Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 12231 times)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2015 »
Ok, I'm just gonna put this out point by point.

There is a fine line between bragging and sharing accomplishments. Bowser, you may think you're a Mario expert, but that in itself is a lie.
You don't know if that's a lie. I know many facts, but I'm BETTER with newer facts. Doesn't mean I don't know anything about anything GCN and earlier. I've played several games (or portions) on EACH console except for the GCN. Of course I know facts about SMW, SMB1-3, and many other old games.

It's been shown you only play Mario and the modern games to be exact. You've never shown any real expertise in Mario, it's the only game series you're interested in and that's okay. But that doesn't mean you can say you know everything about Mario.
Yes, I have mainly been playing newer games, but that doesn't mean I don't know stuff about the older games. I go on Mariowiki too... Chances are, if your only video game likes are Mario, you must really care about it, and probably know facts...

Do you see people on MPL bragging about algebra or being a Mario expert? "when people brag and think they know it all (even if they do), and have to criticize people on it because they think they are so cool and are right." Well maybe they are. People know about Smash and other series and you come up and and perhaps maybe you say something dumb and they criticize you.
Actually, I see people that do brag. It may be a bit subtle to see, but it's true. The Gaming Accomplishments is a great example. People repeating similar accomplishments is bragging. This may sound weak, but it's true.

Well maybe they are. People know about Smash and other series and you come up and and perhaps maybe you say something dumb and they criticize you. They do have a right to that because they know what they're talking about. If you don't know about it, perhaps stay out of the way and don't say anything until you know what you're saying.
But for them to CONSTANTLY do it? You do realize that it gets really annoying. Sometimes, people do it so people can see it and how cool and awesome that person is. Heck, these things aren't a big deal, so why bother with it in the first place? It's not going to affect you in any way.

"Kindness will get you farther in life" No. Again, fine line between bullying and criticism. Bowser it always seems that you're defiant to criticism. You're that person who always wants to be right. Now look at what that sentence said. Yes it hurts you're feelings. Yes it may come off rude.
That is true. Of course I can take criticism, but when people constantly do it to one person? That seems like you're targeting one person...

You blindly stood up for M4E when he was clearly wrong until he left and you just write him off as "bad".
He had his opinion of M1, but others had to make fun of him for it... That is so wrong.
Okay, I don't know if it's time, but let me get something out of the way Bowser.

And at your failed mafia in late summer. You clearly had many flaws with that game and people criticized the it, then you wrote it off as bullying. Instead of fixing the game and asking it to be put in the archives because it embarrassed to no end, you restarted it whole. Now I'm not saying the not-terrible mafia was bad because clearly it ran smooth. Asking it to be moved was a little selfish, because knowing you, you can't deal with such embarrassment.[/quote]
It was my mafia game, so I could've done whatever I wanted with it. You can't just edit a mafia game to make it better. Mafia is a serious game where you can't mess up like that, you know. It was necessary to restart it. SputnicK was right. It's better to give a friendly type of constructive criticism instead of saying it in a mean way. There The only reason why I wanted it moved is because I didn't want it to be in Activities Central when there was no use for it.

Hurtful things are things that will cut deep and leave a mark. Take this for example. Someone punches you and say you're worthless. That's hurtful. When you run and trip, there's nothing you can do about it except learn. Maybe instead, don't run. And don't get on me with that -_- face because you know that you're wrong.
I understand that people need to learn from their mistakes, but don't you think it's a bit annoying when the same person/people criticize the same things about you? Yes, it's okay the first time, but doing it dozens of times is really annoying.
On one side it's lucky you've been in a friendly community. But at the same time, someone needs to be tough on you, because you're not going anywhere with that attitude. I hope this gets through your thick skull of yours. Hurt your feelings this may, but if you don't listen you'll never listen.
I know that, and I am thankful of it. And I understand people need to be tough on others. There's a difference between trying to help someone and flaming and hurting the other person's feelings. In my opinion, try to be as nice as possible in any situation. I understand I'm not perfect, and that nobody's perfect, but this kind of stuff generally can easily be improvable, for this, and even for me.

In conclusion, I apologize for making you and others upset about this, but I still think you guys could've handled these situations better. We just need to move on.

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline GrandStarGalaxy

• Nothing to see here, move along
  • Nothing here either
  • us 
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015 »
Yow...

You guys both have some interesting points.

I'm not picking a side, I'll let you two solve this problem on your own.

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2015 »
Is it just me or anyone else find this VERY amusing to read? :P (Both replies)

Also:
He had his opinion of M1, but others had to make fun of him for it... That is so wrong.
We both know he didnt just give his opinion... He actually insulted Snowy saying he didnt like "Challenges"

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015 »
Quote from: Bowser498
You don't know if that's a lie. I know many facts, but I'm BETTER with newer facts. Doesn't mean I don't know anything about anything GCN and earlier. I've played several games (or portions) on EACH console except for the GCN. Of course I know facts about SMW, SMB1-3, and many other old games.

What does knowing facts about a game have anything to do with actually being good at the game? Okay, so you know a thing or two about Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World. How does this tell me you can actually go and beat the game?

As a real Mario expert that's beaten all of the Mario games, from the original SMB to 3D World, I expect an answer.
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline Garrulous

• wakes up screaming from the american dream
  • Black and nerdy
  • us 
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2015 »
what in the holy loving F*** happened while i was away?

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2015 »

What does knowing facts about a game have anything to do with actually being good at the game? Okay, so you know a thing or two about Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World. How does this tell me you can actually go and beat the game?

As a real Mario expert that's beaten all of the Mario games, from the original SMB to 3D World, I expect an answer.
I actually have SMB2, SMB3, and MK64 on the Wii. And yes, I go on Mariowiki from time to time for the fun of it. I also have friends with retro games like SMB and MP7. Playing the game can help with knowledge, though.

And yes, I've gotten to 8-2 on SMB, 6-2 on SMB2, and five levels in W8 (SMB3). I've also played MK64 and MP7 enough. As an extra, I have SMW in amiibo tap. So yes, playing games can partly help with your knowledge. (And yes, I attempted to speedrun these games)

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2015 »
bowser you're not an expert on mario
hey

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2015 »
People who think they're experts at something they're not really grinds my gears
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2015 »
People trying too hard O0

and don't bother replying, snowy, i hate myself too
dude I haven't even been on for a month why are you trying to instigate s*** lol
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2015 »

I've gotten to 8-2 on SMB
My sister beat the game when she was 7, and had never played a video game in her life before that.

This whole topic is actually quite funny, sorry to say, but Bowser, something BossBlitz missed, you never admit to being wrong.
Realize that?
Dragging this on knowing you'll never win.
I'm not trying to take this further, but you have to notice that, using useless facts to help you never works.

(Also, since when is Mario Party 7 a retro game?)

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2015 »
Luma Party said everything I wanted to say to Bowser; I've nothing to add.

Quote from: Luma Party
(Also, since when is Mario Party 7 a retro game?)

Never. I bet someday Bowser will look back at his post and say "I was an idiot."
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2015 »
bowser you're not an expert on mario

I actually have SMB2, SMB3, and MK64 on the Wii. And yes, I go on Mariowiki from time to time for the fun of it. I also have friends with retro games like SMB and MP7. Playing the game can help with knowledge, though.

And yes, I've gotten to 8-2 on SMB, 6-2 on SMB2, and five levels in W8 (SMB3). I've also played MK64 and MP7 enough. As an extra, I have SMW in amiibo tap. So yes, playing games can partly help with your knowledge. (And yes, I attempted to speedrun these games)
Hmm... seems to check out...
Sorry Bowser, the facts don't lie. :P

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2015 »
Gamecube isn't even retro, it's just older. N64 is retro and I'd even say that NES could be vintage at this point. I mean, you would call PS2 or original Xbox retro, would you?

Offline Ether

• sucks
  • rip torn
  • ye 
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2015 »
Gamecube isn't even retro, it's just older. N64 is retro and I'd even say that NES could be vintage at this point. I mean, you would call PS2 or original Xbox retro, would you?

To be fair, maybe in like ten years, the Gamecube and all those other consoles could qualify for being considered retro, but I guess it really depends

Offline Don't make me beg

• Moon River
  • Wider than a mile
  • us 
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2015 »
dude I haven't even been on for a month why are you trying to instigate s*** lol

i'm joking jfc

you often reply to me with snarky s***
I'm crossing you in style