Author Topic: Best dumb moment in Mario Party?  (Read 12144 times)

Offline Garrulous

• wakes up screaming from the american dream
  • Black and nerdy
  • us 
Best dumb moment in Mario Party?
« on: December 22, 2015 »
Have you ever experienced any moments in Mario Party where the AI utterly fails at being an AI?

For instance, a moment where the AI buys a dueling glove for 10 coins and uses it only for 1 coin, and so on and such.

Offline SirYoshi211

Re: Best dumb moment in Mario Party?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015 »
The best I can recall is Daisy using a Cellular Shopper to buy a Cellular Shopper in Mario Party 3. Wasting 5 coins. I've seen it happen on more than one occasion. I've also seen the AI buy a Skeleton Key and then throw it away the next turn for seemingly no reason.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015 by SirFrozenFairy »
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015 »
The best I can recall is Daisy using a Cellular Shopper to buy a Cellular Shopper in Mario Party 3. Wasting 5 coins. I've seen it happen on more than one occasion. I've also seen the AI buy a Skeleton Key and then throw it away the next turn for seemingly no reason.
These. Their AI don't have anything about saving coins for items they don't want. Buy an item, or buy the same item for another? It's mind-boggling.

Another dumb moment is when a computer uses a Mushroom, Sluggish Shroom, or a Golden Mushroom to roll a number they want or a higher number, when the next space or two is a trap that stops them from continuing on. Or a trap where you could lose too many coins. Dumb.

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015 »
OH BOY. Let's see if I can recall all of the dumb moments ever.

I've seen worse. The AI sometimes uses a cellular shopper, and exits out of the shop without buying anything.

Then it uses a Bowser Suit when no one is around them. They sometimes purposely land on Bowser when it's better for them to go the other way. I would understand it if they had 0 coins, but they never did. The AI also sometimes does chance time when they're in first and then screw themselves over by giving someone else the lead.

Those are just a few examples. I could write paragraphs on this thing, but I'm lazy. :P
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015 »
I've seen even worse! In Mario Party DS, one time, the AI used the star pipe.. and the star was in the next space!   :o
Since then, I've learned how dumb an AI can be!  ;D

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015 »
These. Their AI don't have anything about saving coins for items they don't want. Buy an item, or buy the same item for another? It's mind-boggling.

Another dumb moment is when a computer uses a Mushroom, Sluggish Shroom, or a Golden Mushroom to roll a number they want or a higher number, when the next space or two is a trap that stops them from continuing on. Or a trap where you could lose too many coins. Dumb.

Oh yes, I have seen them using mushrooms right behind a roadblock before. I don't think I have seen it with a Sluggish Shroom but from my experience they are fond of rolling 10s with them when a different number would have been more favorable than landing on a simple blue space.

I've seen worse. The AI sometimes uses a cellular shopper, and exits out of the shop without buying anything.

Then it uses a Bowser Suit when no one is around them. They sometimes purposely land on Bowser when it's better for them to go the other way. I would understand it if they had 0 coins, but they never did. The AI also sometimes does chance time when they're in first and then screw themselves over by giving someone else the lead.

Those are just a few examples. I could write paragraphs on this thing, but I'm lazy. :P

Ah yes, I have seen that plenty of times. However, I believe wasting coins on another Cellular Shopper while using one is worse than just wasting it. Although Daisy is probably the only character controlled by the AI that does that due to it being her favorite item while any character will do what you said so it's much more common.

They seem like they can't use some items properly at times like with that Bowser Suit example. Difficulty only affects their performance in mini-games so it can be bizarre seeing super hard computers doing this stuff. They almost never use Reverse Mushrooms on themselves despite it being so useful to go backwards at certain points.

Oh please do. It's interesting to read what stupidity the AI is capable of in the series.

I've seen even worse! In Mario Party DS, one time, the AI used the star pipe.. and the star was in the next space!   :o
Since then, I've learned how dumb an AI can be!  ;D

I think I have seen them do that in Mario Party DS. I know in Mario Party 3 (I'm unsure about 2 and 4) they will do that if they manage to get enough coins to buy the star even if they are on the space right next to the star space. One smart thing the AI does do though is that they will use the Magic Lamp if someone buys or wins a Plunder Chest to prevent it from getting stolen so there's that.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Croconaw

• ca 
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015 »
Depositing all their coins to a hotel in Koopa's Tycoon Town, when they don't have enough to begin with or depositing all when they don't need that many

Offline XCamTroX

• - A simply deaf Mario fan -
  • - A simply deaf Mario fan -
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016 »
When I'm played a 20-turn with 8-players mode... So, I picked a dessert board, and... I sometime made my stars to 9, and everyone is 0.. Anyway

While I'm first place with 234 coins... and one team actually landed on a duel space... guess who they pick?

Other team more than me lol

so rare o_O

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016 »
Yeah that's nothing. One time I was playing 5 with a relative, we did team mode against the CPU's and when one of the CPU's landed on the same space as its teammate, they dueled him instead of the our team and lost. Also the space was a red space, so it was a huge waste of time and both of them lost 3 coins.
Ancient trash.

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016 »
So recently I played Mario Party 7 online with a friend and one of the CPU's got a flutter orb(aka a magic lamp). They literally did not use it until I stole a star from them. And yes, they did have enough coins to buy a star.
Ancient trash.

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016 »
Well, in some Mario Party games, I tend to use Magic Lamps when an opponement is close to the star or if someone has a chest.  :P

Offline ImpaDude

• ImpaDude
  • Hyrule Hero, and an Enemy Executer
  • us 
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016 »
On Mario Party 9, I played the bobsled penguin mini game with computers set to Very Hard, and they ended up running directly into my sled and dying.

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016 »
That reminds me, I set a CPU once to Very Hard in Mario Party 3 and played The Beat Goes On, and it lost on the first button press.
Ancient trash.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016 »
When the CPU puts down a mediocre orb over one of their own deadly orb spaces.

Offline stone_cold_julia

• Wajulia
  • I use Reddit a lot more than this.
  • us 
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016 »
once in mario party 3, wario stole my star instead of peach's. peach had 2 stars and i had 1. what a jerk.
Find me on Reddit: JuliaTheInsaneKid
There's nothing interesting here anymore, which is why I haven't posted here in so long.