NFan's Game Reviews

I guess I like to do these once every month in a while :p

Next review:

Kirby's Return to Dreamland for Nintendo Wii.
qrci17X.png

So Kirby makes a comeback on(at the time) the latest Nintendo console. The story is that a flying ship crashes on planet popstar, so Kirby and co. go and investigate, to find that the ship's captain lost all of his "gears." Kirby agrees to help him and find the gears. Pretty simple I guess.

The game itself is a regular 2D platformer. "If it isn't broken, don't fix it." Basically this applies here, it's as fun as the last few platforming Kirby games, especially with the four player mode. Everything's here, all the enemies, items, etc. Around in the world, you may find these special dimensional portal thingies that take you to an alternate dimension where you have to run from some goop. After that, you gotta defeat a monster that's holding some gears. So pretty straightforward about what to do when you enter the portal. There's about 8 worlds, so the game will keep you busy for a while.

The graphics are good, I guess this can be considered a 2.5D game since it's 3D models on a 2D platforming stage. The controls are smooth, and level design is alright. There's a few clever puzzle rooms floating around in the game.

Conclusion:

It's a classic character brought back with new elements such as four players and new abilities. Pretty awesome. I'd recommend this to you if you're looking for a new platformer game, especially if you have some friends that'd like to play with you.

Kirby Returns to Dreamland gets an 8/10.

Back