Author Topic: End Game Tie  (Read 10935 times)

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
Re: End Game Tie
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 05:11:34 PM »
Haven't seen this yet other than Wario and Peach having a tie for 3rd on Waluigi's Island.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 07:17:30 PM »
I haven't seen this for the more recent Mario Parties. I've heard they changed it in Mario Party 9.

I have had it happen to me at least two times in the Nintendo 64 Mario Parties though. Last Year, I was playing the Mini-game Stadium in Mario Party and I was playing as Yoshi. Me and the computer controlled Luigi had the same amount of coins at the end of the game. I won the dice roll.

The more recent one was a duel in Mario Party 3 of me versus my nephew. We knocked out each others heart pieces thanks to Boo's counter attack, even large ones such as a powered up successful Baby Bowser attack.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline SkyCrusher

Re: About 8.
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 08:37:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure it'll be determined by dice roll. If you get the higher roll, you win. If not, then you try again.
This is what happened. If I'm right, Luigi and Yoshi got a tie on MP2 and they had to roll the dice to determine the winner.

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 05:11:17 PM »
MP7 and MP8 makes sure that a tie would not happen (They choose the bonus stars accordingly)

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 07:13:26 PM »
MP7 and MP8 makes sure that a tie would not happen (They choose the bonus stars accordingly)

Ah, that's why I never got a tie in those two Mario Parties before. It is impossible or at least very unlikely more than one player would meet the criteria to receive a bonus star simultaneously. Just another reason for me to hate the bonus stars in the Mario Party 7 and 8. I think the same thing applies to Mario Party DS because they have similar Bonus Stars to MP7 and MP8. They are also impossible to turn off.

And I always thought it was possible to get a tie in those Mario Parties. I wonder if it will be possible to have an end game tie in the upcoming Mario Party 3DS.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 08:43:37 PM »

Ah, that's why I never got a tie in those two Mario Parties before. It is impossible or at least very unlikely more than one player would meet the criteria to receive a bonus star simultaneously. Just another reason for me to hate the bonus stars in the Mario Party 7 and 8. I think the same thing applies to Mario Party DS because they have similar Bonus Stars to MP7 and MP8. They are also impossible to turn off.

And I always thought it was possible to get a tie in those Mario Parties. I wonder if it will be possible to have an end game tie in the upcoming Mario Party 3DS.
I think it's still possible, if you turn off the Bonus Stars. Getting a tie in any Mario Party is very rare.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 09:04:36 PM »

I think it's still possible, if you turn off the Bonus Stars. Getting a tie in any Mario Party is very rare.

It's been awhile but I thought it was impossible to turn the bonus stars off in Mario Party 7 and Mario Party 8. I know it is in Mario Party DS.

I'd love to see a video showing the dialogue in the rare event of a tie in all the Mario Parties. The ones where it's possible of course (obviously Advance is excluded).

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• Iggy Koopa Lover ~ <3
  • ca 
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 03:42:55 AM »
It's been awhile but I thought it was impossible to turn the bonus stars off in Mario Party 7 and Mario Party 8. I know it is in Mario Party DS.
It is possible in every Mario Party to turn off the Bonus Stars... also I got a tie on Mario Party 7, even with the bonus stars on, so it's really possible. Like how I was currently last by 2 stars off and then I got 2 bonus stars, and one other computer which was having as much stars as me got one, then I was tied with the computer which was having the same number of coins and stars than me, so we rolled a dice block and it's how it was decided (and I lose that dice block, so guess what happenned...) so yeah.
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry: