Author Topic: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games  (Read 43173 times)

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Announced at the Japanese Nintendo Direct (Sunday, May 31, 2015)! The fifth game in the Mario & Sonic Olympic series; third game of the Summer Olympics. Takes place in Rio, Brazil. Actual Summer Olympics happens in August 2016. Exclusive to Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Arcdes. 3DS Release: Thursday, February 18, 2016 (Japan), Friday, March 18, 2016 (North America), Friday, April 8, 2016 (Europe), Saturday, April 9, 2016. Wii U Release: 2016 (Worldwide). Arcade Release: Spring 2016 (North America), 2016 (Japan/Europe).

They just revealed this in the Japanese Nintendo Direct yesterday for Wii U and 3DS!
I loved the London 2012, really wasn't expecting them to make another one though.
Nabbit, Diddy Kong, Rouge and Jet will be playable.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016 by Luma Party »

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
Re: Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015 »
I knew it! I FREAKING KNEW IT!!!

Anyways, I'm definitely going to buy this. I absolutely love the Mario and Sonic series.
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015 »
WAIT WHAT?

Zazz is also playable!!!!!! OMG I HOPE HE'S PLAYABLE AND NOT JUST A BOSS! (Sonic Lost World is so underrated! :D)

Offline TwoDreamy Luigi

• Dream Big.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015 »
I hope this entry is promising and doesn't suffer from "New Super Mario Bros." syndrome. But from what I see from the trailer, it looks great. I'm so happy Nabbit, Diddy Kong, Jet, Rouge, and Zazz are playable. Finally, some new characters added to the mix so it doesn't become stale. If Zazz is playable, then I would be so happy to play as him with his lanky and crazy personality (almost reminds me of Waluigi and Dr. Nefarious). Anyway, I'm just surprised as to how the Sochi game didn't do this sooner. I hope they add more content. :)

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015 »
 Why couldn't/can't it have been "Mario & Kirby at the Olympics"???
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015 »
WAIT WHAT?

Zazz is also playable!!!!!! OMG I HOPE HE'S PLAYABLE AND NOT JUST A BOSS! (Sonic Lost World is so underrated! :D)
It looked more like Zazz being a boss, since they would balance it by adding 4 characters, but if that's the case, I expect Rosalina playable.
I hope he's playable, he's my favourite Zeti.

SEGA has the Olympic license, not Nintendo.
SEGA also develops the game, all Nintendo does is publish it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015 by Luma Party »

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015 »
can't wait for the event where you bribe the ioc with coins and/or rings.
hey

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• us 
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015 »
SEGA has the Olympic license, not Nintendo.
SEGA also develops the game, all Nintendo does is publish it.
Olympic people (and Smash Bros. people), honestly, out of all the game companies to carry your good name, you had to choose *Hurk*...ugh.
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015 »
Olympic people (and Smash Bros. people), honestly, out of all the game companies to carry your good name, you had to choose *Hurk*...ugh.

Actually this is the only good series made by Sega in these days :P

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015 »
Diddy Kong is playable? Sweet! Knew the game will be announced eventually.

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015 »
I can't say I'm into the series, but if this one has something that makes it a must-buy(which there probably won't), I'll get it. But like Dreamy said, I hope to see something that breaks the New Super Mario Bros. syndrome. Zazz is also cool to see, lets us know Sega doesn't forget it's games (ok they can forget Boom).

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager:

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• us 
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015 »
(Ok they can forget Boom).
I've got a better idea: Have the entire universe have the fear of that game drilled into their skulls. Nope, we shouldn't even be having this discussion to save the lucky few who don't know the pain.
If only the game didn't reek of such -a branding, I'd be fine (Like, what if it was a competition between Mario & Crew and the bad guys, or something else like that, or a "Mario-only mode"), but I'm stuck here, divided, with increasing levels of game contamination, with nothing else to do about it, except privately boycott and wash my mouth with Banana and Starbit flavored mouthwash. :(

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015 »
I've got a better idea: Have the entire universe have the fear of that game drilled into their skulls. Nope, we shouldn't even be having this discussion to save the lucky few who don't know the pain.
If only the game didn't reek of such -a branding, I'd be fine (Like, what if it was a competition between Mario & Crew and the bad guys, or something else like that, or a "Mario-only mode"), but I'm stuck here, divided, with increasing levels of game contamination, with nothing else to do about it, except privately boycott and wash my mouth with Banana and Starbit flavored mouthwash. :(
What's with you and SEGA?
This series would not exist without SEGA.
Mario would have never been at the Olympics.

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• us 
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015 »
What's with you and SEGA?
This series would not exist without SEGA.
Mario would have never been at the Olympics.
Oh, too many reasons (and bad games) to count, Sir Luma Party, way too many; including barring me from this new game, for one!  >:(
"Mario would have never been at the Olympics." Why wouldn't he?

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015 »
Mario & Sonic, not Mario and Sonic, Luma Party. Fix the title (and topic title).

It's a possibility that this game will have online, but if it does, I hope it will be expanded upon. Sochi 2014 had like four multiplayer events for online.