Perplexing Pyramid (Deluxe!)

Perplexing Pyramid Deluxe.json

Perplexing Pyramid (59).json1.8MB
Filesize: 770.71kB  Views: (1222)  Downloads (1286)  
Description: This Inexplicable Interior is Impossible to Explore!

Like my last board, this board is alot like an already existing MP board. This time, it's MP7's Pagoda Peak. Just like there, each player goes in a straight line (this time featuring junctions!) to reach the end, where they can obtain a star. The maximum that can be bought here is 3, but the price of the star goes up by 5 coins each time one is purchased. The price starts at 5 coins and can eventually reach up to 50 coins! When a star is bought for this amount, the price resets to 5 coins (thanks to MarioComix from the MPL discord for making this event!). As well as this, the 1st place player loses 10 coins each turn, so watch out!

Happening Events:
Sand Trap - Pay the Millennium Star 10 coins to set up a Sand Trap for you. Any opponents who land on the Sand Trap will forfeit one star to you (if they have one)
Dig - Mash the A button to dig up some gold!
Dry Bones Warp - The Dry Bones will warp you to an opponent's space. You get to pick which one!
Sandy Coin-loss - Landing on this space will make you lose a few coins in the sand
Duel - Do I even need to explain? A duel will occur when you land on one of these spaces!

Arrow Events:
Mushroom Shop(s) - Shop for one of the 4 mushrooms available!

Other:
2 Banks
0 Item Shops :(
0 Skeleton Gates
1 Boo
34 Blue Spaces
15 Red Spaces
3 Item Spaces
3 Battle Spaces
2 Game Guy Spaces
2 Chance Spaces
22 Happening Spaces
2 Bowser Spaces
1 Star Space

Extra Content!:
This board completely transforms at night, and it's here on display! These desert dwellers and undeads love disco! The space amounts will be completely changed, so I hope that you try both of these versions! The first download is the day version and the second one is the disco version.

Please enjoy and tell me if it crashes or breaks in some way!

Deluxe - Perplexing Pyramid Deluxe is the same board with the same gameplay, but there are paths now! Hopefully, these will make it easier to see where you're going!

Posted by: YoshiYay! March 31, 2021

Rating: This download has not been rated yet.
Related Downloads
Perplexing City v1.1

Rating: (None)
Date: November 21, 2021
Downloads: 442
Views: 1163
By: JustSomeRandomGamer

Comments (2)

YoshiYay!
Shy Guy

I love Yoshis

View Profile
April 16, 2021
Thank you for all the advice! That's 3-way junction thing is intentional, actually. I might try to make an improved version on Perplexing Pyramid later!
MarioComix
PP64 Savant
Penguin

View Profile
April 15, 2021
This was a pretty interesting board that had mechanics with lots of promise! I like how there are different ways to kind of manage your money even though it's a linear board, especially with the mechanic that takes away money from the 1st-place player. Therefore, you need to manage your money well not just earning it from Dry Bones's Dig, but also maybe spending it or landing on a Red Star, or managing a duel wager, so that you end up in 2nd place. Speaking of, I think that event that takes away the money should have some kind of indicator, like a message box.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional, but at the 3-way junction, going left has a passing event where the sand takes away your coins. There's the Sandy Coin-loss event listed above, but as a Happening event, perhaps it should be renamed as passing?

In terms of the Star mechanic, I feel like it would be useful if there were an event elsewhere on the board that could change the price. As it stands, once the price reaches 30 coins, it could become more worth it to just visit Boo and steal coins or a Star from opponents, since it's so expensive. This was somewhat emulated in my match against CPUs as no one could afford the 30-coin Star plus the ones who could ended up picking Boo.

All in all, there were many interesting mechanics that I think could be fleshed out and designed to be more in-tune together to enhance the entire board experience!

Return to Downloads