Author Topic: Best dumb moment in Mario Party?  (Read 12143 times)

Offline Kaede

Re: Best dumb moment in Mario Party?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016 »
In Mario Party 5, an AI Waluigi used a Piranha Plant on himself and he had like over 100 coins. I can't believe Nintendo programmed this lol.

Offline stone_cold_julia

• Wajulia
  • I use Reddit a lot more than this.
  • us 
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016 »
back in the days where i played as daisy, a waluigi ai got like 140 coins and didn't get a star in mario party 6, so i'm glad that i play as him now.
Find me on Reddit: JuliaTheInsaneKid
There's nothing interesting here anymore, which is why I haven't posted here in so long.

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016 »
That moment in Mario Party 5 when you tie in Curvy Curbs

I didn't even know that was possible
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline Zympherior

• Outsider that reached Fantasy
  • "You shouldn't underestimate humans these days."
  • mx 
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016 »

Meannwhile, TRG get a tie everytime the minigame is brought up.
Look, look with your special eyes...

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016 »

Meannwhile, TRG get a tie everytime the minigame is brought up.
No, 95% of the time. Tim won once :P
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2016 »
Whenever you're playing a survival minigame and the CPUs just run to their death XD

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline stone_cold_julia

• Wajulia
  • us 
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016 »
And in daft rafts in MP6 where I accidentally go to the water and kill myself.
There's nothing interesting here anymore, which is why I haven't posted here in so long.

Offline Stray Dawg

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2016 »
Mario Party 7- Solo Cruise, Grand Canal. CPU only need one more star to end the game, they've got more than enough coins to buy one AND they've got a Flutter orb, which they didn't use for 5 consecutive turns and I wound up winning.  ???

Much as it sorta compensates for the suspicious number of 10s they were rolling, I didn't really appreciate winning in such a way. I was actually hoping I'd get some guff rolls until they snapped outta their stupidity... alas, high numbers suddenly started pouring in for me.

Offline stone_cold_julia

• Wajulia
  • us 
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2016 »
the ai being stupid by getting a bowser bomb in the item game in mp2. of course it was dk.

Offline stone_cold_julia

• Wajulia
  • us 
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2016 »
The best I can recall is Daisy using a Cellular Shopper to buy a Cellular Shopper in Mario Party 3. Wasting 5 coins. I've seen it happen on more than one occasion. I've also seen the AI buy a Skeleton Key and then throw it away the next turn for seemingly no reason.
I've seen an AI use a cellular shopper and then say no to the shop. What a dumbass. I also saw Peach get another plunder chest from the plunder chest. Then there's Donkey Kong, who always goes for the Bowser Bomb.

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016 »
From my recent plays of Mario Parties 2 and 3 (Including story mode playthroughs), I have seen some pretty foolish things from the AI. Fortunately it helped me get All S ranks with some characters easier at least. In Mario Party 3 I've witnessed computers have more than enough coins to purchase a star, roll a number where they can reach it on their turn, they come to a split in the road and then go the opposite path of the star space. Take Chill Waters for example, the star space can appear a few spaces below Boo near a split, I've seen a computer opponent avoid that star and Boo by going the other way when nothing could have stopped them otherwise.

I've also had opponents choose to land on the space in front of me in Duel mode and then be finished by my partner in the front. To be fair, they had 1 heart piece remaining and no partners, perhaps they "give up" in really bad situations? They could of went the other way instead.

I noticed Luigi always seems to ignore Baby Bowser's items in favor of Skeleton Keys. Including Boo Bells. Doesn't seem to be the case with Toad's items though for some reason.

The best I can recall is Daisy using a Cellular Shopper to buy a Cellular Shopper in Mario Party 3. Wasting 5 coins. I've seen it happen on more than one occasion. I've also seen the AI buy a Skeleton Key and then throw it away the next turn for seemingly no reason.
I've seen an AI use a cellular shopper and then say no to the shop. What a dumbass. I also saw Peach get another plunder chest from the plunder chest. Then there's Donkey Kong, who always goes for the Bowser Bomb.

Ah yes I've seen that happen with Cellular Shoppers too. I think stealing a Plunder Chest with a Plunder Chest is a good move, it prevents the other player from doing the same or potentially stealing good items like Magic Lamps. I think Plunder Chests are significantly less useful in Mario Party 2 though due to the 1 item per player limit, stealing an item randomly if more than one other player has one, and availability. I can see Donkey Kong obtaining a Bowser Bomb even when Baby Bowser is right behind him. Would be great to see.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016 by SirFrozenFairy »
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline stone_cold_julia

• Wajulia
  • us 
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016 »
From my recent plays of Mario Parties 2 and 3 (Including story mode playthroughs), I have seen some pretty foolish things from the AI. Fortunately it helped me get All S ranks with some characters easier at least. In Mario Party 3 I've witnessed computers have more than enough coins to purchase a star, roll a number where they can reach it on their turn, they come to a split in the road and then go the opposite path of the star space. Take Chill Waters for example, the star space can appear a few spaces below Boo near a split, I've seen a computer opponent avoid that star and Boo by going the other way when nothing could have stopped them otherwise.

I've also had opponents choose to land on the space in front of me in Duel mode and then be finished by my partner in the front. To be fair, they had 1 heart piece remaining and no partners, perhaps they "give up" in really bad situations? They could of went the other way instead.

I noticed Luigi always seems to ignore Baby Bowser's items in favor of Skeleton Keys. Including Boo Bells. Doesn't seem to be the case with Toad's items though for some reason.

Ah yes I've seen that happen with Cellular Shoppers too. I think stealing a Plunder Chest with a Plunder Chest is a good move, it prevents the other player from doing the same or potentially stealing good items like Magic Lamps. I think Plunder Chests are significantly less useful in Mario Party 2 though due to the 1 item per player limit, stealing an item randomly if more than one other player has one, and availability. I can see Donkey Kong obtaining a Bowser Bomb even when Baby Bowser is right behind him. Would be great to see.
And I get my coins taken by black hole bowser. "DOH I MISSED!"

Offline GamingStar302

• Party Star
  • us 
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2016 »
Of course we all have stories of the AI doing dumb things like using Mini Mushrooms when they are a few spots in front of the star or using Warp Pipes to warp themselves away from the star, but here are a few of the more creative ones I've seen them do:

• Once on Castaway Bay (MP6), the AI Luigi was right near the boat at the end with Donkey Kong. He was two spots away from getting the star with no other player near. He would have probably won if he didn't decide to use the 'Sluggish Shroom Orb to move one space and switch the DK boat to the Bowser boat. He lost a star, and lost the game.
  • Another time on Castaway Bay (me and my friends play this particular map quite often), AI Luigi lands on a duel space. I had been in the lead almost the entire game and had something around 180 coins. I was pretty frightened when this happened because I know, depending on the minigame, the highest level AIs can be pretty good at some of them. I didn't have to worry for long though, as Luigi opted to pick to duel my friend, who had zero stars and about 3 coins.
  • Lastly, we were playing on MP4 (I believe it was on Goomba's map but I don't remember for sure), and AI Daisy decided to use a chomp call to move the star when she was five spots away. Not unusual, right? Well the place it ended up moving to was two spots in front of her. Before I could get over this confusion, she managed to roll a 1. On the next turn, she used a Mega Mushroom to walk right past the star. Two turns later, when she no longer had enough coins for the star, she used her Genie Lamp to warp to the star even though she couldn't afford it. Playing that poorly takes real talent.

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2016 »
So I was playing Mario Party 6 not too long ago, just a good old fashioned party on E.Gadd's Garage for 20 turns. One of the most notable moments was around the last five turns. A computer controlled Peach used her Sluggish Shroom Orb to roll a 10, presumably to catch up to the star. But the thing is, that was the exact number needed to land on a character space that I managed to get from her earlier thanks to the Kamek Orb. It was a Mr Blizzard Orb she placed earlier in the game, the space was the one that the conveyor belts send any players to. She lands on the Mr Blizzard space that I owned and lost three precious orbs.. on purpose! She rolled the 10 with the Sluggish Shroom Orb.

I noticed the AI likes to roll 10s with Sluggish Shroom Orbs instead of another number that could be more desirable. They will roll the 10, even if the space is very dangerous apparently.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2016 »
Wow that's funny!  :-D
But  yeah I think the AI is not capable of reconizing the spaces around him.  :-\
At least, they kinda fixed it in MP9/MP10.