Author Topic: Mario Party 6 Glitch?  (Read 2402 times)

Offline LuentrixGames

Mario Party 6 Glitch?
« on: September 26, 2016 »
Hey guys what's going? It's been a while!

I want to know whether this is a glitch or not. It all started in 1:03:54. I used my Metal Mushroom Orb to cover myself from "traps" because i saw my friend Mike which he was playing as Toad, put a piranha trap there. As you can see in the video i landed on it but i was covered in metal, was i supposed to get attacked by his trap or not?

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016 by LuentrixGames »

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Mario Party 6 Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016 »
That's not a glitch. It's normal. The Metal Mushroom only protects you from roadblock traps, not set traps. You can see the effect has worn out before the space effect was activated.

Offline LuentrixGames

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016 »
That's not a glitch. It's normal. The Metal Mushroom only protects you from roadblock traps, not set traps. You can see the effect has worn out before the space effect was activated.

ohh basically it only covers traps that active only when u pass but not when u  land in. Thanks for clarifying that.

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016 »
Yes, it only protects the user from roadblocks set from other players, even if you land directly on it, though landing directly on Bob-omb and Thwomp roadblocks won't really affect you anyway, but the animation will still play. The Metal Mushroom Orb won't protect you from any of the yellow orbs (Orbs You Throw) that other players set. As Vip said the effect wears off when you land on the space before the trap activates. The metal mushroom will completely protect you from any of the roadblock orbs, which are the red ones. They can be distinguished from the yellow trap ones when placed as the character's/team's icon will hover above the space instead of replacing it. Teammates can't erase their own team's roadblocks in team matches with metal mushrooms just like they can't activate them incase you're wondering.

Here's a tip, if you're about to pass a Koopa Troopa (Paratroopas are called Koopa Troopas in 6 for some reason.) roadblock, it may be best to activate it instead of using a Metal Mushroom depending on the location of the player that set the trap. That orb can easily backfire.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016 by SirFrozenFairy »
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016 »
I understand you, LuentrixGames. I was also very displeased when I found out by myself that the Metal Mushroom Orb doesn't protect you from traps.
I think it would have been better if it does imo.

Offline LuentrixGames

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016 »
I understand you, LuentrixGames. I was also very displeased when I found out by myself that the Metal Mushroom Orb doesn't protect you from traps.
I think it would have been better if it does imo.
I completely agree especially when there's not other route you can take to avoid the traps, what i usually do, i keep an extra orb just in case, because if i know i will land on someones trap, ill just throw my orb on top of the trap.