Author Topic: Mario Party 6  (Read 2649 times)

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
Mario Party 6
« on: July 30, 2015 »
I don't own this game! But I've seen a stream of it, so i'll talk about what I've seen in it:

Faire Square is a luck based board with the amount of coins you have to spend changing day and night. During the day, it's always 20, but during the night, it can cost between 10 to 40 coins. There's this Jackpot thing where you can pay 10 coins at day and double at night to get even more coins if you match three symbols. At the top, there's a mini event where at day, everyone puts 10 coins in and someone gets all of it. At night, you have to put in stars, so this event can really shake up the game. And there's a minigame to the right of the board where you can put in a star to get even more stars if you can find it under a shell(Like the 1p minigame in Mario Party 1). Overall, this looks like a decent board, and i'd rate it 7/10.

The day and night system is also kinda cool. What you do in the minigames depends on what time of day it is. The coin star is retired in this game, which sucks, but what came in it's place was the "Orb Star," which was awarded to the person that bought/used the most orbs. And Happening star was renamed to Action star.

I think i'll get this game when I get enough money for it. What does everyone else think?
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
Re: Mario Party 6
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015 »
This one looks fun as all hell. Hopefully i'll be able to get it soon.
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015 »
Ah Mario Party 6. That's one of my favorite Mario Parties. Well second favorite. I liked the day/night system, it makes the boards/mini-games more interesting even if a fair number of mini-games just change aesthetically it's still a nice feature. Some of the best music in the series in my opinion, I like most of the music. They fit the mini-games well.

You can really score a ton of stars in Faire Square and a Mario Party mic helps quite a bit. It allows you to manipulate the price of stars at night, 5 coins per star is desirable. It's entirely possible to get away with over 20 stars in a night if you have the coins and get lucky with Super Shroom dice rolls. My favorite board is Castaway Bay though, Faire Square is nice but I like how Castaway Bay is like Mario's Rainbow Castle from the very first Mario Party.

I enjoyed the mini-game modes and Speak Up. I just dislike Endurance Alley though.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline HerbertMcHoover

• The Elephant with a Drum
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015 »
Get this game if you haven't already! Minigames are good, boards continue to improve and the day/night mode was always a blast. Should have returned sometime in the next few games.

Offline DiddyKongDerp

• That guy over there
  • History Jokes: The Oldest Jokes in the Book
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015 »
You should get it!
It's my personal favorite Mario Game. Love the orbs, the boards are good and the minigames are probably the best in the series. However, the Night & Day system is...eh. Alright.(imo)

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015 »
One of my favorites Mario Party games personally! At least my favorite on the GCN  :P
The minigames are good and i like all the boards! :D (Even if im not a fan of the chomp one..)
Also,the day night system is awesome  :P