Author Topic: Mario Party 2's striking similarity with Disney Land?  (Read 1544 times)

Offline PartyPopStar

• TOMO TOMO DACHI DACHI!
Mario Party 2's striking similarity with Disney Land?
« on: August 01, 2009, 04:31:48 PM »
I don't know if any of you guys had ever noticed this but one of my friends brought this to my attention the other day! Mario Party 2 bears a striking similarity with Disneyland as far the different themes of the boards are concerned. For instance:

In Disney Land you have Tomorrow  Land, Frontier Land....and in Mario Party 2 you have places like Space Land and Western Land..and if you look closely at the box art, Peach's castle sits in the center of all the places just like the Disney Castle sits in the center of all the Lands.

I just thought that was an interesting connection but I could just be crazy  ;)

What do you all think?

Offline Marioguy

• Spent 4 years in cryogenic freeze
  • us 
Re: Mario Party 2's striking similarity with Disney Land?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 04:45:03 PM »
Nice few Notices but the Tomorrow Land and Frontier Land stuff doesn't have "Stages". Though nice Concidence.

While I'm probably going to dump the username I don't want to get rid of the banner though...

Offline Yoshi1

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 05:24:48 PM »
Nice few Notices but the Tomorrow Land and Frontier Land stuff doesn't have "Stages". Though nice Concidence.
I think the same. I'll check that out next time.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 10:40:14 PM »
Yeah, it is a nice coincidence. Maybe Hudson wanted Mario Party 2 to be a bit similar to Disneyland.

Offline PartyPopStar

• TOMO TOMO DACHI DACHI!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 07:36:54 AM »
I also personally think that's part of the reason that Mario Party is often considered the greatest one by a lot of people- it reminds them to much of Disney Land whether they consciously realize the similarity or not; but to me, all of the Mario Parties are like theme parks in and of themselves.

Offline Milla Maxwell

• Sent by the gods
  • 貰った!始まりの力、手の内に! 我が導となり、こじ開けなさい! スプリ
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 04:11:35 PM »
Oh I never noticed.I sorta had a feeling they were related because i just recently went there.

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 11:59:37 PM »
That's a pretty far-fetched comparision but still alright. Though it's probably not what it's based off off.
rip dinosaur

Offline the lone sin

• wow i reached the rank koopa in under 30 hours!
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 10:36:31 AM »
Now that you bring it up i do see a resemblence of mario party 2 and disney land i never thougt of it that way though you must have a good eye to see that  :D
Did you know that there is over 700 diffrent minigames in the whole franchise!! kool huh? and mario party is the only good real life video board game out there
(my opinion)

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 07:52:01 PM »
Interesting. I'd be comfortable to say that it's just a coincidence, but it does make sense - Mario Land does have that theme park-y feel, and as pointed out above, the kinds of themes (Space Land = Tomorrowland, Mystery Land = Frontier Land) that MP2 has do sort of relate to those in Disneyland. (If you're wondering why I can say this, it's because I've been to the Hong Kong Disneyland.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:13:41 PM by H-J カービイ »

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline mari0vsluigi

• Keep Calm and Party On.
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 06:45:34 AM »
Dude that's freaky! Just so all of you know, I have been to Disney WORLD (way bigger and better) 5 times. BOO YOU!