was playable in all the games in place of mario if people would like it  and how they would be different.

and also if nintendo would do as good with Popeye as their star over mario.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012 by gameguy1996 »

Thanks DJ Swangler

Offline 1056kirby

• us 
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012 »
I heard you thought I was a good writer, so I thought I would write an article.

Ok...here I go...

Title: The Iconic History of Mario's Music

Subject: My take on the music of Mario games, from the chiptune days of Super Mario Brothers and Donkey Kong, to the new age sounds of New Super Mario Brothers and Super Mario Galaxy, and what is unique about every popular Mario soundtrack.

Beginning: Everybody knows the game has had some amazing soundtracks, from Super Mario Brothers, to Super Mario Galaxy. Every soundtrack in the Mario series' lifetime has been unique in some way, but I never heard anyone say what's so special about them, so I thought I would tell you what makes these soundtracks truly special.

I would write more, but I don't really want to write the whole thing before anything is decided.
WAZ AHP!

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012 »
I got butterflies! This my chance to write about Plum and how a character like her should be rememberd fondly and how she won the heart of a young boy.

I will write my paragraph tomorrow! I have passion for this so I hope it's good.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012 by ★Jet Plum Radio★ »

Offline Yi

• Yoo! Heya, guys! :)
  • gb 
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012 »
I made one on A rumour of the Wii U's realese date to be hold back in the Wii U topic if anyone wan'ts to have a looksee I could do one on that I you wan't me too for the main site?

Here is the link  here!

http://mariopartylegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=10291.0

The paragraph is in the link !
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012 by Ieuan Bird »
I'm 15 and I'm gay and that's all I can really say, so, hiya, luvs! :D

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012 »
Plum: Pigtailed Golfer

An article about how Plum is still remembered fondly to this day and how she should continue to be remembered.

Extract: At first glance Plum may seem like nothing special. She was created to be a one-off generic golfer, but there is so much more. There is something likeable about Plum and people remember her after all these years because of it. Plum has a magic to her simplicity and it's not just the fact she was easy to use in Mario Golf on the Nintendo 64. Something is there pulling you in. It's easy to assume that Plum was never actually created to be like this. Plum was created to fill a position that Mario games lacked at the time. Just a generic golfer to have in the game to pass by the fact the Mario series lacked humans, but Plum grew into something much more than that. Plum became a character that people who played the game remembered. She is not yet forgotten by Nintendo either thanks to her recurring appearance in the Super Smash Bros. games. I do honestly think Plum should be back into Mario games, but there is always that fear that they could mess things up and it would ruin her character. Plum's simple sweet voice and the smile she always wore could always make a person smile, even if they just got a triple bogey.

It might need some grammatical editing (dang commas and stuff)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012 by ★Jet Plum Radio★ »

Offline Yi

• Yoo! Heya, guys! :)
  • gb 
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012 »
Don't worry about my artical I found out that the rumour is false so I won't need to create a artical sorry for the hubahd
I'm 15 and I'm gay and that's all I can really say, so, hiya, luvs! :D

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012 »
Title - What will become of Yoshi?

1st paragraph (Rough draft) -     Yoshi is a dinosaur created to be Mario and Luigi's ally as they searched for Princess Peach in the first Super Mario World game. After that, Yoshi's popularity has grown, after popping up in a lot of spin-off games, some of the main games, and ultimately getting his very own series as well. As Yoshi's popularity continues to grow, what will become of him in the future? So far, his own series hasn't been getting too many new games, and he's mostly appearing in some of the spin-off titles and the console New Super Mario Bros. games. We know he could have his own Nintendo Land mini-game based on the symbols shown for each game, one looking particularly like a Yoshi egg, but what about in other games? Yoshi never had his own console game since Yoshi's Story on the Nintendo 64, and not even a game in his series since Yoshi's Island DS 6 years ago. Is Yoshi falling back down to the standards of characters like Toad, appearing in some spin-offs and main-games as minor-roles?

Reason - I'm going to look into Yoshi as he's advanced in his own series as well as Mario's - as well as try to predict the future of Yoshi and his series.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • us 
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012 »
@gameguy - You have a really interesting topic that I think would do great for an article, but your sentence structure and punctuation is a problem. I can't give you the green light if this is how the article will look like. If you still want to do the article, please redo your submission.

@1056kirby - Looks like the article has kind of been done: http://mariopartylegacy.com/2012/08/the-music-of-mario/
I don't think you have to completely move away from this topic, just find an aspect of Mario music that isn't discussed in the article by Madstarr.

@ Plum - I think you are good for writing the article, but I'm a little worried that you might not have enough to write about. If you are confident that you have plenty to say, then I think you are good to go. Oh, and since you aren't here anymore and you still want to do the article, let me know through email or something. :P

@Yoshiman222 - At first glance I thought this was going to simply be an article describing Yoshi. I think there is a lot of potential here for a good article. Going into Yoshi throughout the years, changes in his character, his rise in popularity, and his future are all things that can be discussed. Get working on a rough draft and send it to me through PM. I will work on editing and getting the article up! ;)

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012 »
Koopa Kid: Replaced by Bowser Jr?
Rough Draft (Paragraph 1): Koopa Kid. The forgotten minion of Bowser specifically created as his assistant in the Mario Party series. He has deemed unpopular, as you saw in the results of the first Super Mario Survivor. He had no major appearances in any of the main series whatsoever. Bowser Jr. debuted in Super Mario Sunshine in 2002 and has since then been commonly referred to as Bowser's second-in-command. However, Koopa Kid still remained in the Gamecube Mario Parties serving as Bowser's assistant, board host, and even became a playable character in 5 and 6. His final appearance to date was in 7 in 2005. When the Wii and DS arrived, Koopa Kid suddenly vanished, never to be seen again.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012 by RainbowJinx »