Author Topic: Worst 21st Century Mario Game?  (Read 7920 times)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
Re: Worst 21st Century Mario Game?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015 »
I liked the Olympics... I even used it in a class project once! (don't ask like I know you will, Bowser498  :P)
*asks*
Uhhhhhhhh why would you use a video game in a project? :P (jk)

Srsly, CTQ did a book report on Console Wars, but needed some visual aids. "Now, Nintendo and SEGA are allies, working together in newer games" is a perfect line. (Got an A- on that so it was good)
Oh wow :)

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015 »
I have to agree with the Olympic games being some of the worst Mario games in the 21st century. The first few were fun for awhile but I found collecting the medals and emblems for every character tedious so I eventually stopped, the Wii version for the 1st games wasn't that great either, some frustrating motion controls. The later games aren't too different unfortunately. Some nice things but a lot of Mario games are better.

Mario Party 10 honestly felt rushed and didn't improve the formula Mario Party 9 created. It seems to lack a title screen unlike all the others, the closest thing is that startup screen. It has some nice stuff but the whole game mostly feels very dull, especially amiibo Party.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015 »
Oh, crap. I almost forgot about Mario Party 8. That game was pretty damn bad as well, and Mario Kart: Super Circuit wasn't that good either.
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2015 »
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Mario Party 8
New Super Mario Bros Wii

Edit: I originally said something else, but I can't remember exactly what. Something like MP9 and 10, MP:IT and Paper Mario Sticker Star were games I was gonna skip cause they don't convince me.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015 by Colyton »

Offline Yoshi5465

• us 
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2015 »
Mario Party 8 and more so Mario Party 10 are both pretty awful games. The Olympic series is pretty bland also. There is no real need to make 3 Summer Olympic ones...

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015 »
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - just a rehash of the first 1 with little to no relevant changes
Mario Party 9 - car mode was poorly executed and luck reign supreme

That's all i can name for right now.

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2015 »
Accj, why did you modify my post? If you didn't agree with my opinion, then okay, but modifying my post was unnecessary.

Offline Accj21

• Teamwork makes the meme work
  • Purple is my new favorite color
  • us 
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2015 »
Accj, why did you modify my post? If you didn't agree with my opinion, then okay, but modifying my post was unnecessary.

Oh! I'm so so sorry. I meant to make that a different post. Very sorry.

Offline ImpaDude

• ImpaDude
  • Hyrule Hero, and an Enemy Executer
  • us 
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015 »
Mario Pinball Land

Offline DiddyKongDerp

• That guy over there
  • History Jokes: The Oldest Jokes in the Book
  • us 
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2015 »
I have a couple...

Mario Party 9 & Island Tour: I hate these games. I'm too used to the original Gameplay 1-DS had. Heck, I even liked MP8 more than these games!
Mario Hoops 3-on-3: Hard when trying to get 100%. You basically need 200 more points than the opposing team to get anything. Which is harder than you think...
Mario Kart 7: Honestly, I admit, it's a good game. But the only reason I hate it is because the Roster...the roster is just PAINFUL to look at...

Offline Accj21

• us 
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2015 »
Mario Kart 7: Honestly, I admit, it's a good game. But the only reason I hate it is because the Roster...the roster is just PAINFUL to look at...

I totally forgot about how awful MK7 was. Boring new tracks, miserable roster, and none of the glitches are very intresting. (Fun glitches usually means a fun game)

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015 »
I never got what the hate for MP8 was.
It's one of my favourite Mario Party games.

Offline Accj21

• us 
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2015 »
I never got what the hate for MP8 was.
It's one of my favourite Mario Party games.
This^

It's my #1 MP game.

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2015 »
I think Dark Boo explained it best.

Mario Party 8 graphics are mediocre because really the game wasn't meant to be on a Wii. Hell, the debug menu is based on the Gamecube controller. I think that they did a bad execution there because they knew the GC was dying out therefore they slapped MP8 on the Wii.

The motion controls will make you want to kill someone. I never had a problem with the infamous "Flip the Chimp" but I understood how the game's motion controls can become unresponsive. Also, there are so many taken from MP6 and MP7 files that they never deleted so its in the game's memory. We can just say that this game was not meant for the Wii.

The Board Maps are indeed dull and I can't stand them... Bowser's Orbit w/e the hell sucks so much ass as well! I'll give props by saying King Boo's board map was the one that had me planning and I felt was the most unique in that it requires strategy. Goomba's board map was just RIDICULOUSLY long and free stars will kill anyone's mood. You need not to win minigames and you can have around 10 stars once again free of cost. Overall each board map is very boring and competes with MP1 for the lackluster board maps (At least MP1 had a reason though #Noshade).

The candies ANNOYED THE F*** out of me! There were only a few and I found myself always buying Thrice or Slowgo. All of the other candies I don't mind but it renders useless and then the board maps make the cheap items broken. CashZap Candy was ridiculous in how anyone can get it randomly. They needed an over-abundance of items for the mechanic they were employing. MP7 was alright with the amount of orbs b/c of the mechanical basis of Orbs but the Candies involved another mechanical basis therefore needing more candies.

Story mode... let's not even talk about how dubious it is...

The mini-games, some were fun, some were torturous, and others were just "Get it over with". I like how the did the endings and beginnings to make it a bit more interactively approached but the minigames weren't necessarily my favorite either. I DID NOT LIKE how the Duel Minigames contained about 2/3'ths 4 player and Battle minigames. I just found that haphazardly lazy (Now I don't mind it if it was split but you compare the number of ACTUAL Duel Minigames to the total to get the percentage and then come back to me with a conclusion). The gimmicks in the minigames (Mostly carnival attired) fitted the theme but I found them to be bleh as well...

Spaces arrangement were so boring... always finding yourself landing on a Blue Space. DK Space / Bowser Space were minimalistic and really didn't help the person who landed on it unless its at a right position or if you were playing a certain stage. 9 times out of 10 you find yourself helping someone else when you land on the spaces. Only Board Map that I found cool with this is the King Boo one.

Choose another Mario Party to play basically, this s*** will have you put on the "Really b****" face!
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)