Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Awakening  (Read 17337 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 06:43:53 PM »
Update: Pre-order from GameStop for the Limited Character Art Book bonus!
EB Games in Canada is offering the same bonus, too!
Did that just happen?
I probably qualify for this then since I pre-ordered it earlier at an EB games... though I'm not really sure...

...doesn't matter really anyways...
Yes, it did just happen. Though I'm sure you will still qualify for it. Be sure to ask when you get the game.

EDIT: Demo is available now!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:58:17 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 07:12:07 PM »
Just got the game today, even if it's set to be released in about... a week from now ;D

It's good so far, but all I've really done was go through the levels in the prologue and 1st chapter which was in the demo, as well as an additional chapter that's played before any of these chapters.

Might play some more of it soon. :P

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 01:33:56 AM »
DB - who cares at this time, because first DLC pack is available already (Before the release, it seems)
It's free, and the map is based on the first chapter of the first Fire Emblem game.

Spoiler: What it's about (click to show/hide)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 05:14:44 PM »
^ Free until Wednesday, March 6, 2013.

Also, here's the Iwata Asks for Fire Emblem. One part of the interview states that this game could have taken place in Mars.

Mars? Really? Could have been fun if it really were to be taken place there...on a planet other than Earth.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2013, 12:51:32 AM »
Coming to Europe on Friday, April 19, 2013. Australians can get theirs on Saturday, April 20, 2013.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 02:39:46 PM »
Update:

SpotPass Updates throughout Spring 2013!

Quote from: Press Release
Fire Emblem Awakening launched on Feb. 4, exclusively on Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, but bonus content keeps the game play going strong. Fans will continue to look forward to and receive free game content via SpotPass all the way through spring. This new SpotPass content is different from the downloadable content that is currently available through the game's Outrealm Gate. The free SpotPass map available today is called "A Hard Miracle," and follows the story of Fire Emblem Awakening main character Chrom as he encounters a mysterious woman and sets off on a journey with her to rescue a group of kidnapped villagers.

During the next few weeks, more maps will become available through the SpotPass feature. These include "Ghost of Blade" on March 28, a haunted tale about a ghost and the ultimate sacrifice; "The Wellspring of Trust" on April 11, a map full of challenging enemies; and "The Radiant Hero" on April 25, which takes place on an isolated island as Chrom and his allies search for a legendary hero. Players can also look forward to other special items that will be distributed for free via SpotPass, such as special weapons, additional playable characters and bonus challengers for the game's Double Duel multiplayer mode.

SpotPass is a built-in Nintendo 3DS feature that allows content to be automatically downloaded to a Nintendo 3DS hand-held system through wireless Internet access points. To receive content in Fire Emblem Awakening, users must opt in to receiving content from SpotPass. To check if SpotPass is on, open the main menu in the game by pressing the X button, then select "Wireless," then "SpotPass."

When SpotPass data is downloaded to the Nintendo 3DS system, users will receive a notification message. After receiving this message, open the main menu in the game once more, then select "Wireless," "Bonus Box" and "Update Now." The SpotPass maps can be found under "Bonus Maps."

For more information about Fire Emblem Awakening, visit http://fireemblem.nintendo.com/.
And here's more DLC packs:

Lost Bloodlines 3 ($2.50)
-Fight both armies from Lost Bloodlines 1 & 2
-Recruit Seliph from Seisen no Keifu
-Also receive the "Paragon" skill (2x experience)

Smash Brethren ($3.00)
-Join up with Roy's army to fight Ike's army
-Recruit Elincia from Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn

Smash Pack ($6.50)
-All 3 Smash Brethren maps (Smash Brethren 2 & 3 to be released later)

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2013, 03:39:31 PM »

LOL
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2013, 05:34:34 PM »
And that's why I don't have this game, or at least, what the comic alludes to.
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »
???

Why because they say dastards? Lol.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 05:43:19 PM »
???
Why because they say dastards? Lol.
Nar! Tis' be actual profaneness that keeps me away(Even in the demo). I've always been intimidated by the T-rating.
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »
Profaneness? The game is pretty tame. You act like 8-4 did some terrible perverted translation :-p

Also you probably should never play any Atlus game ever if you find that profane. I can just imagine you playing Etrian Odyssey IV and you being mad when the weapon dealer says, "I've got a lady boner harder dan steel for dat stuff". Fire Emblem is a hilarious but pretty mild translation.

Buy this game. Its awesome. Support my boy Tony Loiseleur who worked on the translation and all the other fine people over at 8-4.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Toadette

• The Best Mario Character ever in the History of Forever
  • 2k15 #YearofToadette 👍
  • us 
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2013, 06:02:34 PM »
The only thing really T-rated about this game is the blood. Which there is very little of.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2013, 06:06:46 PM »
Tharja being a total creeper is the best.

Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Toadette

• The Best Mario Character ever in the History of Forever
  • 2k15 #YearofToadette 👍
  • us 
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2013, 06:09:36 PM »
Tharja being a total creeper is the best.

Don't forget the loving bonds between Father and Son.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2013, 06:15:01 PM »
Hit me up on twitter.