New Game Idea: Super Mario U

Hey guys! I recently had a Mario Game idea and wanted to place it on the forum. I was gonna put it on the Unannounced Game topic, but I decided if I put it here, I can add all my ideas and such ;)

So, basically, Super Mario U acts kinda like a sequel to Super Mario 64, but with a LOTTA new things. There will be more than one HUB world, and way more than 120 power stars. The different HUBS are referred to as areas, and in each section, there are 6 - 10 worlds, each containing 4 power stars.

In this post, I will talk about the areas, and then go on about the story :p

Area 1: Peach's Castle Courtyard (To get to worlds, you must jump through pipes) (Baby Peach)
Area 2: Peach's Castle F1 (There are paintings to jump in) (Red Toad)
Area 3: Peach's Castle F2 (There are paintings to jump in) (Yellow Toad)
Area 4: Toad House Plaza (You must enter Toad Houses to get to different worlds) (Purple Toad)
Area 5: Outer Space (Take launch stars to enter different worlds) (Rosalina)
Area 6: An unnamed small village (Different ways to enter different worlds, similar to Sunshine's unique ways) (Baby Luigi)
Area 7: A boat in the ocean (Sail the boat, similar to Galaxy 2) (Baby Wario)
Area 8: Star Carnival (It's back! Enter the tent and choose the act... Wizard Ballyhoo will teleport you to that level) (Baby DK)
Area 9: Peach's Castle FBasement (There are paintings to jump in) (Orange Toad)
Area 10: An unnamed garden-like area (You must walk around to different worlds) (Wiggler)

There will be a few more areas, but they will be talked about later.

As for gameplay and story, the game DOES feature 5P Co-op, with 8 playable characters: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, DK, Wario and Waluigi.

Story is that Bowser has gone MAD and got Jr, the Koopalings, Boom Boom, Pom Pom and Kamek to go crazy and kidnap all the Toads as well all the babies. Each area you save a Toad or baby. (See above for who you save in each area) Some areas also have special characters you must save.

Levels will be talked about next time! For now, comment on what you think of the game.

Mr.Malcolm said:
I'd buy this game in snap, but we do have SM3DW  ;D

Thanks! I wasn't planning on making a post today, but I may as well start to talk about levels... I will talk about the first 4 levels in Area 1... since I dont have a lot of time.

BEFORE I TALK ABOUT LEVELS... I WANT TO MENTION I MADE A CHANGE TO THE CHARACTER LIST. THERE IS ONLY 4P CO-OP, WITH MARIO, LUIGI, PEACH AND BLUE TOAD AS THE CHARACTERS. THERE IS ALSO A SLIGHT STORY VARIATION, WHERE YOU DONT HAVE TO SAVE KIDNAPPED TOADS AND BABIES. THE STORY IS STILL WORK IN PROGRESS.

AREA 1 LEVELS (8 levels, 24 power stars)
Donkey Kong Jungle - Finally, a starting level away from the main grasslands theme. Star 1 features you trying to find a star for Diddy Kong he accidentally shot in the sky. Use cannons to get it. Star 2 features you trying to save a power star that King K. Rool stole, with the help of the Kritters. Star 3 starts off with you talking to Dixie and Funky, saying they would go on an adventure to find the final power star, and after a short clip of them going and finding the power star, they get kidnapped, and you must find a way to open the cage.

Princess Warpichi's Castle - A new villain, Wario and Waluigi's cosuin, Warpichi! You must navigate her castle, which is an evil replica of Peach's Castle. Star 1 has Warpichi challenge you to a Goomba Stomping challenge in the courtyard, and Star 2 has you find a way to get onto the roof to BATTLE Warpichi after she finds out you are a villain. Star 3 then has you collecting 8 red coins in the castle.

Lavalava Island - Lavalava Island is back, with Yoshi's, Ravens, and SUSHIE! Star 1 is a throwback to Paper Mario, having you help Sushie to find 5 Yoshi Kids. Star 2 is basically a tutorial for riding on Yoshi, and Star 3 has you go into Mt. Lavalava to fight the Lava Piranha and make the volcano NOT erupt.

Bob Omb Battlefield - Another throwback level! Star 1 has you go to the top of the Battlefield and fight King Bob Omb. Star 2 has you go into a war with all the bob ombs (pink on ur side, black on the other), and against Wario, Waluigi, Warpichi and Waktod. Star 3 has you collect the flying squirrel powerup (which is now rendered for use in a 3D environment) to fly through the Red Rings in the sky.

Next session, we will talk about the rest of Area 1 and all of Area 2. I will also get into the NEW STORYLINE!

Back