Author Topic: Music you think is overrated?  (Read 7991 times)

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
Music you think is overrated?
« on: December 13, 2012 »
I find MM2 Wily Stage 1 to be one piece of music that I think is overrated.

Offline Colyton

• ca 
Re: Music you think is overrated?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012 »
Well, I could make a huge list in here, but I will restrict to Gangnam style only. There is so much good music for parties, but that's what everyone knows...

Offline I'm Batman

• I am one with the Bat
  • au 
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013 »
Nearly all of the songs you'll find in iTunes Top Charts is what I absolutely hate. However some of them are ok
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013 by Baconfat23 »
"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever." ―Joker
  Thanks eboyblue3

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013 »
All pop music.

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013 »
I personally find some music of the metal and rap genres to be overrated. Mainly because I'm not really fond of those genres. Some of that music is good though.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013 »
All rap.

It isn't even really music when you think about it, or much singing at that point!

Offline EviSean

• england 
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013 »
Indie rock, it all sounds wank.

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013 »
All rap.

It isn't even really music when you think about it, or much singing at that point!

Music doesn't have to include singing, you know.

The definition of music, according to the dictionary is "The art or science of combining vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion" and "The vocal or instrumental sound produced in this way."

So what part of rap does that not have?

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013 »
I personally find some music of the metal and rap genres to be overrated. Mainly because I'm not really fond of those genres. Some of that music is good though.

boom toasted
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013 »
All rap.

The definition of music, according to the dictionary is "The art or science of combining vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion" and "The vocal or instrumental sound produced in this way."

All of it, unless you're saying that anything is music.
I sense no harmony or beauty from any of this, and the only emotion that comes from it is the plain noise coming from the person's mouth or the small background music during that (which I find is next to nothing)... or maybe the odd chance where they're actually singing and playing music instead of rap in the song there's something, but it's only for about 5 seconds anyways.

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013 »
All rap.

I sense no harmony or beauty from any of this, and the only emotion that comes from it is the plain noise coming from the person's mouth or the small background music during that (which I find is next to nothing)... or maybe the odd chance where they're actually singing and playing music instead of rap in the song there's something, but it's only for about 5 seconds anyways.

You officially have no room to talk as you clearly don't know what harmony or beauty is, nor have any knowledge of what it takes to actually make music.

Harmony - the use of simultaneous pitches (tones, notes), or chords. It involves chords and their construction with chord progressions and the principles of connection that govern them.

Perfect example in the video below. Notice how there is more than 5 second singing with a clear sense of rhythmic rapping.

Then, try not to sound like an idiot after you hear it.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013 »
All rap.

You officially have no room to talk as you clearly don't know what harmony or beauty is, nor have any knowledge of what it takes to actually make music.

Harmony - the use of simultaneous pitches (tones, notes), or chords. It involves chords and their construction with chord progressions and the principles of connection that govern them.

Perfect example in the video below. Notice how there is more than 5 second singing with a clear sense of rhythmic rapping.

Hrmm... you know what, this is actually the first piece of rap where there is something decent coming from it.
All the rap I've ever heard before was never like this, and I've heard so many ones.

Still, you still just assume the stupidest things.
Don't know what it takes to make music?
I make it on a daily basis through an actual thing that's suppose to play music.
aka - a piano

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013 »
All rap.

Hrmm... you know what, this is actually the first piece of rap where there is something decent coming from it.
All the rap I've ever heard before was never like this, and I've heard so many ones.

Still, you still just assume the stupidest things.
Don't know what it takes to make music?
I make it on a daily basis through an actual thing that's suppose to play music.
aka - a piano

Holy s***, you play piano. Good for you. So do many other rappers out there. You assuming that one entire culture of music isn't music is the direct definition of ignorance.

To stoop to your low-class gaming level, might I suggest this piece:

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013 »
It's funny because both me and Aegis know far more about music than you and you still try to say that rap isn't music. While you might not like it, it's still music.

Sadly, so is dubstep.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013 »
It's funny because both me and Aegis know far more about music than you and you still try to say that rap isn't music. While you might not like it, it's still music.

Sadly, so is dubstep.

Exactly. Pretty sure everyone here hates the Biebs but he does make music. It might be incredibly s***ty, but it's still music.