Author Topic: Best GameCube Mario Party  (Read 3616 times)

Offline DAS3BASS

Best GameCube Mario Party
« on: March 23, 2015 »
Hello guys! My family and I have decided to buy a Mario Party game for the GameCube. I have played Mario Party 8 and I thought it was okay, but people seem to like the GameCube parties overall more than Mario Party 8,9, and 10. As someone who as only played one game, I want the most enjoyable experience for all of us but I am not able to decide between Mario Party 4-7.

So basically I'm asking which Mario Party between 4-7 is the best. Keep in mind that we are a family of 4, and we would like an all around solid experience. (Not one game that has terrible mini games but good boards)

So here's what I understand so far
    Mario Party 4: Below average boards but terrific mini-games

Mario Party 5: All around, but the boards leave a bit to be desired and this strange "orb system" seems to turn some people off

Mario Party 6: Don't know much, but day/night system sounds interesting.

Mario Party 7: Don't know anything, but seems to have the most content?

Also if I am mistaken with my descriptions please let me know.

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
Re: Best GameCube Mario Party
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015 »
MP7; I LOVE those boards, especially Neon Heights! It gives me tons of memories!  ;)

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015 »
I would go with Mario Party 6. Just about everything in the game is great, the mini-games, boards, and even the day/night system is awesome.

Mario Party 7 is another good option, but it has fewer mini-games than other GCN Mario Parties do. The Bowser Time might not be your cup of tea. It does offer 8-Player mode and mini-games, but as you said you are a family of four, I don't think you would get the full experience right away.

Mario Party 5 is just as good as Mario Party 6, but yes, it would be a bit weaker on the capsule system they use in that one.

You wouldn't get much enjoyment from Mario Party 4.

So I would say Mario Party 6, Mario Party 5, Mario Party 7, Mario Party 4 in that order.

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015 »
I only played 7, and even then, i don't remember much of it. So, i can't really say which Gamecube Mario Party is my favorite.
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Yoshifan355

• Right at Ya!
  • A dude who loves Yoshis!
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015 »
5 & 6 are the good kind of Mario Parties I jump back into. 4 & 7 kinda sucks from suffering boring board design & forgettable Mini-Games. Although 4 is a bit better then 7 I will say.

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015 »
I love all the GameCube mario parties so I can't really say which is my favorite, although I do love 7 A LOT! And 6 and 4, those were my favorites (because I never got 5 XP)

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015 »
Would say Mario Party 6 too! I think he's the perfect GCN Mario Party title  :P
The story and atmosphere.. The boards and minigames.. Everything is perfect!

Mario Party 7 is a solid pick too,it's like MP6 but with lot more stuff happening in board...
Yeah too much happens in each turn and i think it has the turns that takes the most time in any Mario Party title

Mario Party 5 have the best minigames but also the worst board design...
It also has the most content! (Like the best Minigame Mode) If you don't like the board much,i think it's the better choice!

Mario Party 4 is okay but the weakest of the 4. It's like the N64 titles but the minigames aren't that good..
Also it doesn't have much content.. But you can do your own selection of minigames and it's nice  :P

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015 »
6 and 7 would be the perfect choices! I'd go with 7 tho :D