Author Topic: Thank God the Hidden Block got removed  (Read 7840 times)

Offline cookieboy17

• da
Re: Thank God the Hidden Block got removed
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 11:06:49 PM »
Never had a problem with Hidden Blocks. IT"S THE WAY OF THE GAME! Plus, I want to say you can get a Magic Lamp no matter what your position is, you just have to be past a certain turn (half way done or something).
Yeah I know. I played Mario Party 4 on the Koopa board and I was like a star behind Daisy with 2 turns to go and the b**** bought a Magic Lamp and won the game. I was so pissed.
rip dinosaur

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 07:24:41 PM »
The hidden block wasn't too bad for me. For Mario Party 3 the hidden blocks are usually pleasant twards me. Such as rewarding me with stars,coins, or decent items. The computers usually get skeleton keys. I actually want them to return with their chances toned down, include Z-tars like Mario Party DS. Along with the option to turn them off. I used to think a random blue space was selected every new game so every player can get something on that space. The Hidden Block appears too much in Mario Party 2 though. They don't really affect the game too drastically, unlike Chance Time.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 07:35:21 PM »
Hidden blocks wasn't a big problem for me, it only comes a good 2 times out of the whole gameplay. Usually the hidden block give the CPU a skeleton key anyway so it does not both me as much. For MP2, I have to admit those's were a nuisances.

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 07:44:28 PM »
MP2 Hidden Blocks were very annoying. MP3 onwards were fine.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 10:57:09 PM »
It's only annoying when a CPU gets a star from it.
And that happens most of the time whenever one of these decides to pop-up...

Offline Garrulous

• wakes up screaming from the american dream
  • Black and nerdy
  • us 
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 12:59:20 PM »
CPU players in my game: nothing but magic lamps and stars (and the occasional coins) usually near the end of the game when shooting for first place and all I need is just 1 bloody star.
Friends: 1 star and a lot of coins.
Me: no stars or items, just some bloody coins.

Yeah, the hidden block in this game was total bs. u-u

Offline SkyCrusher

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 07:09:36 PM »
I didn't really see a problem with the Hidden Blocks as long as they weren't overused. One of my friends was complaining recently since I got two stars out of luck and managed to win the game. Really, MP2 is skill but has some luck involved in the game.