Sonic 3 and Knuckles

Sonic 3 and Knuckles is a game which is activated by lock-oning Sonic 3 and Sonic Knuckles.
How did you feel about it?
As for me, it is one of my favorite games- due to the large size of stages, and the awesome Blue Spheres special stage.

Edit: Someone move this to 'General Gaming', my mistake
Edit 2: Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Classic Collection has Sonic 3 and Knuckles on it. Mod can move it if collections don't count, though

Moved it to GG anyway since it was originally released on the Genesis/MegaDrive. And I'm also surprised we didn't have a topic on this game either. XD

This was the best Sonic game made by far, imo. It had tons of beautiful zones and powerups, the improved sprites were also nice, the addition of Knuckles was awesome along with adding the save feature, which was very convenient. The boss battles were the best out of all the classics. I loved everything about this game. This game is very nostalgic for me since I spent a lot of my childhood playing the classic Sonic games along with Mario games.

This was suppose to be all one game, but they didn't have time to complete it so they split them into two games. I'm glad they implemented the lock-on to show the game in its true form. This was the last good classic Sonic game. I wish they'd go back to making these; I don't find Sonic the Hedgehog 4 to be all that fun. It just doesn't have that spark like the classic Sonic games had.

Sonic 3 was way too short. Sonic and Knuckles was also too short, and had no Tails.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles actually feels like a full game, though.

Special stages were not as fun as Sonic 2, though, and I didn't like how you lost the Super Sonic transformation when you attempted to get the Super Emeralds, especially since Hyper Sonic isn't that much different than Super Sonic. (Though - I liked getting the Super Tails transformation for getting all the Super Emeralds :p)

Yoshiman222 said:
Sonic 3 was way too short. Sonic and Knuckles was also too short, and had no Tails.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles actually feels like a full game, though.

Special stages were not as fun as Sonic 2, though, and I didn't like how you lost the Super Sonic transformation when you attempted to get the Super Emeralds, especially since Hyper Sonic isn't that much different than Super Sonic. (Though - I liked getting the Super Tails transformation for getting all the Super Emeralds :p)
They were going to have it a full game, but they split in two games due to time constraints. I always loved to play this game, it had so much content for scoring.

And really? Blue Sphere was my favorite Special Stages, it was fun collecting the Blue Spheres and rings. There was also a version where there were a lot of Blue Sphere levels. Loved doing that, getting Perfects and all that.

S3&K is a beastly game. It probably has the most memorable soundtrack of any Sonic game to boot.

Back