Top 5 Marvel Movies

So, for this first week of top personal lists, I decided to go with one of the easy ones which is my personal top 5 Marvel movies. Any Marvel movie could make my top 5 list. From Blade to Spiderman to the Avengers, as long as it's a Marvel movie. Now, obviously, technology has evolved a lot in the past years. So the criteria of ''evaluation'' won't be exactly the same for every movie or anything change. Lastly, keep in mind that this is not done professionally. It's purely opinion based.

5. THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2012)
Spider2_1.jpg

You may or not agree with me, but the first Amazing Spider-Man movie has to be one of my top from Marvel. I don't know how many times I have watched this movie since its release. I am not tired at all and I have my reasons.
First of all, I'm not going to lie, a lot of things were kind of wrong with this incarnation of our favorite webhead. Though, it's not significant enough for me to consider it a bad movie. Most people I know will prefer the first trilogy and they're free to do so. When they first announced this movie, I was really skeptical, but coming out from the cinema I had nothing but a smile. It was action packed and the story was cool. The characters were not forgettable at all unlike some others from the previous trilogy. I fell in love with this Peter Park, fell in love with Gwen Stacy and definitely fell in love with aunt May.
Second thing, even though it had many elements from the previous series, it was a breath of fresh air for superhero movies. It had cheesy dialogue, great effects and gave Spiderman a new life. After watching Spiderman 3 (2007), which imo isn't the best superhero movie out there, watching this one was just the greatest thing. It was refreshing.
Third thing, it had one of the cutest couples on screen ever imho. The chemistry between Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield was probably the best thing from this movie. For people looking for purely action movies, this probably isn't the best one for you. Though, I think it's not hard to admit these two made a great job. Their characters themselves were great and this was a big plus. You have a funny spiderman, a socially awkward Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy who is just so adorable.

Finally, I would rewatch and rewatch this movie countless times. It had great funny sequences, great action and some scenes that will make you emotional. The romance is a big plus, it's like the cherry on top of the cake, perhaps. You can't go wrong with Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield. It might make you forget some stuff you feel could have been better in the movie.

I know I had more reasons. I might add them later (or not lol).

Expect the movie in 4th position tomorrow!

4. X-Men First Class (2011)
X-Men-First-Class-2011.jpg

The X-Men series! It just gets bigger and bigger through the years and it just seems to get better year after year. First Class was the start of a new trilogy and the start of a good one. Oh, and this doesn't mean the old movies were bad, not at all. I just wasn't that much of a fan. So far we have First Class and Days of Future Past and both are great movies. Taking the audience back in the 60's on First Class just work so well. It makes it more unique when compared to other superhero movies knowing that most happen in 2000 whatever it was released. It also introduced some awesome characters. I think about Emma Frost, Havok, Angel and Riptide. Lead by some great performances in most parts. I also think about Michael Fassbender playing the younger version of Magneto which was just sick.

This movie (or Days of Future Past) definitely deserves to be on any top list of Marvel movies. The setting, the actors, the characters, the action, just great!

3. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
avengers_age_of_ultron_2015_movie-wide.jpg

How convenient right!? It was just released about a week ago and makes it on my top 5 list of Marvel movies. Well, there are good reasons for it to be on my top 5. POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD, DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET AND PLAN TO.
So, it starts right into the action and ends with a blast. It introduced many characters that were fantastic to see on screen. The new characters just make the whole thing better. There's the twins, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch witch were portrayed by great actors. Also, who doesn't love Scarlet Witch's powers? It's one of the more unique powers we have seen in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe).
The villain in this movie is really dope too. Like, who said villains can't make you laugh? Some of Ultron's lines were cheesy and funny. Even though he had a more comical side, he delivered as a great villain. Also, creating a whole army of himself for himself is awesome.
Finally we get Vision, a mysterious character and definitely one of the most interesting characters right now. Not much is known about him yet in the movies and I am definitely looking forward for more.
Other than the addition of some great characters, we get the usual action sequences that just seem to get better with time. I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite one, they're all great to be honest. We also get the privilege to see more into some of the heroes' lives, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Hulk. In this case, mainly Hawkeye which was a great move by Marvel. We barely got anything in the past movies and we finally get to know him more. What is shown can only make you like Hawkeye more. He was a dull character in the past movies, and Age of Ultron definitely gave him a purpose. I won't say much about Hulk and Black Widow. Seeing more from these three is great. They don't get solo movies every 2 or 3 years (or none at all), so it's a good thing to show more of them.
Finally, the ending scene(s). It just makes me look forward to Civil War and all the other MCU movies.

Age of Ultron is a great popcorn movie. If you're a fan of the universe you'll understand it stands here on my list. It had a darker yet more comical tone than the first Avengers movie imo.

2. Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-End-Credits-Scene-Explained.jpg

Yes more team/superheroes assemble movies. That's probably because they have been working so well lately. Guardians of the Galaxy has to be one of the best superhero team-up movie there is. It was probably the least expected success from Marvel fans. Most of these characters weren't really known until very recently. If you're a comic book reader, you're most likely more familiar with Star-Lord and his squad.
With past Marvel movies, we were brought to the 40s, to the 60s, to the other side of the planet, but with Guardians, we went further. Exploring the outer space and man did it pay out! I mean, who wouldn't want to be a Ravager and be out there!?
Now what makes this movie even greater (Other than being in space and how it's presented in the movie)? AWESOME characters. Groot, Rocket, Star-Lord, Drax, Gamora, Nebula, Ronan the Accuser and so many more. You've got all kind of characters, from adorable to pretty much really evil. The villain is an extremely likable character. Right from the start, when Ronan first appears, you're plunged into his universe and actually believe he will be successful. He's portrayed by Lee Pace, whom also played Thranduil in the Hobbit trilogy (another great performance imo).
Next, duo Rocket Raccoon and Groot. Well... they're just GREAT. I don't think I need to explain why they're that great. If you've seen the movie, you'll probably understand why.
I would say why each character is great, but that'd take too much time. They're all likable and hating them is kind of really hard if you ask me. They know how to be funny, they know how to be heroes or be bad guys. It's all so plausible.
The story and the plot just makes you want to see more. We also get to see some more scenes with Thanos, which simply builds more hype for what is yet to come in future MCU movies. It's probably the movie that explains the best the whole MCU storyline. It'll make things more clear.

So to make a brief resume. You've got some of the best characters, some of the most adorable too. There's the obligatory action scenes. You've got a lot of comedy going on too. Some of the most unusual stuff from the MCU movies going on in here. The fact that it wasn't expected to be a success makes it great. Groot's last scenes in the movie. Thanos and Ronan are some of the greatest villains yet. It's set in space and it offers so many possibilities to explore. Overall, it really deserves the success it got.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Captain-America-TWS.jpg

My top Marvel movie is none other than the second installment of Captain America! The Winter Soldier captivated the essence of what a modern superhero movie should be in my opinion. From start to finish, it was a great movie to watch. It did not have the biggest villain from Marvel's library, or a huge team like previous entries in this countdown. What Captain America: The Winter Soldier had was heart. It had an amazing story that went further than the ''taking over the world'' cliche. The bad guy's plan is wise and well thought. The Winter Soldier (the character) is an amazing addition to the catalog. Actors know exactly what they're doing in here and they really seem to enjoy their roles. From Chris Evans to Sebastian Stan to Samuel L. Jackson. We get to see some improvements on Captain America's suit which is really refreshing to see on screen after watching the two previous movies (Captain America: The First Avenger & The Avengers). With the help of Black Widow and Falcon, you can't go wrong either. Oh! and did I tell how sick Falcon's suit looks? It really is and it's a blast to see it in action. Speaking of action, the fighting scenes between the Cap and his enemies are awesome to watch. If you have seen the movie, you'll know exactly which scenes I'm talking about.

The story and plot makes it stand out from the other Marvel movies. It's captivating. Captain America might seem like one of the most bland characters from the MCU, but he's actually really far from that. The poor guy was frozen during almost 70 years and we can in someway feel what he feels. His emotions and thoughts are really well transmitted. Under that shell, hides an even stronger man. Sure he is muscle and all, but mostly, he is a man of principles and morals, we can really see it in The Winter Soldier.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is my ultimate movie yet. With upcoming movies in the MCU and out of the MCU, will it stand in the number 1 position? Only time will tell, but for now, it is not the case.

For those who actually read it or followed this first countdown, thank you. Then again, I kind of do this to let my thoughts out, so for myself and to have some fun, kinda. Expect a new countdown next week. I don't know which one it'll be yet. All I know is we're still far from Ant-Man's release!

Back