Author Topic: Superguard  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
Superguard
« on: August 12, 2012 »
In PM:TTYD, just as an enemy's attacks are about to hit, press B and you'll take no damage and deliver 1 damage to enemies who used contact attacks.

I've been able to superguard Goombas, Koopas, Paragoombas, Paratroopas, Craws, Puffs, Clefts, Dayzees, Swoopers, Rawk Hawk, X-Nauts, Lord Crump, Yuxes, and Doopliss with no problem. However, I can't superguard a Wizzerd's tickle.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012 by MQJinx »

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
Re: Superguard
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012 »
It's very nice to have a counter available, the fact that it repels all damage to you is amazing, and for some enemies as you listed it's very easy to pull off. But the timing is a pain for some odd attacks.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012 »
It's very nice to have a counter available, the fact that it repels all damage to you is amazing, and for some enemies as you listed it's very easy to pull off. But the timing is a pain for some odd attacks.
I agree with this. However, getting the timing done correctly is difficult, which is why I stick with normal guarding almost all the time rather than taking a risk.

Superguard is VERY useful when doing a 10HP run.

It's saved my ass many times when I did the 10HP run twice.
Try doing this in the Pit of the 100 Trials.

Offline Timmy

• ~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
  • ca 
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012 »
Superguarding is an amazing tactic, though some attacks I just can't do it against. XD

Also did you know you CAN'T superguard against Bonetail's bite attack? :p

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012 »
Didn't know that, but I still have yet to go against Bonetail, my next playthrough of the game'll be 100% for the first time so yeah.

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012 »
Superguarding is an amazing tactic, though some attacks I just can't do it against. XD

Also did you know you CAN'T superguard against Bonetail's bite attack? :p
No.
I can't seem to superguard lightning from anybody, either.