6 (25%)
Mario Kart 7
3 (12.5%)
Mario Kart 8
5 (20.8%)
Mario Kart Arcade (series)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Favorite Mario Kart?  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
Favorite Mario Kart?
« on: February 19, 2015 »
Well, if I were to pick 3, they would be Wii, 7, and 8.
Favorite: Mario Kart 8
2nd Favorite: Mario Kart Wii
3rd Favorite: Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart Wii has great controls, and I would be super happy to get Mr. Bean's CTGP pack, but every time I try I fail.  :( In my opinion, MKWii had the best character roster. It was also very memorable to do he Coconut Mall glitch and much more!
Mario Kart 7 introduced two new mechanics: the glider and underwater racing. The tracks were somewhat interesting with good wifi and a decent roster, but could've been better. There were some major glitches, but were removed in wifi.
Mario Kart 8 is my favorite Mario Kart. It introduced the anti-gravity mechanic, which made the game more fun. It also brought back vehicle customization from MK7, along with gliders and underwater racing. The tracks were very creative, with a unique twist to each one. There is also a hue glitch called edge clipping, which I really like. Good thing there's no MAJOR shortcuts! The wifi and tournaments has improved, with a good VR system. Also, there is DLC which has interesting tracks; there will be 8 more coming in May; we only know 2 of them! Sadly, the character roster could use some major improvement, having a lack of some of my favorite characters.

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Colyton

• ca 
Re: Favorite Mario Kart?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015 »
Unfortunately, still haven't played MK8, so I cannot say how much I will like it. Though, for now it's definitely Mario Kart: Double Dash. That game was simply just madness and craziness. I only have great memories from that game. Yes, it did not have wi-fi, it did not have retro-tracks and it did not have the great graphics that we can have now. Though, it had the fun and great moments. It had a great soundtrack and some of my all-time favorite tracks (Baby Park anyone?, simple, short, but action packed). Also two characters on a car? One of the greatest feature from any Mario Kart game. Also, it had the adorable Petey Pirahna... like literally, I love it haha. I don't think I ever had as much fun with any other MK as I did with MK:DD.

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015 »
Unfortunately, still haven't played MK8, so I cannot say how much I will like it. Though, for now it's definitely Mario Kart: Double Dash. That game was simply just madness and craziness. I only have great memories from that game. Yes, it did not have wi-fi, it did not have retro-tracks and it did not have the great graphics that we can have now. Though, it had the fun and great moments. It had a great soundtrack and some of my all-time favorite tracks (Baby Park anyone?, simple, short, but action packed). Also two characters on a car? One of the greatest feature from any Mario Kart game. Also, it had the adorable Petey Pirahna... like literally, I love it haha. I don't think I ever had as much fun with any other MK as I did with MK:DD.
Yeah, but the reason I didn't vote for it was because I've never played it. I like how it's very unique, with the characters and special items.  :)

Offline NathanBros

• Awesome plumber
  • br 
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015 »
Just have played three versions, of those my favorite is Double Dash of Gamecube. Hope have the opportunity to play newer versions, they look awesome !
"I used to be addicted to soap, but I'm clean now."
My blog: VST Plugins Free Download

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015 »
Super Mario Kart
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mario Kart 64

Mario Kart Super Circuit

Mario Kart Double Dash!

Mario Kart DS

Mario Kart Wii
Spoiler: Huge rant (click to show/hide)

Mario Kart 7

Mario Kart 8 - I've been wanting to say this for a while now, and I've probably missed a few things. xP
Spoiler:  Huge Rant (click to show/hide)

Mario Kart Arcade (series)

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015 »
double dash

second would be ds and third would be 64 i guess
hey

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015 »
Toblet, I agree with most of it.
MKWii had the best roster because of Funky Kong, Daisy, and other great characters. In my opinion, it was the most glitch, especially in Maple Treeway and Coconut Mall. MKWii wifi brought me some very memorable experiences, especially on May 19th, the last day I played MKWii online. (Community Night) To this day, I still watch that video. I also love those extras, like doing wheelies by your friends and doing tracks backwards. As said before, I've been trying for hours trying to get custom tracks, but I fail every time.  :(
MK7 had a decent roster, with new mechanics. I liked the vehicle customization and the glitches, but some of them got removed from wifi. The battle mode as decent, but could've been better. Overall, the tracks were very creative.
MK8 is my favorite of all time. I understand what you say; these days I do mostly wifi.  :-\ I think the wifi has improved and I love the tournaments. In my opinion, the biggest flaw in this game is obviously the roster. As you said, there are 4 Marios, 4 Peaches, 5 Babies, and 7 Koopalings! This adds up to 18 characters, half the roster! If I were to do the roster, I would bring back Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr, and even Birdo. Even some new characters like Kamek would be a great fit; this would make up for him being cancelled from MK64! The tracks are very unique, and I'm excited for the new DLC tracks! And also the battle mode concept is great, but there NEEDS to be more tracks that are not in the game!
I liked the Mario Kart Arcade game, but it was a bit hard to play. I would guess that they had those in the UK, maybe?

Offline brady23

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015 »
Mario Kart Wii - love the split between bikes & karts, not only did they include 16 new stages, they had 16 retro stages that I loved - seeing the transition from before to after is amazing.

And online play is everything! Seriously, I invested so much time in that game to get 8500 points haha.

Offline Lorenzo The Comic

• us 
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015 »
Super Mario Kart

Mario Kart Wii

Mario Kart Arcade GP 1& 2 (it is possible to emulate these two games)

Offline Zympherior

• Outsider that reached Fantasy
  • "You shouldn't underestimate humans these days."
  • mx 
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015 »
Either Mario Kart 7 or Mario Kart Wii.

MK7 is the best portable game and the only one with online. It also introduced Lakitu into the MK universe, and I like that. :P (I prefer portable games over console ones.)

I still have to play either Double Dash!! or Mario Kart 8, so I have decided for MKW here. I love the 12 player online and how fast and exciting online races are. (If there's no cheaters that is :P) And it's not part of the game, but I really love the CT mods some hackers made for the game. It made it more fun and less repetitive to play.
Look, look with your special eyes...