Poll

IS IT??

Yes
5 (26.3%)
No
14 (73.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Is your Wii hacked?  (Read 5430 times)

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
Re: Is your Wii hacked?
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2011, 12:01:43 AM »
^Then again, companies never recommend you make backups. Nintendo especially. D:

I wonder what the Intellectual Property Act in AUS says about this. (Remember, the NSMBWii thing involved an Australian IIRC).

@VIP - while you feel the need to tell intricacies of your life, I doubt anyone really wants to hear you out.

Just on the topic of making a personal copy on DVD, since some of the Wii discs have around 8GB of viable content, would people be using dual layer discs or a large capacity one?

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Amatatomba

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2011, 10:25:21 AM »
Regardless, nobody would prosecute you for downloading a game you already own. They'd go after the distributor. For all intents & purposes, it doesn't matter if its illegal or not.

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2011, 12:59:19 PM »
Blah blah blah...I'm a pirate! ;D

rip dinosaur

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2011, 01:11:45 PM »
>pirating Golden Sun

You monster
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Mr. Toast

• 1,000 post by 10-22-11
  • Hi everyone
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2011, 01:53:36 PM »
No, my Wii is not hacked. I don't play it enough to hack it.

Offline Amatatomba

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2011, 10:00:40 PM »
>pirating Golden Sun

You monster

A couple years ago, I would have bought it. But nowadays I rarely spend any money I have on games, and never on DS games. So piracy is the only way I'd ever play it, otherwise I'd just go without.

It'll probably be my last game though. I think I'll sell my DS & games & give away my Acekard after I beat it.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2011, 01:54:18 PM »
give away my Acekard after I beat it.
I'LL TAKE IT.

Also, another reason to hack your Wii: You can back up your entire Wii, onto a SD card.

I have every aspect of my Wii on a single 8gb SD card. If while messing around in my Wii I mess something up, as long as it turns on, I have a working Wii.

BOOT MII HEALL YEAH.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Amatatomba

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 09:44:38 AM »
I'll keep you in mind then =P

Its an Acekard 2 if that makes a difference. I just know I'll probably never use my DS again after this, so why keep it or the Acekard?

Hell, if I can beat GS:DD by Saturday I'll sell my DS at the garage sale my mom is having.

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 12:42:11 PM »
So if I hacked my Wii I'd be able to play NES and N64 games and stuff like that on it?

And people still do garage sales? Can't stuff easily get stolen at garage sales? :P I remember when I was 5 I took a hotwheels car and unknowingly put it in my pocket and didn't put it back and when I came home my dad realized I took it and beat me. :(

rip dinosaur

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2011, 04:43:56 PM »
So if I hacked my Wii I'd be able to play NES and N64 games and stuff like that on it?

It's called Virtual Console. =P

Anyway, yes you can.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2011, 04:59:34 PM »
I think every NES game works, some N64 games, and almost every SNES game can be installed onto the Wii.

People make custom games, which is how I got EarthBound with a different save icon, special start up music, and Channel icon.

So far no Rareware game can be "injected".

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2011, 06:35:32 PM »
Can roms saved on your computer just be dragged onto the sd card. Because I have some I wouldn't mind having on the Wii.

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2011, 06:55:24 PM »

It's called Virtual Console. =P

Anyway, yes you can.
It's called not paying the money. :P
rip dinosaur

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2011, 08:32:49 PM »
Can roms saved on your computer just be dragged onto the sd card. Because I have some I wouldn't mind having on the Wii.
Yes, but it needs to be the correct file format to be able to play or it can be .zip (for some emulators). For example, NES games are .nes, SNES games are .smc, etc. As stated before, some emulators can read .zip files, which help reduce their original size so you can have more games. If you want to download them to the Wii Channel (like a VC game), then that's a different story. Remember, this is only for emulators.

It's called not paying the money. :P

I know, I just like screwing with ya. I've spent a lot of money in my life on video games, it's time to start expanding my gaming library.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:37:43 PM by Naked Snake »

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2011, 04:38:56 AM »
^Weren't WiiWare things .wad files?

But I'd suspect a Homebrew Channel or sth might be needed. OWAIT Channels/games can run off the SD >_< (HJ slaps self)

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui: