(Piranha Plant's) Pipe Wonderland

Pipe Wonderland (warp star).json

Pipe Wonderland (happening star).json4.42MB
Filesize: 4.42MB  Views: (393)  Downloads (235)  
Description: Note: The first file replaces the happening bonus star with a warping bonus star, awarded to the player who uses the warp pipes the most!
If you want to play with the classic happening bonus star, choose the second file!

It's not a MPL Board Contest without Spongyoshi! After getting a draw for first place in the last one, I've decided to give everything I've got and worked real hard on my fourth entry and I proudly present to you, Piranha Plant's Pipe Wonderland! Or Pipe Wonderland for short. (Formerly known as Piranha Plant Pipeline) Based on Piranha Plants and also Pipe Land from SMB3!

Central Gimmick
This board has a fresh gimmick to the series, Warp pipes!
Warp pipes are connected in pairs of a blue pipe and a yellow pipe.
If a blue pipe takes you to a yellow pipe, then that same yellow pipe takes you to that same blue pipe.
The whole strategy is to remember which pipe leads to which.
Not only are they the only way (without skeleton keys) to go to the other side, but also one yellow pipe leads to a dangerous island!
Please note that if you take a warp pipe in reverse, you will exit the warp pipe from the front and keep going forward.

Naval Piranha
However, if you want to ruin someone's warping plan, go pay Naval Piranha a visit on the center of the map!
For the little price of 10 coins, you can shuffle around the pipe connections!
This will randomly change which pipe leads to which so use that at your advantage!

The Piranha Quintet
But that isn't the only trick those plants got up their sleeves, we haven't covered happening spaces yet!
Every turn, a different variety of Piranha Plants show up from the orange pipes, there's 5 different plants!
- Naval Buds: Like their boss, Naval Piranha, they will shuffle the pipe connections, but this time without your involvement.
- Spiny Piranha: Those plants don't like company, they will wack you to another space if you bother them!
- Fire Piranha: Don't freeze or you'll be mistaken as a target and 10 of your coins will be turned to ashes! Pray you get a misfire and only loose 5!
- Proto Piranha: That monster loves to soil other people. If you are it's victim, you won't be able to roll more than 3 in your next turn!
- Nipper Plant: They start a rain of nipper spores that will take 5 coins of your opponents, although sometimes it can start a 5 coins rain instead!

And that's all from me, hope you enjoy this board!! This took WAY too long to make and you can see the board's progression and changes during the development process in the last board pic!

Special Thanks:
- My sister for the amazing work on the different backgrounds!
- Airsola for being amazingly helpful with helping me understand the coding of custom events!
- StrongCrocodile, Luggy and TiringCoyote for trying out the beta version with me!
It wouldn't be possible without all of you!

Posted by: Spongyoshi September 29, 2019, 02:09:37 PM

Rating: ***** by 1 members.

Related Downloads
Callie's Piranha Pit

Rating: (None)
Downloads: 548
Views: 323
Date: February 19, 2018, 01:57:30 PM
Comments (0)
By: TheRealMew
Callie's Piranha Pit

Rating: (None)