Author Topic: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games  (Read 43174 times)

Offline RobinFTW

• RWBY!
  • ca 
Re: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2015 »
We're not even sure Rosalina is coming in this game. The leak had no pictures of her, and we all know that text-only leaks are never (or extremely rarely) true. AND she can be a rival.
I'm not saying I don't want her, I just want to clarify.

And for Zazz, IMO he's probably a rival only. Why? Because he appeared in 2 games only (Sonic Lost World and Sonic Dash) and there is a lot of "better" (IMO) and more popular character than him, like Espio, Wave, Cream, Big, ect.

Here is my Sm4sh license:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2015 »
I agree with Luma Party. Rosalina is WAY too overrated in games---I honestly don't get why she is even playable in MARIO KART. No offense, but I hope Rosalina doesn't appear in this game, or else...
All she did was appear in the Super Mario Galaxy series and poof! She got to be in Mario Kart and MP10. Unacceptable.

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2015 »
Please no.
I don't like her.
Why can't you people just say this? Stop making up absolute BS.
Bowser Jr. made his debut in the Gamecube era after the main cast. By your definition he's "shoved into everything."
"But he made his debut before Rosalina, he deserves it!"
Are you ignoring the fact that Nabbit, a character made years after Rosalina, is shoved into a game of all-stars?
"But he's awesome. His debut was being playable in a Mainstream Mario game".
How about Diddy Kong not even being a Mario character?

Seriously just stop.
Japan got a 2-disc Mario Kart 8 soundtrack, and one had Mario on the cover, the other had Rosalina, the unlockable character.
Bowser Jr. has actually played a role in the Mario games, Rosalina had one big role in Galaxy, that's it.
Donkey Kong isn't a Mario character either, so he shouldn't be in the game?

Compare this to Daisy. Ignoring spinoffs, where is she relevant in the series?
Daisy is not relevant.
I've never been a fan of her being in anything, she's worse than Rosalina.

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2015 »
appear in the Super Mario Galaxy series

YAY SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD IS SUPER MARIO GALAXY 3 NOW!!!

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2015 »
Please no.
I don't like her.
Bowser Jr. made his debut in the Gamecube era after the main cast. By your definition he's "shoved into everything."
Are you ignoring the fact that Nabbit, a character made years after Rosalina, is shoved into a game of all-stars?

Seriously just stop.
Japan got a 2-disc Mario Kart 8 soundtrack, and one had Mario on the cover, the other had Rosalina, the unlockable character.
Bowser Jr. has actually played a role in the Mario games, Rosalina had one big role in Galaxy, that's it.
Yes, he has a few miniboss appearances but at the end of the day he's always outshone by Bowser. His potential has already been reached. Rosalina has been the secondary protagonist in SMG and one of five playable characters in 3D World. She also has the potential to be playable in a Galaxy game, possibly on her own. The soundtrack is as a result of her huge popularity and pleasing her fans, not them shoving her down our throats. I'm not even against Bowser Jr. I think he's a great character and deserves his spot, but so does Rosalina and that's what I'm arguing. And yes, DK can be classified as his own character and a Mario character but I'm not sure why you brought that up because it doesn't prove anything.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015 by Toblet »

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2015 »
I agree with Luma Party. Rosalina is WAY too overrated in games---I honestly don't get why she is even playable in MARIO KART. No offense, but I hope Rosalina doesn't appear in this game, or else...
All she did was appear in the Super Mario Galaxy series and poof! She got to be in Mario Kart and MP10. Unacceptable.
I hope that's sarcasm because that's every character in a nutshell.

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2015 »
that's every character in a nutshell.
Exactly

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2015 »
Ah that explains it. I was wondering why there wasn't a single female in your top 30 list. You're misogynistic. Going of what you said earlier, it's not Rosalina that's changed; it's you. You used to be okay.
Pffth. Yeah right. Not to mention his hypocritical, ignorant, brainwashing narrow-vision also basically axed the Mario and Luigi 5 Topic, destroyed my ability to be taken seriously, started multiple flame wars including this one, made this kind of thing the norm (I'm looking at YOU Sashe and Bowser498), and a whole bunch of other things I can't put into words. VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP/ZAMBEZZZZZZZIIII! One of you put an end to this once and for all >:( (Actually, Toblet, I think you should do something because nobody'll listen to me.:-[ )
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2015 »
daisy and rosalina appear in the spinoffs because they appeal to a female demographic and they're much better to have in than stupid s*** like dry bones and blooper. if you're seriously getting upset over the relevancy of mario characters in the mario spinoff games then maybe you should take a break from video games.
hey

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2015 »
daisy and rosalina appear in the spinoffs because they appeal to a female demographic and they're much better to have in than stupid s*** like dry bones and blooper. if you're seriously getting upset over the relevancy of mario characters in the mario spinoff games then maybe you should take a break from video games.
All of my yes.

Aside from the stupid **** part but I see your point.

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2015 »
*Reads some of the more recent posts* Ugh, why the hell does a huge debate happen, when someone brings up Rosalina?

Well, at least I know who never to mention. Ever.

... Rosalina.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015 by WiiUFan-04 »
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2015 »
Ah that explains it. I was wondering why there wasn't a single female in your top 30 list. You're misogynistic. Going of what you said earlier, it's not Rosalina that's changed; it's you. You used to be okay.
Pffth. Yeah right. Not to mention his hypocritical, ignorant, brainwashing narrow-vision also basically axed the Mario and Luigi 5 Topic, destroyed my ability to be taken seriously, started multiple flame wars including this one, made this kind of thing the norm (I'm looking at YOU Sashe and Bowser498), and a whole bunch of other things I can't put into words. VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP/ZAMBEZZZZZZZIIII! One of you put an end to this once and for all >:( (Actually, Toblet, I think you should do something because nobody'll listen to me.:-[ )
There's nothing flame-worthy going on here. It's just that some of you disagree with others, which is fine, but you shouldn't go disagreeing about it negatively. Respect others' opinions, whether you like it or not. Explain why you agree or disagree with that particular opinion without without saying that would enrage others.

It's good if Rosalina turns out to be playable. There needs to be a large selection of female characters to play in most games nowadays. No one wants to see a male-dominated character selection screen. Today, more female gamers are actively playing video games than they did in the 1980s/1990s. They want plenty of female characters to choose from.

Mario Party/Mario Party 2 offered 5 male characters and 1 female character. Mario Party 10, however, offered 4 female characters. Females back then didn't have much choice to play as the same gender. Today, they do now.*

*Yes, this isn't about Mario & Sonic Olympics, but I'm using an example to prove my point here on female character choices.

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2015 »
Please no.
I don't like her.

Seriously just stop.
Yes, he has a few miniboss appearances but at the end of the day he's always outshone by Bowser. His potential has already been reached. Rosalina has been the secondary protagonist in SMG and one of five playable characters in 3D World. She also has the potential to be playable in a Galaxy game, possibly on her own. The soundtrack is as a result of her huge popularity and pleasing her fans, not them shoving her down our throats. I'm not even against Bowser Jr. I think he's a great character and deserves his spot, but so does Rosalina and that's what I'm arguing. And yes, DK can be classified as his own character and a Mario character but I'm not sure why you brought that up because it doesn't prove anything.

Compare this to Daisy. Ignoring spinoffs, where is she relevant in the series?
Daisy is not relevant.
I've never been a fan of her being in anything, she's worse than Rosalina.
Ah that explains it. I was wondering why there wasn't a single female in your top 30 list. You're misogynistic. Going of what you said earlier, it's not Rosalina that's changed it's you. You used to be okay.
There were no female characters in my list because those were my 30 favourite characters, I don't give a damn what gender they are.
They've taken away the actual personality and character of Rosalina, to be just a filler in the Mario series.
You guys love Rosalina so much you come and make it look like I hate anything female, that's sad.

Sashe and Bowser?
-Removed at the request of Toblet-
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015 by Luma Party »

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2015 »
It's funny on how most of the complaints are about Rosalina being a potential character and not Nabbit being an actual character.

Rosalina's been around for quite some time by now you know. Nabbit's still relatively new (only being really playable in New Super Luigi U and Mario Gold World Tour).

This just comes on what I assume on the basis of this argument, note I didn not read it and don't wana get involved, that's just how I see it. :P

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2015 »
Sashe and Bowser?
They're way more intelligent and useful than you.
You can't even come up with insults, living off of whatever others say.

Leave. Now. You don't say that to any lady, let alone a shy one. I don't know why you even posted this. You ended up proving the very point you were trying to disprove.
Why does it matter who I say it too?
I'm backing up Sashe and Bowser because they didn't do anything wrong.
I'm going to get myself banned...

Now we aren't even talking about the game...