Author Topic: Rate Mario Party (1)!  (Read 7954 times)

Offline cookieboy17

• da
Re: Rate Mario Party (1)!
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 09:22:24 AM »
8/10

For being the first game, it was solid. I think sometimes turns could be a bit boring since not much happened (there were only like 4 spaces) but the minigames were fun for the most part (there were some meh ones). The one thing I always find fun about this game is the minigames that make you lose coins or take coins from others it's a nice topsy turvy like thing that you have control over your own destiny for the most part. Of course the rotating games are a glaring problem.
rip dinosaur

Offline Chafuter

• Waluigi's Cousin
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 07:05:44 AM »

Offline Yoshi Party! (Formerly LP)

• No Avatar for Now
  • USE CANCEL CLOCK!
  • kr 
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 07:18:57 AM »
I haven't played it in a while, but I guess give it like 3.5/10

I just didn't like it. I'm not one to enjoy games purely on "nostalgia".
Way too many games were coin minigames and pretty much every game had you "collecting coins out of a box or something"
Way too luck-based gameplay, Mario's Rainbow Castle was just walk to the end and risk getting a ztar. At least Castaway Bay was funner and different and wasn't purely luck based
And the AI was so unfair! They always get the stars no matter what. And then sometimes they did stupid decisions like going to a Bowser space when they could get the star in going in another direction or something.
Grapphics are meh (well it is 3D 64 so I guess I can't really say that)
Too much luck implemented, luck minigames, chance time, etc.
Gameplay in minigames was annoying, it took like 80 minutes to turn a character around in another direction without them sliding all over the stages. And the jumping. Oh god the jumping took like an hour to jump.
It's not all bad though. Some of the minigames were fun like Skateboard Scamper and Hexagon Heat (mushroom mixup, same thing) and platform peril.
1. Later Mario Party games had luck minigames and chance time, too.
2. It doesn't take 80 minutes to turn a character, and one hour to jump.  :what:
3. Just because there are too many coin minigames, it doesn't mean that it is unfun.
4. What AI difficulty are you playing with? They aren't so unfair in normal...
I am not trying to offend your review or whatsoever.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 07:23:40 AM by Luigi Party! »
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Offline Eggroe

• BIRDO DESERVED ITS PLAYABLE SPOT!
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 08:34:17 AM »
Hmm... 5/10

Most of minigames were good..
a point deducted for rotatey control stick and single player minigames
too many coin minigames
boards were basically all the same concept (same with 2 but that had better games and items) and  MP3 had the whole Mirage thing in the desert board.

Offline Swalot

• is the best Poison Type Pokemon Ever and is in the
  • Can't remember what goes here. Oh well.
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 05:21:29 PM »
I'll give it a 5.5/10.

Pros
The game is very original and started the series. It brought many good memories and some great boards are included.

Cons
Mini-games are limited and every time I do a gameboard, Pipe Maze is played 3 times whenever I do a 20 turn board. Also, the fact that almost every mini-game makes you lose coins from losing hard to make it possible to unlock things.

This game is great, but features could've been really improved damaging its score. If less coin-losing and luck mini-games were added, this'd be one of the best MPs.

Offline Wiiboy4ever

• us 
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 05:48:50 PM »

Way too many games were coin minigames and pretty much every game had you "collecting coins out of a box or something"
Way too luck-based gameplay, Mario's Rainbow Castle was just walk to the end and risk getting a ztar. At least Castaway Bay was funner and different and wasn't purely luck based
And the AI was so unfair! They always get the stars no matter what. And then sometimes they did stupid decisions like going to a Bowser space when they could get the star in going in another direction or something.
Gameplay in minigames was annoying, it took like 80 minutes to turn a character around in another direction without them sliding all over the stages. And the jumping. Oh god the jumping took like an hour to jump.
It's not all bad though. Some of the minigames were fun like Skateboard Scamper and Hexagon Heat (mushroom mixup, same thing) and platform peril.
2. It doesn't take 80 minutes to turn a character, and one hour to jump.  :what:
3. Just because there are too many coin minigames, it doesn't mean that it is unfun.

1. I know.
2. I'm just exaggerating.
3. Well it kinda does, technically, depending on if you like the coin minigames. Most of them to me had too of a similar concept, so that ruined the fun for me a little.
4. Fluctuates.
I know you're not trying to offend me.  :) Sorry if I sounded mean.
I like pancakes.

• No Avatar for Now
  • USE CANCEL CLOCK!
  • kr 
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 10:56:27 PM »

1. I know.
2. I'm just exaggerating.
3. Well it kinda does, technically, depending on if you like the coin minigames. Most of them to me had too of a similar concept, so that ruined the fun for me a little.
4. Fluctuates.
I know you're not trying to offend me.  :) Sorry if I sounded mean.
I agreed with number 4- sometimes nobody hinders me- sometimes, Normal AI Yoshi tries to steal all my stars.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 08:05:58 AM »
10/10

Its the original and I always give the first game in a series a perfect score for starting it all.

Offline Wiiboy4ever

• us 
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 05:24:37 PM »
10/10

Its the original and I always give the first game in a series a perfect score for starting it all.
You know, that doesn't seem too reasonable if you ask me,
I like pancakes.

Offline OhMyToad

• Mario Party 9 yeah. ^^.
  • nl 
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 03:31:20 AM »
10/10

You know, that doesn't seem too reasonable if you ask me,
Ghehe, I think it's funny xD

Mario party 9.. Mario party 9... Mario party 9.. YEAH! =D

• No Avatar for Now
  • USE CANCEL CLOCK!
  • kr 
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 03:40:18 AM »
10/10

Does that mean you give 10 points to Donkey Kong?  :P

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »
Not exactly.  I mean more like games in a series. Like the Mario Parties, Street Fighter, Final Fantasies, ect. I'm not sure if there even was a Donkey Kong 2 I think the sequel or spin off was a DK JR. game.

Offline Star Hunter

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 09:25:58 PM »
6/10

I must give it respect for it being the first game, laying the foundation for future MPs, but I feel like it was more of a beta verison of Mario Party which was perfected in MP2. 

pros
Introduced the series and basic gameplay formula
fun mini games
Mini game island and staduim
8 boards 

cons
Unforgiving, when it came to rotate control stick games and losing coins for failing mini games
limited character roster
Boards had a very annoying factors to them like Wario Battle Canyon

Offline Super Mario Gamer(95)

• Playing Mario Since (1995)
  • Now your playing with Power, Super Power!!
  • us 
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 03:49:45 AM »
Well since this in my opinion was the best mario party in the n64 mp series i give it 10/10 I just loved this game it was so unique and in my opinion had the best boards in the N64 mario party series.

and its kinda still unique today cause its the only mario party to still have 8 boards.

But who knows maybe Mario Party 10 will have 8 or 9 boards and brake the record.
Nintendo Gamer since (1995) and grew up playing game's over the years such as
 Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros 64, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Wii & More!  and own Nintendo Systems SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U & soon NES.

Offline ChickenLegs

• This is the way the world ends...
  • Not with a bang but a whimper.
  • us 
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »
7/10 because it's TRUE!
This has been another...pointless moment.