Author Topic: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games  (Read 43175 times)

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
Re: Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015 »
(Ok they can forget Boom).
I've got a better idea: Have the entire universe have the fear of that game drilled into their skulls. Nope, we shouldn't even be having this discussion to save the lucky few who don't know the pain.
Olympic people (and Smash Bros. people), honestly, out of all the game companies to carry your good name, you had to choose *Hurk*...ugh.
Actually this is the only good series made by Sega in these days :P
If only the game didn't reek of such -a branding, I'd be fine (Like, what if it was a competition between Mario & Crew and the bad guys, or something else like that, or a "Mario-only mode"), but I'm stuck here, divided, with increasing levels of game contamination, with nothing else to do about it, except privately boycott and wash my mouth with Banana and Starbit flavored mouthwash. :(
What's with you and SEGA?
This series would not exist without SEGA.
Mario would have never been at the Olympics.
Oh, too many reasons (and bad games) to count, Sir Luma Party, way too many; including barring me from this new game, for one!  >:(
"Mario would have never been at the Olympics." Why wouldn't he?
SEGA has the Olympic license, not Nintendo.

Mario & Sonic, not Mario and Sonic, Luma Party. Fix the title (and topic title).

It's a possibility that this game will have online, but if it does, I hope it will be expanded upon. Sochi 2014 had like four multiplayer events for online.
Wow, this whole time I thought that the "Mario & Sonic" was a short form people like me used, not the actual name. XD

I'm pretty sure Zazz is a rival like Dry Bowser or Birdo, not a playable character.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015 by Luma Party »

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
Re: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015 »
Not too fond of this series anymore. It's ok and all but after a few games it got boring/old to me. It's nice to see new faces but it'll take a lot more than that to get my attention again :P

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015 »
As Mow Wow said, I'm not too fond of this series either. I do have the Beijing 2008 Olympic one (it's decent), but I think it gets boring after a while... Probably not going to get it, even though the footage does seem nice. ;)

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2015 »
As Mow Wow said, I'm not too fond of this series either. I do have the Beijing 2008 Olympic one (it's decent), but I think it gets boring after a while... Probably not going to get it, even though the footage does seem nice. ;)

The beijing one is one of the crappiest :P You should try one of the others they arent as crappy as that one

Offline Mother4Ever

• us 
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015 »

The beijing one is one of the crappiest :P You should try one of the others they arent as crappy as that one

Well DAYUMMMMMMMM! I like that one because it was the first in the series and looked interesting in its time...now all these sequels made it a "would you just let it die" series

Offline RobinFTW

• RWBY!
  • ca 
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2015 »
I might get this game eventually. I have the 3 first games of the series (2008 on DS, 2010 on DS and 2012 on Wii) and I skipped the 2014 one, I wasn't interested.
With new characters added to the game (finally), and the fact that it's the Summer Games (I liked M&S 2010, but I prefer Summer Olympic Games in general), this game is more interesting than the last one IMO.

I just hope we get Rosalina and the return of the Dream Race event of M&S 2008. I doubt it'll happen, but it was one of my favorite events! :D

Here is my Sm4sh license:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2015 »
I might get this game eventually. I have the 3 first games of the series (2008 on DS, 2010 on DS and 2012 on Wii) and I skipped the 2014 one, I wasn't interested.
With new characters added to the game (finally), and the fact that it's the Summer Games (I liked M&S 2010, but I prefer Summer Olympic Games in general), this game is more interesting than the last one IMO.

I just hope we get Rosalina and the return of the Dream Race event of M&S 2008. I doubt it'll happen, but it was one of my favorite events! :D
There are four different types of characters, and an even amount of Mario & Sonic characters.
With Nabbit, Diddy Kong, Jet and Rouge added, there's little chance we see another character.
Maybe Rosalina can be a new rival like Zazz.

Offline Mother4Ever

• us 
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015 »

THAT WAS MY FAVORITE TOO. ME AND MY SISTER LOVED THAT EVENT XD. But yeah the Sochi one was the worst. Just a Winter Olympics copy. if they add 6 characters this time it would be uneven so if Rosalina and Zazz are playable then 2 more will have to be

Offline RobinFTW

• RWBY!
  • ca 
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2015 »
There are four different types of characters, and an even amount of Mario & Sonic characters.
With Nabbit, Diddy Kong, Jet and Rouge added, there's little chance we see another character.
Maybe Rosalina can be a new rival like Zazz.

Yeah I know, but I doubt that the first trailer of this game showed all the new characters. I'm pretty sure there are more surprised left concerning the characters. Maybe there are 4 more left to be announced (2 from Mario and 2 from Sonic). They can add, IDK, Big, Espio, Rosalina and Pianta/Dry Bowser. But yeah, she can be a rival though.

Here is my Sm4sh license:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015 »
Spoiler: Leaked Images (click to show/hide)

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2015 »
Please no.
Nintendo just shoves Rosalina into every game...
I mean, at first she had a personality, now she's just like every other character...
But I mean, please not now...

Also, does that mean Zazz is playable?
I like him, but I would've preferred Espio, Charmy or Cream more.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015 »
Also, does that mean Zazz is playable?
I like him, but I would've preferred Espio, Charmy or Cream more.
I thought Zazz was already confirmed to be playable?

I would like to see Cream playable, but I think she's staying as a judge or something.

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2015 »
Please no.
I don't like her.
Why can't you people just say this? Stop making up absolute BS.
Bowser Jr. made his debut in the Gamecube era after the main cast. By your definition he's "shoved into everything."
"But he made his debut before Rosalina, he deserves it!"
Are you ignoring the fact that Nabbit, a character made years after Rosalina, is shoved into a game of all-stars?
"But he's awesome. His debut was being playable in a Mainstream Mario game".
How about Diddy Kong not even being a Mario character?

Seriously just stop.

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2015 »
Stop making up absolute **.
Bowser Jr. made his debut in the Gamecube era after the main cast. By your definition he's "shoved into everything."
"But he made his debut before Rosalina, he deserves it!"
Are you ignoring the fact that Nabbit, a character made years after Rosalina, is shoved into a game of all-stars?
"But he's awesome. His debut was being playable in a Mainstream Mario game".
How about Diddy Kong not even being a Mario character?
Seriously just stop.
What he said O0 to the max. The power of progression
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2015 »
Sort of a follow-up to Toblet but

Nintendo just shoves Rosalina into every game...
I mean, at first she had a personality, now she's just like every other character...
Daisy clause invoked. RIP Daisy since she too had a personality but now acts as the 'filler' female sports character (which is really sad) in literally every spinoff ever (well not Puzzle and Dragons which is perplexing)

If we consider Roslina's spinoff appearances:
Mario Kart Wii onwards - probably the only true popularity wave that Rosie's had in spinoffs until the last year or two
MG:WT - Probably her first non-Kart spinoff, and even then, she's DLC. Probably Ninty's way to test the waters for Rosie's popularity in spinoffs outside of Kart, and I think it paid off.
Smash - well Rosie's from a pretty defining Mario title and her character contributes a lot to her popularity. Sure she didn't have the wave of spinoffs that Daisy has enjoyed (or rather hated, since this is the only thing keeping Daisy relevant now), but I'm led to believe (please quote something if otherwise) that the impact of Rosie in SMG and SMG2 >>>>> Daisy in Super Mario Land (and maybe MP3 as well)
MP10 - well, she cameoed in MP:IT, it'd be logical to elevate her. Also roster gender balancing never hurt.
Remember she's not in MTO.
P+D:SMB - this honestly came as a surprise to me as opposed to Daisy, but given SM3DW, pairing Rosie and Peach as playable ladies in adventure titles is an easier mechanical distinction than Peach with Daisy (Daisy is a faster/stronger Peach who can't float? Isn't that Toad?). ofc idk how P+D works but I'm guessing Peach is Fire and Rosie is Ice?

Character choice is a mix of introducing characters relevant to the franchise at that moment in time, as well as generally maintaining the previous rosters (not according to the later MP games - screw you ND Cube).

Bowser Jr has had waxes and wanes in relevance, ironically complementing the Koopalings' (until Smash I suppose, tho the NSMB titles from Wii onward have them together). Nabbit is currently relevant but I anticipate he won't be in a few years thanks to being an otherwise non-important enemy/villainous character (sure, he's been playable in a main platformer, but still, it's not like Nabbit is a driving force in the Koopa Troop). Diddy hasn't been super relevant in Mario following the GCN days.

Compare this to Daisy. Ignoring spinoffs, where is she relevant in the series?

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui: