Castaway Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castaway Bay 

Castaway Bay is one of my favorite boards on Mario Party 6. (Not my entire favorite, but it's a board I like a lot.) I like how the board is made and the environnement of the board as well... (I like this island.) What I like here is how the happening spaces can either help you or putting in trouble, because of how you can make Donkey Kong's boat rotate with Bowser's one, and the opposite. Donkey Kong sell a star for 20 coins but Bowser steal you a Star (or 20 coins if you don't have any Stars), it's where I hope to be near with huge numbers on the dice block, or away with little numbers.

CBday.JPG
During the day, there isn't a lot happening around, the event spaces seems to don't do as much except making rotating the boats. What I like during the day is that things seems easier in some of the events, like the monkey event seems easier when you are going during the day because during the night there are way more spinies and this make it harder to get a good number of coins, but that's mostly it. The last happening space on the last island does nothing, already less problem if I am landing on it and that the star is near.

CBnight.JPG

During the night, it's here that a lot of things is happenning. I first like the board view, it's really beautiful during the night. Only the little details can help a lot around, here, especially Pink Boo that is showing up only during the night to steal coins and stars. (Really useful for these,but I think that it's also useful to get some of these Anti-Boo orbs to avoid getting stolen.) Also, this space near the Goomba (it's a Mushroom during the day) also have a strange power during the night that can help or put others in trouble, which is switching places. Could as much help me or putting me in trouble, here. I like when I am helped this way.

Ok, so what about all of you? Is there something you like? Dislike? Feel free to discuss about this board!

NEW Mario's Rainbow Castle!

Complete with Bowser's new reward of making you lose a star!

...but, yeah - liked this board a lot more than Mario's Rainbow Castle.
Maybe it's because you're so high in the sky that I'm afraid that I'll fall off if I land on the wrong space. :p

...honestly, I'm not entirely sure why I liked this board more, though.
Maybe it's the unique Day/Night events as you said earlier. I really liked some, while others did annoy me.

Yoshiman222 said:
NEW Mario's Rainbow Castle!

Complete with Bowser's new reward of making you lose a star!
Basically the same goal and characteristics than this board, exception it's on a port and three islands instead of being in the skies. Because well, it's the same kind of board if you compare, you are always going on the same direction and you then have Donkey Kong and Bowser that are switching each time someone meet one of them or is landing on the happening space that make change sides, while on this one from the first Mario Party, it's Toad and Bowser at the summit of the castle that are changing places, and the way of this board is literraly the same, too. Basically, an inspiration of this board for Castaway Bay.
Yoshiman222 said:
...but, yeah - liked this board a lot more than Mario's Rainbow Castle.
Maybe it's because you're so high in the sky that I'm afraid that I'll fall off if I land on the wrong space. :p
In the skies, you are high, it's true. While on a bay with islands, the worst that could happen is throwing you in the water, but yeah, at least, I don't think this would happen to any of us in real... let's just hope not.

Castaway Bay was one of my favourite boards in MP6. I like how it used the same concept of Mario's Rainbow Castle which works well. I love it when you and a friend are on the Alien Island (as I'll call it) and Bowser is at the dock. It's like a frantic dash to not roll a high number. Also we saw an Alienin this board! Aliens are awesome except I don't understand why Nintendo put the Alien in because this game is also played by children who would get scared of something like that.

This is a board in Mario Party 6 I really enjoy, well, I don't hate any of them :-D.Castaway Bay required some strategy to avoid Bowser most of the time. I personally purchase as many sluggish shroom orbs and boo-away orbs as I can. Sluggish shroom orbs are probably the most helpful in this board while this board and Tower Treetop are the only ones that have Pink Boo available at night. This board is really fun to play long turns on. It also has a classic feel to it as obtaining stars is similar to Mario's Rainbow Castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back