Author Topic: Favorite items?  (Read 2095 times)

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
Favorite items?
« on: July 30, 2016 »
What were your favorite items/orbs/candy/whatever in the series?

Aside from the obvious Magic Lamp/Flutter Orb, I'll go with the reverse mushroom from Mario Party 3. Why? Well, if used right you can really do some interesting stuff with the reverse mushroom. Like get a star, go to boo 3 times, etc... You should probably buy it if you get the chance at baby bowser's shop, and try to account for it when other people have it, because, well, they might also do something with it that might make them win. I'm sad that this never returned, but I guess it's for the best since it's too powerful.

I'll also say wacky watch. There's two sides to this item: You can greatly shorten the game if you think you're going to win, or you can greatly extend the game if you need a little more time to win. I think it's fitting as a rare item.
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
Re: Favorite items?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016 »
Loved reverse and Flutter as well.
But I also loved the Slow Orb Shroom. You can fall on the space you want with it and I love to use that in my advantage.

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016 »
I have to agree with the Reverse Mushroom as well. That item is one of the most powerful items in the series. It easily gives you an advantage over the computer opponents as they never use it the same way a player can. Going backwards on the board is incredibly useful in many situations, like getting two extra Boo visits and going the other way on Wood Woods. It's also very useful on Waluigi's Island because it ignores the action time gear in the center of the island. It seems to be better to use it on yourself than on others but of course it does have its uses when used on the other players. Of course it may backfire. The only flaw with the Reverse Mushroom is that you usually have to rely on rolling a high number to get where you want, unless you're closer to your goal.

One of my favorites is the Skeleton Key. Opening the locked gates is often useful and it has a very low price. Although opening gates and taking space in the inventory are all it really can do, it has a purpose. Plus it goes pretty well with the Reverse Mushroom. I love how it is Luigi's favorite item, I always find it amusing to see him buy them when he's controlled by the AI. I don't like the Skeleton Key in Mario Party 2 as much because of the one item limit though.

The Bowser Suit is one of my all time favorites. Sure, it is situational, it can be devastating in the right situation. I like seeing the characters wear the Bowser Suit, it's got a bit of humor to it with the user tricking the others into thinking that you're Bowser.

The Sluggish Shroom Orb is incredible, it allows you to pretty much roll any number you want! I also like the Flower Orb from Mario Party 7, although it is limited to Peach and Daisy only. It's like a super powered Metal Mushroom Orb and you earn coins from each space. I also love the Kamek Orb, it can slowly allow you to control a lot of character spaces. I've had a lot of control in E Gadd's Garage before thanks to it.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016 »
I rarely used the Skeleton Key personally!  :o I guess you found a potential I've haven't seen. A shame this item didn't came back though  :-\
And yes, I liked the Bowser Suit too :D Too bad they got rid of it even if the Bullet Bill orb was cool!
And the Kamek Orb was SO overpowered in Mario Party 7! Taking three spaces instead of one was crazy!

Offline LuentrixGames

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016 »
Def the Triple dice, especially in the last turn, it can change the game =)