Author Topic: Advent Chaos - and the month(s?) before that  (Read 2694 times)

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
I remember this time period for silly ideas, getting banned by some hacker, $_$ and...
Spoiler: Sensitive text...? (click to show/hide)
..., and the forum crash.

The worst was Spam School and the 'Revolution', both things that we really could've done without. xp

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Advent Chaos - and the month(s?) before that
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011 »
Spam School was terrible, even though I successfully passed it.

The Revolution, I caught members (I was still banned at the time) from another forum, such as Ether and Count Caterpie planning a revolution against us and I notified TT on AIM and then he said, "PERMANENTLY BAN THESE PEOPLE!" Marioguy and Luigi4160 were also involved, but not as serious as Ether and CC.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011 »
Revolution was a load of bs in general, we don't need the fleshy stuff imo.

Now, since I wasn't able to log on early Dec, what happened before the spectacular crash?

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011 »
Revolution was a load of bs in general, we don't need the fleshy stuff imo.

Now, since I wasn't able to log on early Dec, what happened before the spectacular crash?
TT and Cookieboy17 were admins. A lot of members spammed and broke rules and ended up banned. It was literally almost like just the staff remaining.

But later, a crash occurred on Saturday, December 13, 2008, where cookieboy17 was trying to upgrade or something, but some accident happened with the url as cookieboy17 was trying to put in the "sexy" part in, and this led to the crash. All the posts, boards, everything had letters to "s," "h," "t," or "i." And then that made it easy for the hackers to come in and hack, and banned a lot of the members, even cook and H-J. When SZ returned, he found out that cookieboy17 was responsible for the whole thing, and later, banned Ryan because it was cookieboy17 in disguise. He also didn't like cookieboy17 as an admin, but now, cookieboy17 is an admin again, just hope cookieboy17 doesn't fail SZ, otherwise, you know...

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011 »
VIVA LA REVOLUTION!
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011 »
Ahh, Spam School, you taught me so much. Like never to make a Spam School again.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011 »
I don't know what happened in Spam School.

STORY TIME
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011 »
I don't know what happened in Spam School.

STORY TIME
So Spam School was SZ's brilliant idea where if we had a member who spammed too much, they would get sent to a board called spam school. You couldn't see any other boards until you passed. I believe there were 3 different tests, I really don't remember cause I never helped with it. I remember TT would check those tests on occasion and H-J might've too but I know I never did.

And, as you could tell, not only did it not help the members' spam problems it was just stupid. :P
rip dinosaur

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011 »
I can see half the members being stuck there in purgatory because no one remembered to check. :P

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011 »
Spam School was too easy to pass, anyway. It had you to reply to a post about the artwork, even though there was no artwork, and learn whether or not to reply or how to deal with a spam post, and you had to create two topics, each different subjects, and in the post, you had to provide sufficient detail.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011 by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011 »
Oh yeah, you had to make topics and make replies to posts, such bs haha
rip dinosaur