Author Topic: Rate Mario Party (1)!  (Read 7960 times)

Offline colewilliam1999

Re: Rate Mario Party (1)!
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 10:11:41 AM »
I'd give Mario Party a 7/10. I hate giving it a 7 (I'd rather give it an 8), but there are just some negatively things about it. Here are some positives and negatives about the game:

Positives -
8 boards! I like how the boards are theme-based on each character (and that there are more boards in this game than any other Mario Party game).
Awesome items! There are so many cool items that you can buy and use in gameplay, such as: dice blocks, music record, talking parrots!
Fun minigames! Mario Party has the funnest and most fast-paced minigames. They are so much fun to play.
Sountrack! The music in Mario Party is great. I love hearing all the cool music that you hear while playing the game.

Negatives -
100 stars! It takes forever to become the Superstar. You have to play a handful of games to collect a bunch of stars. It takes forever!
Losing coins in minigames! I always hate losing with another player to another team and have to lose 5 or 10 coins or something like that.
Characters! The character roster for Mario Party (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, DK) is great, but it's a bit small, so there isn't a variety of players to choose from.

Although Mario Party has its ups and downs, it's still a great game. So, again, I give Mario Party a 7/10. Great game!!!  :mario: :star:

Offline Detective Koshi

• Dont Cry Because Its Over, Smile Cause It Happened
  • us 
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 05:12:38 PM »
6/10

I must give it respect for it being the first game, laying the foundation for future MPs, but I feel like it was more of a beta verison of Mario Party which was perfected in MP2. 

pros
Introduced the series and basic gameplay formula
fun mini games
Mini game island and staduim
8 boards 

cons
Unforgiving, when it came to rotate control stick games and losing coins for failing mini games
limited character roster
Boards had a very annoying factors to them like Wario Battle Canyon
To be honest i thought MP2 was a downgrade. I think 1 was far better than 2

Be Who You Are, And Say What You Mean, because Those Who Matter Don't Mind, and Those Who Mind, Don't Matter-Dr.Seuss  :star: Live Your Life How You Want :bluestar:

Offline ChickenLegs

• This is the way the world ends...
  • Not with a bang but a whimper.
  • us 
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 04:41:50 PM »
CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!
This has been another...pointless moment.

Offline Detective Koshi

• us 
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 01:05:59 PM »
CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!
  Really? I loved MP1's Boards

Be Who You Are, And Say What You Mean, because Those Who Matter Don't Mind, and Those Who Mind, Don't Matter-Dr.Seuss  :star: Live Your Life How You Want :bluestar:

Offline tufus74

• Nomnomnom
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 12:39:12 AM »
I'd have to give it a 7/10 because some stages are really goddam annoying. But its a great game aside from that!
Thats a very nice post you have there...
It'd be a shame if something happened to it...

Offline Super Mario Gamer(95)

• Playing Mario Since (1995)
  • Now your playing with Power, Super Power!!
  • us 
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 04:34:40 AM »
i give it a 9/10 cuz the music is great, the boards are great, the minigames are fantastic.

But the only thing i don't like is the joystick minigames those are painful to play but still fun.
Nintendo Gamer since (1995) and grew up playing game's over the years such as
 Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros 64, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Wii & More!  and own Nintendo Systems SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U & soon NES.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 08:02:48 AM »
i give it a 9/10 cuz the music is great, the boards are great, the minigames are fantastic.

But the only thing i don't like is the joystick minigames those are painful to play but still fun.

Post from earlier:

Well since this in my opinion was the best mario party in the n64 mp series i give it 10/10 I just loved this game it was so unique and in my opinion had the best boards in the N64 mario party series.

and its kinda still unique today cause its the only mario party to still have 8 boards.

But who knows maybe Mario Party 10 will have 8 or 9 boards and brake the record.

So is it 9/10 or 10/10? :P

Offline Gameguy1996

• us 
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »
7 out of 10 Two many rotateing control stick minigames and boo for free.The boards are great and some mini games are really great.

Thanks DJ Swangler

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2012, 06:34:20 PM »
10/10

Its the original and I always give the first game in a series a perfect score for starting it all.
GAH! That's too high... =P

I know everyone has their opinion and such, but idk how people could give it a perfect scoring, it's fun yes, but the super luck and annoying mini-games bother me.

Offline Detective Koshi

• us 
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 10:50:16 AM »
10/10

Its the original and I always give the first game in a series a perfect score for starting it all.
GAH! That's too high... =P

I know everyone has their opinion and such, but idk how people could give it a perfect scoring, it's fun yes, but the super luck and annoying mini-games bother me.
   what luck factor? what annoying mini games? i also gave it a 10 out of 10 and PROUD Woo Hoo!! Like you said we all have our opinions!